jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do cheaters change?

1. rosedanielle profile image75
    rosedanielleposted 14 months ago

Do cheaters change?

2. Shirl Urso-Farmer profile image88
    Shirl Urso-Farmerposted 14 months ago

I don't know about all cheaters, but it's been my (unfortunate) experience that they don't. I've learned the hard way that a person who is hard-wired to cheat - meaning they enjoy having a partner & someone on the side - will never be monogamous. I'm speaking of someone who hasn't made a 'mistake', but someone who has a history of it with other partners and also a pattern of it with their current partner. Very painful lesson to be learned.

3. AF Mind profile image65
    AF Mindposted 14 months ago

Sometimes. I think it might be rare though, but I don't like to group everyone as the same.

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 14 months ago

Rose.....Allow me to say, "DITTO,"  to Shirley's comment.  I have expressed this same opinion numerous times in my life as well as here on HP.
    I believe, based upon decades of witnessing, experience, study of human nature & behavior analysis.....without a doubt:  Human beings will either cheat or they will not according to their constitution, ideals, personal beliefs, moral fiber, basic nature......In other words, said more clearly and elementary, given identical scenarios, motive & opportunity....an individual will either be capable of cheating or they simply are not.
    "Changing" this from one to the other is HIGHLY unlikely......RARE!

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

Only if the punishment for having cheated is hard enough, and it ruins your relationship if you're constantly supervising and disciplining him.
    No, he isn't going to change 95% of the time.