Love

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image55
    Unknown Explorerposted 13 years ago

Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with tears.-Is this true? What do you think?

1. Don Ship profile image73
      Don Shipposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." -  Alfred Lord Tennyson

1. profile image55
        Unknown Explorerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like that quote

2. starme77 profile image77
        starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yup smile smile smile

3. Don Ship profile image73
        Don Shipposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha! Me too! big_smile

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love never ends.  The face of love may change, but love itself never does.

1. Rafini profile image81
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love ends with hatred, but doesn't have to develop in that direction.

1. profile image55

umm, ok, I think you are right.

No.  Love never ends.  This is the nature of love.  If one feels hatred, they have never in fact loved the object of that hatred.

1. Rafini profile image81
            Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are some who believe love and hate are the same thing - essentially, passion.

I say they are not the same but are both rooted in passion, and love can develop into hate if nurtured properly for it but doesn't have to.....

2. profile image55

so in your opinion, tears are nothing but a form of love only?

1. couturepopcafe profile image60

We can be brought to tears for many reasons, most of which have to do with loss and pain, both physical and emotional.  Even tears of joy stem from a deep seated sense of something we thought perhaps would never come to us.  Lost love brings tears but the tears are from loss, not from love dying.  Love does not end.  This does not mean that the object of our love will not leave us, die, or otherwise be unreceptive in some way.

3. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love is my middle name! LOL! I agree with it except the ends in tears only applies when love ends which doesn't always happen.

1. profile image55

I agree that love does not always end, but we have to leave our dear person in the future, there is no escaping it.

4. Bredavies profile image63
      Bredaviesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesnt always have to end...Sometimes it just lasts.

1. profile image55

Well, I am not sure about that, I mean, love has got to get broken once and then sometimes it  gets repaired.

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Well in the US it ends in a divorce 6 times out of 10.

1. profile image55

haha, yeah, this is very bad, I mean why marry if you are going to break it.

flightkeeper - this is very funny.  Most are confusing love with relationship.  Relationships might end.  Love never does.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well that could be true, some of those marriages probably were for reasons other than love -- money, loneliness, insecurity, etc.  But I think that when most couples get married they are in love and they want it to last.  Divorce is devastating and it's a failure for most people but unfortunately those are the statistics.  Something happened in the course of marriage where a couple once loved each other but couldn't work out the relationship.  Whether it still ends up as love is anyone's guess.

Yes, true.  Sometimes people are so hurt they say things forgetting that they actually love the other person.  It takes dedicated effort to stay kind even in anger.

3. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

yes,  only relationships end, love continues..
    I wrote a poem about it once, where does love go when you let it go. one of those ethereal type questions..

You know what they say, it's the only thing you can keep giving away and still have plenty left to give.

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, I think you are right. I don't think love in itself changes, only people and circumstances.

4. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 13 years ago

well, if it ends it can end with tears - can also end with a slap in the face smile

5. Diane Inside profile image71
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

You can't make somebody Love you, but you can sure make them hate you.

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ya got that right smile

6. profile image51
    Willieardposted 13 years ago

Love makes us lovely, emotional and fulfill our all the wishes and gives us a cute smile on our face, without love we can't feel happy at any movement.
    http://www.wellnessstarts.com/acai-thermo-reviews.html

7. Sneha Sunny profile image84
    Sneha Sunnyposted 13 years ago

yeah.....its true...

8. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Nothing ever truly lasts permanently. We only get so long on this earth to savour and appreciate life and friends, partners and loving them. So get busy loving or get busy counting how half empty the glass is. Life is too short, and no point in worrying over it and talking down the bench. Christmas and winter blues not withstanding, 2011 will be better than 2010. Cheer up. It will happen for you. Just believe.

9. Halima Fowosire profile image61
    Halima Fowosireposted 13 years ago

When you love somebody, and they keep making you cry,the love you have for them slowly diminishes,until you start wondering how come you actually fell in love with them in the first place:(

Halima - we cry because we let them make us cry.  Expectation was different than what was received.  We did not teach someone how to treat us so when they fell short, in this case hurtful, we no longer see what we saw in them.  Sometimes what we thought was love was not love at all.  I still say if it were love, it would not end.  We would not like the person for what they have done, but we would find the love.

10. Halima Fowosire profile image61
    Halima Fowosireposted 13 years ago

Okay,but does that mean you could be in love with more than one person at a time? And could you love someone for no particular reason,like if they ask you,'why do you love that girl?',and you say,'I don't know,I just love her...'..??

Absolutely on all counts.  We are capable of loving many people in different ways and for different reasons and all at the same time.  Love is something we find within ourselves, not in the other person so we need no reason to explain this.  It just is.  Do not think of love as only romantic love.  It is much deeper than that.  The face of love may change from romantic to companion or whatever, but it is still love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)