MissMelissaK profile image 86

I struggle with Calvinism. When I meet Calvinists though, I can't help but see Jesus!

I struggle with Calvinism because of the predetermination. I believe in free will BUT Calvinism believes God has chosen whom he has chosen out of grace. But that leads to my question, where is the love in that? If he chooses some and damns others to hell, how is that love? Yet, when I personally meet Calvinists, they are some of the most sincere people devoted to the Lord that I have met. I have met mega church evangelicals and most of them live like the world. I can't say the same about the Calvinists. Any thoughts on the matter?

krillco profile image96

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

• Chris Remmie profile image

Chris Remmie 3 years ago

Calvinism isn't a denomination like Lutheran or Baptist, but it is a belief structure. It is merely a label that describes a person's beliefs. If we sat down for five minutes to discuss your world views, I could place a label on your beliefs, also.

tlmcgaa70 profile image70

tlmcgaa70 says

JThomp42 3 years ago

No comment necessary. This says it all.

Chris Remmie profile image75

Chris Remmie says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 3 years ago

You make the proud assumption that people who disagree with this teaching "don't understand." This of course is the cry of all those who hold to their own brand of religion. Many reject it because they DO understand it.

Daveadam says

• Chris Remmie profile image

Chris Remmie 3 years ago

Dave, God has read the thoughts of every man and woman on earth and this is His conclusion:

Gen 6:5 "The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Robert the Bruce profile image56

Robert the Bruce says

• Chris Remmie profile image

Chris Remmie 3 years ago

Nice caricature you built. The fact is that most who come to these truths in Scripture have a hard time wrestling with them emotionally at first. We don't invent these doctrines to feel secure, but we are only trying to be faithful to Scripture.