jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Is it best to avoid showing any cleavage on first dates?

1. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 6 months ago

Is it best to avoid showing any cleavage on first dates?

For example, I generally show zero cleavage, lest the guy get the wrong idea. However, there are times when I wonder if it would be okay to show a little bit. In short, sometimes I wonder if I am dressing like a nun. Lol. What do you think? Are men too likely to label a woman if a little bit of cleavage is showing? I am interested in the opinions of men and women.

2. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 6 months ago

Honestly, a woman's cleavage has never had an impact positive or negative.

Eye contact, mutual attraction to one another, come on, unless a person has been a recluse or very unfortunate in life, none of this needs to be explained.  Cleavage has never had any impact on the matter for me.

1. Ken Burgess profile image89
      Ken Burgessposted 6 months agoin reply to this

If  I like someone, it doesn't matter what size cup they fill or how much they are showing... the opposite as well, someone I have no interest in won't change that no matter how much skin is showing.  I would notice, but it wouldn't change much.

2. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering, Ken. Depending upon the region where one lives, this is something that women think about, strange as it may sound. I'm not discussing size, just whether women feel comfortable or not and why.

3. Besarien profile image86
    Besarienposted 6 months ago

Been married twenty years. I don't think my husband has seen cleavage yet. I keep them in my shirt.

Lol.

4. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 6 months ago

There's a difference between dressing nice and dressing like a nun. I feel that a properly fitted and flattering shirt is going to be your best option.

If the guy is judgmental of you showing (or not showing cleavage) then maybe he is not the best option for you.

1. MizBejabbers profile image91
      MizBejabbersposted 6 months agoin reply to this

I know what you're saying. There's also dressing like a slut, but I don't think that is what she is asking. Some nice dresses do show cleavage. Remember when a woman was considered "cheap" if she wore red? My parents were guilty of thinking that.

2. savvydating profile image96

I appreciate your answer, Chloe. I do advise women to wear fitted clothing; however, I still wonder, in my case. Miz B., thank you for understanding where I am coming from! Yes, some nice clothing simply shows cleavage. You have both enlightened me!

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13670316_f260.jpg

I really believe it all depends on how much interaction you have had prior to the date. Personally speaking I've had first dates that really didn't feel like a "first date" because we had engaged in multiple conversations over the phone, email exchanges, flirted with one another and so on prior to going out.
    The best dates are when you can just {relax} and be yourself.
    Ultimately the goal is to be yourself and have someone appreciate you for who (you) are. That includes your style.
    Wear whatever (you) are in the mood to wear or makes you feel comfortable based upon the date activity or event.
    One man's opinion! smile

Hi Dashing, I am generally very relaxed on first dates, but I also don't show cleavage on 1st dates---just down the line, once I feel comfortable with the man. But sometimes I wonder....what if?
      Good advice. Thank you!

working