50th Anniversary

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

Hey hubber's! Hope you are all well.

My Nana and Grandad have been married for 50 years on saturday so we're throwing them a surprise party, we're trying to decide on a song to play when they walk in, my mum wants congratulations by Cliff Richard but I don't think it's very original. Can anybody suggest some appropriate songs??

Thankyooouuu smile big_smile

1. cupid51 profile image69
      cupid51posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is great! Please convey my congratulations to them. I pray to GOD for their good health and long life.

I am sorry I don't have any idea about that type of song. I will look forward to see if anybody suggest that.

1. profile image0
        sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awwww thanks Cupid! I will smile

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Grow Old w/ Me... Can't go wrong w/ Lennon.  (Also a version by Mary Chapin Carpenter which is very nice.)

Congrats to your family!!!

1. profile image0

Thankyou very much Thoughtful, hope you are well smile

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

That is great!

How about a musical montage, starting with the Bridal March and mixing in pieces of the music hits during their 50 years together....    hmm

1. profile image0

Ohhhh, thanks Mike! That's a great idea! smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your Welcome...glad I could help smile

1. profile image0

big_smile

2. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cool idea.

Wow!  50 years.  Now that is saying something!  smile

1. profile image0

I know! yikes hehe a very long time! smile

3. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago
    1. profile image0

Awww thankyou Faybe, you're so lovely!

Hope you are well! smile

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I am good, and you Sophs, the sun is shining?

1. profile image0

Good Good smile

Yes I'm good thankyou but the weather is pants!! Raining and grey and I have to wait for the drain man to come and unblock my drains pfftt, a very dull wednesday lol hope you're having a better one! smile

1. Faybe Bay profile image64

I am trying to make myself do something. The gray days have made my whole house go to shambles! I am lazy, but when there is so little light it just makes it harder to move.

When I see you and Hokey and others here, It doesn't feel so gray.

big_smile

1. profile image0

Ohhh I know, we need some sunshine!! smile Oddly I have a huge amount of energy today I'll send you some! smile

Awwww, me too, hubbers are like the sunshine!

2. Hokey profile image59
              Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I should come to Florida and make you happy!  big_smile

1. profile image0

Ohhh Ohhhh, can I come too Faybe!!?? smile big_smile

3. Faybe Bay profile image64

You guys are so sweet. I am filling out surveys, trying to make some money on line. big_smile

4. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Play In spite of ourselves by John Prine and Iris Dement. You can find it on youtube or many other places. I love this song. Check it out and let me know what you think. big_smile

1. profile image0

Thankyou Hokey! I'm on my way now! smile

2. profile image0

I love this! I love ketchup on my scrambled eggs toooo!! Hehe tongue

Thanks Hokey!

1. Hokey profile image59

Your welcome! Isn't that a great song?

1. profile image0

It sure is! So real, that's what I like about it smile

1. Hokey profile image59

Me too. That is one of my favorite songs of all time!  big_smile

5. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Cliff - congratulations and celebrations - has to be - sorry sophs - has to be Cliff smile

1. profile image0

Haha, thanks Irish, my Mum will be please, hope you are well smile

6. profile image0
    SwampDonkeyposted 14 years ago

Happy Anniversary.

1. profile image0

Thanks SwampDonkey smile

1. profile image0
        SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello. You have a pretty picture.

1. profile image0

Awwww thanks SwampDonkey smile

1. profile image0
            SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your welcome.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)