jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What happens when your heart is broken?

1. Ruby0923 profile image60
    Ruby0923posted 8 months ago

What happens when your heart is broken?

2. profile image60
    peter565posted 8 months ago

There is a Buddhist view on this, which I really love. It says, ur love life is determined by ur Karma, what is meant to be is meant to be. If it is meant to be ur's, it would be ur's even if u don't want it, if it isn't meant to be ur, even u try force it, it won't be ur. Strive for what u want, but if it is not meant to be, learn not to obsess with it.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 8 months ago

Hopefully you learn to choose a better mate.
    When it comes to love and relationships most of us (fail our way) to success. Rarely does anyone hit a homerun their first, second, or third time up at bat. If this were not the case we would all be married to our high school sweethearts!
    Oftentimes during our youth it was a case of immaturity and having unrealistic expectations. We really thought we'd found our "soul-mate" at age 17 or whatever.
    The vast majority of us at age 28 or 30 look back and see how immature we were. Most people have yet to figure out who (they) are let alone know what they want/need in a mate for life!
    We allowed "impulsive connections" and "happenstance" to dictate our relationship choices.
    It's the equivalent of going shopping without a list!
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    With each failed relationship we modify our "mate selection process" or "must haves list" as we discover more about what (we truly want) and learn from bad choices we made in the past.
    If you want something different (you) have to do something different. It's important to keep things in perspective.
    In order for your (ex) to have been "the one" he/she would have had to see (you) as being "the one". At the very least a "soul-mate" is someone who actually wants to be with you!
    Thankfully there are over (7 Billion) other people on the planet.
    Every ending is a new beginning!

4. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 8 months ago

Hi Ruby having your heart broken is like missing half of your body! Having a broken heart is so painful. All I can think to add here is to mention how to get around a romantic or idealistic attitude towards love and loving. For me, I used to believe to love someone would get you through all the ups and downs. Well I know you can love someone but not like them. I think the way to longer relationships even if you are a serial monogamist, is to be on the same page with one major goal you want to strive for as a couple. That was you share a higher purpose together and the pressure of love in the relationship isn't overburdened or overloaded. Do things together but also have separate interests so when you come together you can add new things and people to each other's lives. Keep the spark alive. And this will spill over into other areas of your life.