jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Premarital live-in- What do you think about it?

1. Mavhe Quijada profile image63
    Mavhe Quijadaposted 6 years ago

Today, it's normal when a man and a woman decide to live together as a man and wife even if they aren't married yet. What do you think about it? I have been told that it is a sin, immoral, for the Bible stated that it's a "fornication". What do you think?

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Would you buy a car without taking it for a test drive?
      I think it only makes sense that two people live together for some time before they sign any legal papers that complicate things. If they can make it work without the need to get married, even better! When you do something because you want to, you make it work. The minute you see it as an obligation you start having doubts. You need to do what feels right in your heart, not what society tells you.

2. Mavhe Quijada profile image63
    Mavhe Quijadaposted 6 years ago

hi klarawieck, thanks for your comment. I see your point. Open-minded. Yes, many married couples nowadays are still ending up broken because they are knowing each other well and realize that they can't accept each other's attitudes. Let's see what others are thinking.

1. cindi h profile image60
      cindi hposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This was just one of the many many things I disagreed with regarding the Churches stance. My family's previous generation grew up with arranged marriages where they often would meet their intended on the day of their wedding!  Most of these relatives were 'Catholic' and divorce was not an option. They lived with abusive spouses and were never allowed to express individuality. I believe that you can never truly know someone until you live with them. I don't consider it a sin to live with and love someone before making a lifetime commitment to them.

Mavhe Quijadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cindi, thanks for sharing about your family tradition. I understand now why you don't agree with it. But how will you answer Bible telling that pre-marital live in is a sin?

1. cindi h profile image60
          cindi hposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't answer to the bible, I answer to God. I don't really believe that the bible is the true word of God, after all, it has been translated by man and I believe many of the interpretations were formatted to fit the agenda of the ecclesiastical hierarchy

3. ubanichijioke profile image50
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

Would you hop into a car and start the engine without learning first how to drive? I believe living together with someone you ain't married to is a SIN. It is better to wait for it or do the right thing by getting married instead of living in deception.

Hi ubani, I'm so glad you follow this forum. Your views are always broad and you give sincere comments. Thanks for this.

I just wonder why people who chose to get married first before moving in together are more likely to end up broken than those who are living already yet not married.

4. sumosalesman profile image60
    sumosalesmanposted 6 years ago

It's like opening gifts early and having the desire to return them over your head a lot more.

5. jbunch1990 profile image58
    jbunch1990posted 6 years ago

it really depends on the persons beliefs and views on things. some people see it as completely immoral and the worst thing ever while others believe that there is nothing wrong with it. if people are so worried about the Bibles view on things thats really just being a complete hypocrite, because there are plenty of things that the Bible says not to do but then even people who are so religious and biblically concerned do. So really it doesn't matter what other people think, its a personal choice and depends on how you yourself view things and what your beliefs are. just sitting and debating with people when you clearly have your mind already made up on things isn't gonna change your view on things.

Hi jbunch, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I feel sad about your view towards the Bible. Do you not really believe it's the word of God? Why?

1. jbunch1990 profile image58
        jbunch1990posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I never said that. I dont have bad views of the Bible, its just people who seem disappointed and disgusted with peoples actions, when if you are so biblically smart, you would know God views all sins equally, so something as simple as lying to something as terrible as genocide, God views equally. So judging people on something is really stupid and pointless, and people have no right cause there actions are judged by GOd just as bad as everyone elses. Thats my point.

6. Extinct Soul profile image60
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

Sadly, the technology had eradicated the sense of marriage. It is now widely accepted that humans need sex to prove if they were for each other. So premarital live in was now the new trend.

working