lifegate profile image 78

Who wrote the Gospel of John?

We are to be like the Bereans and search the Scriptures. Can anyone give me scriptural proof that the Apostle John wrote the Gospel that bares his name. Forget outside sources. Forget tradition, and what you may have been taught. I'm looking for proof from within the Scriptures themselves. Thanks in advance.

lambservant profile image91

Lori Colbo (lambservant) says

• lifegate profile image

William Kovacic (lifegate) 2 years ago

I tend to agree with you. Actually, there is a reason I'm asking. I've always been taught that the Apostle John wrote the book, but no one offers proof..If John didn't write the book, it changes much of the Gospels. Thanks for responding, Lori.

tsadjatko profile image89

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

parrster profile image84

Richard Parr (parrster) says

• lifegate profile image

William Kovacic (lifegate) 2 years ago

Thanks Parrster. The problem I'm having is that tradition seems to play a big part. We can agree that the disciple whom Jesus loved wrote the book, but just who was that disciple. i think you have some good thoughts, and they mirror mine.

PlanksandNails profile image89

PlanksandNails says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

Proof? You are joking, right?