jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Why do people go out of the way ( do hardwork & homework ) to bring you down or

1. Ramona27 profile image73
    Ramona27posted 18 months ago

Why do people go out of the way ( do hardwork & homework ) to bring you down or be unkind towards.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13149985_f260.jpg

Clearly when people (enjoy doing something) they neither consider it be "out of the way" or "hard work". Haters LOVE to hate!
    Everyone has their share of enemies, critics, and detractors.
    I imagine jealousy and envy play a big part in such activities.
    If they're not "happy" they don't want to see others being happy.
    It's up to the individual to either remove negative/toxic people from their circle or make arrangements to spend less time around them.
    Each of us gets to (choose our own) friends, lovers, and spouse.
    Choose wisely! (Not everyone will qualify to make your team.)

Ramona27posted 18 months agoin reply to this

When i used to get compliments or admiration such person would stand behind me and say hurtful things to me right after, increasing it to stopping others from saying good things to me.  I had to remove quite a few people like that.

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 18 months agoin reply to this

My god, we are IN SYNC w/ the answers. There are so many haters out there..Compliments are too hard for them to make....No congratulations...Just  venomous hate...that's SO MUCH EASIER for such people. It's the crab in the barrel mentality in action.

3. gmwilliams profile image86

Disassociate from people who are negative.  Negative people will only bring one down.  Successful, positive people need only others of the same speed.  Disassociate yourself from the haters, losers, negaters, & other TOXIC people, I certainly hav

3. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 18 months ago

What in us gets hurt when people say things we don't like hearing?   That is an important question both to ask and work on finding the answer to.

If your own belief in what you are is so strong that it becomes a knowing the "slings and arrows" of others will slide past, bounce off, or at the very most, not penetrate very far.

Probably one of the worst things we can do is dwell on what we regard as a slight or an insult.   Who is making it worse for us then?   For example, if someone gives you 'the finger' in a chaotic traffic situation, he or she did it ONCE and it was over with.   If you carry the thoughts of retaliation for the next two hours don't blame the person making the gesture.   Forget it!  Move on! 

And if you can;t move on, then it's time to start thinking seriously about learning more about what you are and what you are not.   The only person in charge of your mind is you.

Ramona27posted 18 months agoin reply to this

I don't dwell on these things. But it Amazes me how some people do bad (unkind, negative, hurtful ) every single time when they get a chance. Just curious to know whats on their mind.

2. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Ramona...did my answer to your question upset you? Im at a loss...

3. gmwilliams profile image86

@Ramona, there are HATERS & NEGATERS out there.  Cut them out of your life.  That is why I advise successful people to CUT OFF people less successful than they are. Such people are.....TOXIC......

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12739044_f260.jpg

They are haters, negaters, &/or otherwise jealous of what you are & have.  You are also perceived to be a threat to such people because you possess qualities & talents that they don't & won't ever have.   These people KNEW this & instead of attacking the underlying reason for their problems &/or otherwise dire predicament in life, they use the displacement mechanism to attack ...........YOU.   They denigrate you because they know that you are FAR BETTER than they are.  They HATE this, they want to be......YOU & to have.........YOUR LIFESTYLE.

1. Tusitala Tom profile image62
      Tusitala Tomposted 18 months agoin reply to this

It is the ego's fear of "I am not enough."   The self-image knows, deep down, that it is an imaginary concept, and not the Real you.  It is always subject to 'craving' (wanting) and 'aversion.'  Our ego is never satisfied for long.

5. Johnny James A profile image77
    Johnny James Aposted 18 months ago

People go out of their way to be unkind to others because they may feel bad about themselves. They may have the idea in their head that if someone feels worse then they will feel better by comparison.  Others say unkind things toward others when they feel threatened, and unfortunately people do not grow out of this.  You can look at various threads on this site (especially threads about politics) and you will see seemingly rational people act childish in nature and calling each other or the candidates names. Best advice I can give you is to rise above the negativity, and try not and let the negative comments of others bring you down.

working