Is dating a losing game for women?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Karen Whitefield profile image63
    Karen Whitefieldposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14724688_f1024.jpg
    Women have to play it really cautious when it comes to dating these days. How did we get here?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Men are the most dangerous thing on the planet for women. Guy shows up a blind date and most concerned if she looks good. Women shows up and hopes to keep her head by the end of the night.

2. Whisp profile image61
      Whispposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The dating game is constantly changing. I feel the older you are, the more potential landmines you may have to circumvent. Online dating when you're older is full of possible dangers. There are narcissists and bottom-feeders who prey on the vulnerable. There are people who want to swindle you out of cash. They think if you're beyond a certain age, you'll be an easy mark due to desperation. It doesn't mean love can't be found, but one needs to exercise a good amount of caution if dating. It's easy to get hurt or find yourself swinded out of hard-earned cash.

A lady I blind dated, told me she was swindle out of 30,000 dallors of her life saving, entirely online. From a assume romantic Nigerian.

My 10 years of on line dating sucks too, but not this bad.

2. dashingscorpio profile image79
        dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Whisp,

You made some valid points. However hopefully one would hope the older we become the more life experience and wisdom we would have.
        Online dating sites are just a (tool) for meeting new people.

Just as a fork is tool for eating. One can have a garden salad or a slice of double fudge chocolate cake. However no obese person would ever blame their (fork) for their weight gain!

And yet people with bad dating experiences with those THEY (chose) to engage with online will blame the whole online dating industry!

It's still up to the individual to have their own mate selection and "must haves" criteria. You're responsible for who you choose to engage with.
        It's not that online dating sucks, too many people suck at online dating!

Another mistake many people make is they don't bother to do any research on the various dating sites before choosing one!

One can learn what the average educational level, income level, age, male to female ratio, and many other facts about a dating site before deciding which one they want to use. In addition there are niche sites.
        These sites target specific "must haves" a person might have such as race, religion, age, pets, children, sexual orientation,  and hobbies/interests.

Castlepaloma,
        As for people sending thousands of dollars to people they've never met in person it just goes to show you commonsense isn't so common anymore.

https://hubstatic.com/14791307.jpg

My online dating has been unlucky.
          I have better chances creating social events like different art workshops, comedy standup, urban farming workshops. I hope it is not Illegal or unethical to date your teacher, besides being a fantasy?

1. dashingscorpio profile image79
            dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Castlepaloma,

There are countless ways to meet new people.
            Whatever works for (you) is great.
            There is no "one size fits all" method of meeting and dating.

Teachers dating students in workshops and seminars is generally acceptable if there are no (grades) or recommendations being given.
            People want to avoid the perception of having had an advantage.

Hmmm... there is an idea, give out grades for favors.

Just kidding,! I don't give out grades or golden stars.

2. Karen Whitefield profile image63

Agree with everything you've said, Castlepaloma.

On the other hand sex and laughing are the 2 greatest pleasure on earth. By the end of ones life, it's the one with the most joys (not toys) that WINS. It's worth the risk.

Karen Whitefieldposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The ironies of life! Worth it? Oh yes!

Good girl, go for it.

There really isn't that many murderers out there. Your more likely to commit suicide for the lack of not,  living it up.

Ha ha. You are hilarious, Castlepaloma.

3. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

Good morning miss Karen Whitefield. I like your question about dating. There are many single people that have many expectations. Single people has to compromise their missing expectations and decided together for their needs if they like and love each other. Some changes are possible to make to please the other person in dating to find a husband or a lifetime boyfriend. It is fun dating. You have to be brave to start dating to commit to someone; you do not know. It is like looking for any job. Once you find it; you do not let it go. You need to keep it up. It is important not to pretend. There are a lot of nice people looking for someone.

Erorantes, you had me at "It's like looking for a job." Isn't it? It always feels like the stakes are too high and any loss would mean the end of life. What if we were okay letting people go if they didn't like us? I think making peace with rejection is one of the biggest challenges of dating.

One difference, if dating seems like a job interview is. You might get naked at the end of it.

4. Karen Whitefield profile image63

Ha ha! That is not fair.

5. Isivwe Muobo profile image71
    Isivwe Muoboposted 4 years ago

That's just the world we live in. Its a jungle out there and you've gotta know how to protect yourself from predators.

6. Karen Whitefield profile image63

Isivwe Muobo, absolutely agree. Especially hard for women, don't you think?

In Canada It is said, women are treated best in the world. I see men are more hard done by in long term marriages.
      I prefer not to be married, the financial unbalance is damaging for both parties.

I standby the honor system and integrity.
      I allow them finger print, blood, credit and family background check before we share our lives together.

Yes. Trust is a very tricky thing and often one of the prime reasons for broken marriages or long term marriages.

Yes, if you can't trust,  you can't love.

I'm single and find 10 years of online dating sucks. Senior speed dating doesn't exist, and they are too picky and slow anyways.

I've pioneered a few things in my life. Now!!! A new and improved on stage comedy dating is here. Women want to know 3 main things. Is he homurious, hamsome, and rich. If you live in Toronto rich is king, the other two, more acceptable in smaller towns.

Online dating you don't get to hear my voice, nor how I move nor how I look in 3D. You will see my dark side, right off  the bat.
          Maybe after the show, if lucky, a sample of touch, taste and smell.

If we are really both lucky. You get to see my serious romantic side. That's not all!!! my love for multi-dimensional living to the fullest and the whole package. I'll throw in sweet nothings in your ears.

2. Isivwe Muobo profile image71
      Isivwe Muoboposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yea, definitely. When I was still actively dating, one simple rule that kept me "safe" was to never expect too much from any relationship.

I dated the guy, gave my all as best I could and just enjoyed each day as it came.

I was also careful though not to give something I would regret if things didn't work out. I NEVER gave money and trust me, one or two tried with talks of wanting to invest in a viable business.

I also didn't get too physical too fast. Sex might be commonplace in the world today, but it is a big deal for me. A few guys took a walk, but that was no great loss as it just exposed their real intentions in the first place.

7. Karen Whitefield profile image63

I agree! Online dating has only made the game more difficult for men and women. More mind games, more cheating and way too much time to get "exclusive".

This comedy on stage dating probably won't work in bars, because I have no long term success with ladies from bars. I can handle caffeine addicts from on stage cafe shops.

8. Karen Whitefield profile image63

Caffeine addicts are definitely more desirable than those of other variety! Ha ha ha

9. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

Good morning miss Karen. Of course, they are awake most of the time. They are ready to go do fun activities specially during the holidays. Happy Holidays to you.

10. profile image50
    Oliviaisabella011posted 4 years ago

WOW..... Dr Marvin has done it again!! I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me and the kids for over a year now, All effort to bring him back failed and i was desperate to bring him back home and I thought I'm not going to see him again because he was held down by a woman who he move out of the house to live with and i felt something was done on him. I search for help everywhere and i saw so many good testimonies of a spell caster called Dr marvin and his email was specify in the comment and I contact him and explain my problem to him and he assurd me that within 2 days my husband will come back to me, i feel happy already when i had that from him, After he has done the spell,Within 2days my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work,i was so surprise of this miracle, because it just too real to be real and i am so greatful to Dr Marvin for helping me to get my husband back. I know so many lady are out there with the same problem of mine and i feel to tell you today that there is no problem without a solution, do you need help to restore your marriage or relationship? contact Dr Marvin today via email: MARVINLOVESPELL011@GMAIL.COM or you can call and WhatsApp him on +2349059544255.Indeed he is a great man and capable of putting smile to our faces, thanks once again Dr Marvin for getting my husband back to me.

11. Jonh Gaarg profile image59
    Jonh Gaargposted 4 years ago

I agree with the thought above that the rules of the game in relationships have changed, now everything is not so clear. Also, I think you should not generalize women and Muscovites. I agree that there are stereotypes, but each person is individual. I always tried to give the best that I could to every girl with whom I was in a relationship. Also, I want to say a score of online dating. Each pursues different goals by going there. I’m sitting on this site https://hookupmasters.com/adult-dating- … ch-review/ and try to find a girl for communication and possibly relationships, if I'm lucky

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)