jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

I had a friend and we recently fought and now we are enemies. Now....

1. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 6 years ago

The problem is...
    He a coward and a blackmailer. He alawys will send emails abusing me and my family but when we come face to face he will not talk at all and he starts following me wherever i go! He is a bloody idiot and he is harrasing me all the time for no reason at all! What to do? Please tell me.

1. RealityBomb profile image77
      RealityBombposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow!
      How can people been so mean and cowardly? Lifes far too short to hold onto any grudges.
      Probably the best way you can resolve this issue would be if you stop him and explain that abusing you and your family is uncalled for and highly immature, ask him what he wants and explain you will try you best to resolve his grievances against you. Tell him that this is a ONE TIME offer and if his behavior continues there will be very serious consequences for him. Leave it an open threat and stand firm that it is a threat.
      Hopefully, the guy will tell you what he wants and what will make him stop. If he does, no matter what it is, be polite and reassuring. Then accept anything he proposes.

Oh and I forgot to mention, make sure you have Dictaphone recording the conversation.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I don't know about the blackmail part. Sometimes, such issus can be resolved peacefully by having someone help out as a mediator; a trusted third party who is not emotionally involved can get things calmed down to path the way for a compromise. At other times, legal action may be required - restraining orders come to mind.

1. profile image0
      JASON NICHOLSposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But Website Examiner the main problem is that he is not ready to sit with me and peacefully sort it out!

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

That is why I suggest having a third party contact him on your behalf. If he is unwilling to talk to that third party, this won't work. But if that third party writes to him respectfully, he might respond. What have you to lose?

1. profile image0

Website Examiner, You are right! I will try it out and i have something to loose and that is my friend. Right now he is hiding behind the bushes of my neighbours garden and looking me with his binocoulars.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lots of conflicts, private and business, get solved through mediators. This may be a tough one, but there is always a chance. Good luck with it!

1. profile image0

Thank you Website Examiner. I hope your Good luck works!

4. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

He is clearly a little mentally unstable - I would treat him with care and compassion, or shoot him !

5. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

Only joking of course ! - a third party may help, although in my experience they can also often make things worse.  Time may be the best ploy, just wait.

1. profile image0

Roger that china man:) But i can't wait to shoot him down and throw him in Hell! LOL:)

6. profile image47
    Reachingoutposted 6 years ago

I will advice you to allow love rule over every action you take. He might have offended you; In your dealing with him let love come first.

7. luvpassion profile image60
    luvpassionposted 6 years ago

You said " He is a bloody idiot and he is harrasing me all the time for no reason at all!"

People rarely harrase someone for NO REASON AT ALL have you informed him that HE IS A BLOODY IDIOT, or treated him as such at some prior point.

Consider calmly asking his reasoning.

lol

1. profile image0

Hello luvpassion, We were best freinds and one day for no reason he started bullying me!  And I alawys treated him like my buddy!

8. Wendy Krick profile image49
    Wendy Krickposted 6 years ago

I classify people like this energy vampires. How to solve it...
    Don't Give Him Your Energy.

When You see an email from him - Delete it right then. Don't read the e-mail or you will be giving him your energy.

Do Not go to events where he will be. or ignore him is he is at any of those events.

When you get frustrated you are giving him what he wants. So just let him be.

Only worry about you.

My Favorite Quote is...
    "It is none of my damn business what other people think about me."

Don't give him your energy....You only hurt you when you do.

1. profile image0

Wow Wendy Krick. You have given me a beautiful sugestion! I love it and i will do exactaly as you said. And i liked that quote a lot.

1. Wendy Krick profile image49
        Wendy Krickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad I was able to help.

9. Rastamermaid profile image71
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

I'm with Wendy,you have to put him on Ig...Ignore!

Had a similar problem where so-called friend wish to post blogs about me obvious to friends of mine.

When a friend replied in my defense she replied blasting me to friend of course friend forwarded emails to me.

If you want to keep this friend block his emails,if he really wants to reconcile he'll come out of the bushes and settle it with you one way or the other for closure.

But don't allow him to drain your energy.

Life's too short for nonsense.

Either he's a friend or not!

Real friends show up and air the problem out,not hide behind emails and blogs!

working