jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Mascot

1. Disappearinghead profile image83
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

A question from my four year old daughter: how can the Olympic mascots help Jesus to do his, or her, job?

No I haven't the foggiest what she was going on about either but maybe you guys have some pearls of wisdom I can pass on.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image85
      DoubleScorpionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mascots give a visual aid (kinda like a movie of a book) that gives people a better understanding of what is actually taking place...Word can only describe so well...and well you know...a picture is worth a thousand words....

Besides...It seems many are confusing his words...so he is thinking visual aids will word better..

2. jacharless profile image76
      jacharlessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Kids, they say the darndest things...

3. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha too funny! Maybe she thinks a mascot will give Jesus good luck? Or a mascot could be useful by advertising Jesus. Goodness the mind boggles when it comes to kids and the way they think. I miss my daughter being that young. So full of awe at the littlest things. So full of optimism in an innocent and pure way.

4. aguasilver profile image86
      aguasilverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well unless Jesus paid up His sponsorship fees, you can be sure He will not be mentioned at the coming Olympics.

Neither will Pepsi, cos Coca Cola bought those rights, and Mc D will be the ONLY sponsor allowed to sell french (or should that be American?) fries with food, except when they come with fish and chips.... I guess they knew that trying to stop fish being sold with chips may just tax the British mentality!

Disappearingheadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

As for Jesus being a big sponsor if all those TV evangelists actually believed all that prosperity gospel that they peddle, they'd be pouring in money to have Jesus sponsored.

There's probably insufficient fish stocks left in the North Sea to satisfy the worlds demand for fish and chips during the olympics.

1. aguasilver profile image86
          aguasilverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Only if they could guarantee a return on the investment! smile

5. profile image0
      Ghaelachposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The wonderful thing about kids is that they don't ask dumb questions. They only get dumb answers from people that don't now the right answer.
      We the intelligent grown-ups can have a conversation with one another and be satisfied with the end result. But with children we are out of our league, ie. your question.
      Your daughter has probably seen athletes crossing themselves before an event and looking up to the sky (heaven in her eyes) and asking Jesus for his help.

1. Alastar Packer profile image82
        Alastar Packerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent deduction with the chest crossing athletes Ghaelach. Children possess a purer consciousness that hasn't yet been corrupted by the world's B.S. and falsehoods--generally speaking that is.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I guess I'd first ask what she considers Jesus' job to be. That might clue me in on how the mascots could help.

And, out of curiosity, is Jesus having a crisis concernig his gender?

Disappearingheadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Im just waiting to be slapped for failing in my parental duty to train up my child in good Christian orthodoxy.

1. pennyofheaven profile image78
        pennyofheavenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Some would not consider that as failure but a saving grace!

working