Why people love being alone?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (38 posts)
  1. GFS TEAM profile image60
    GFS TEAMposted 14 years ago

I am still trying to find its answer, but its true that even I love to be alone. But dont know the reason yet sad

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be alone unless you are isolating yourself from people or situations you don't want to face.

some people are more outgoing and like people around, others prefer being alone. I would go crazy if I always had people around.. how do people think when they are always surrounded by others? hmm

being alone gives time to think clearly, focus, dream, be.
      those are all pluses.

I have a dear friend who never wanted to be alone because it made her feel worthless and lonely, but eventually she saw that her self worth did not come from others and now enjoys her alone time.
      it wasn't being alone that made her feel worthless, but her own thoughts that she didn't have to hear when surrounded by others.
      I think, as with anything, there is a balance. smile

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

A few reasons, for me at least:

1.  Nobody telling you what to do.

2.  You can hear yourself think, not to mentions hear the crickets chirp and the stream burble outside the window.

3.  Nobody telling you what NOT to do.

4.  No guilty conscience for not listening to others.

The list goes on....big_smile

3. pooja0908 profile image60
    pooja0908posted 14 years ago

Coz Loneliness is the best companion

4. pooja0908 profile image60
    pooja0908posted 14 years ago

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.

1. ShallyD profile image60
      ShallyDposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh!! my  God..!! ...what an illusion

2. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's deep.

3. profile image53
      timrshepposted 11 years agoin reply to this

1. We're not born alone. All human beings are born in the presence of their birth-mother.

2. We may live alone.

3. We may die alone.

Do you really believe that "we create the illusion"? Perhaps the illusion has already been created for us.

1. Friendlyword profile image61
        Friendlywordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nobody should be alone unless they have no choice; due to money problems or medical conditions etc...

There is somebody for everybody in this world!  Get out there and find them.

1. WriteAngled profile image73
          WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This statement is extremely patronising and also very belittling of people who have made a deliberate choice, at whatever point in their lives, to be alone!

4. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's why schizophrenia can be a good thing to have...sometimes.

Roses are red
      Violets are blue
      I'm a schizophrenic
      And so...am I!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
        schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

5. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I don't know if people love being alone. It just depends on your circumstances.  You can be part of a large, loud family where you can't get any time to yourself, I can see why you'd love to be alone. lol

6. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 14 years ago

Idon't like to be alone all the time, I would say 5 - 6 hours a week. I like the down time that lets me meditate and recoupe.

7. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

There's less responsibility toward others, you can just kind of float along and do what you want, take care of yourself, and that's it. You don't have to worry about hurting someone's feelings by not spending enough time with them, or failing to meet their expectations, and you never have to worry what others will think about the way you manage your home, time, and money.

For me, I used to be extremely lonely...and someone was right there in the same house. Some reason it's a lot easier being lonely if no one is around, because then it's understandable and you don't have to wonder why the loneliness is there. Now I have a wonderful husband, but aside from his company still prefer to be alone for the most part...I'm a full-time freelancer and really don't have to see anyone outside of the house if I don't want to, and I generally opt not to. Once a week I go out with one of my friends, but otherwise enjoy the uncomplicated solitude and the freedom to devote my energies to my work, my dog, my son, and my husband.

8. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I can find people to be a drain on my energy. I love being alone because my energy levels go up and up and up when I can just let my mind wander and talk to myself and whatever else. There is a saying that goes 'hell is other people' and I can totally see why that saying came about.

9. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

so they don't have to hold their farts in, sorry it was unavoidable lol

10. tantrum profile image62
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I love to be alone !
    I love to travel alone sometimes . It's the sense of freedom.

But I like to be alone, because I have very good friends to turn to ,when I want company.

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years ago

Sometimes it as simple as being comfortable with who you are.  I like having people around but I also like being alone.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

I don't really love being alone, so can't tell. But in certain situations I don't mind being alone like when I am doing something really important, when I am gardening or watching one of my favorite movies at home.

Will you guys like being alone when you have nothing to do really except getting bored?

1. wychic profile image84
        wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's this bored thing? tongue Between work, hobbies, books, exercise, etc. I don't think I've ever experienced not having anything to do. I suppose one might seek companionship of others if they didn't have anything at all to do...though some of us seize the opportunity to play inside our own minds.

3. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

Well big family or family that hardly cares for individual opinion can force people to choose loneliness.

4. TheGlassSpider profile image63
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Check out my hubs about the people I live with...and you'll see why you like to be alone wink

5. mod2vint profile image60
      mod2vintposted 14 years ago

If you work in a field where you deal with the public, you crave being alone

1. Ohma profile image60
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep same for me!

6. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

We love to be alone because our default state is not being alone.

7. Georzetta profile image73
      Georzettaposted 14 years ago

Other people are often too much work. It's a minefield out there with all those egos. It's just too exhausting to be truthful and avoid hurt feelings and placate all the toes you step on.

8. Mamelody profile image60
      Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

Oh I love being alone big time! The best company I enjoy is of my own. I find being alone actually makes me a better person because I'm free to do what I want, nobody nagging me or telling me what to do, I can wonder around my house naked all day long, I can take off and go anywhere I want and at anytime, I can eat ANYTHING without some idiot telling me to watch my weight!

People really are energy drainers and usually I'm not that happy around people and happier alone.

9. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

I love it because I love it.  I have never needed a reason to just be me.  I'm me.

10. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 14 years ago

In a world that gets crazier by the day , and schedules that are ever more demanding I find it imperative to decompress from the world outside of me. And as most of us here at HP love to write is it not true that most writers are solitary figures ? I cannot articulate my thoughts properly with numerous distractions.

11. Crisramas profile image59
      Crisramasposted 14 years ago

To be alone is something you enjoy when you're thinking deeply on problems you alone is involve to concentrate. But not all the time, solitary situation is good, especially if you're on a depression moment. You need someone to share your problems, to lean on and get advice to untie you from deeply in trouble.

You need a companion to burst out what you feel inside is disturbing you.

1. profile image53
        csillahanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Q: why do most great thinkers love solitude ?????

12. cookibuq profile image62
      cookibuqposted 13 years ago

<--natural born loner ._.
      so sad and yet not so sad...

13. profile image0
      ssbrookhaven65posted 13 years ago

Being alone is not a choice, but it is heroin in my arm. It will not escape me, nor will I escape it.

1. adrienne2 profile image66
        adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy being around others mainly cuz I can be a ham sometimes. However I do enjoy being alone.  One reason I do love being alone is to enjoy the quite.  I love the still quiteness in being alone. Another reason I like being alone if I feel like being a slob - nobody will know it lol.

14. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years ago

Because I am my own best friend - and because it is not easy to get much done when not alone.

15. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 11 years ago

love being alone in order to get things done, listen to good music, get things done, think, get things done!

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

I don't talk that much!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)