Well , come on anti- christians ....are you ?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (86 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

Look at the general similarities in all of the inter- related Anti- God posts and you see  a huge underling  motive !   For one ; Finding proof is not the same as the seeking of ,or having of - faith ! Please go and look up the meaning of each if you have to ,  But stop with the phony attempts to "prove" that  God doesn't exist !  And Two ;  All you're doing is proving that you are   - God Snipers- ,  Hey ! A new word for next years dictionary!   Prove that YOU are not a Godsniper !   ......come on you can do it !
    note , this is simply an observation of most of these 'anti"posts  on forums.

1. twosheds1 profile image59
      twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

GodSniper! I like it! I freely admit I am one. I am anti-Christian, but then I am anti-all religions. Also, I don't need to prove gods don't exist; believers need to prove they do.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why does anyone have to proove anything  ?

1. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because claims of an invisible sky person without proof are nothing more than the ramblings of a crazy nut.

1. cleaner3 profile image70
            cleaner3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

it is called faith.

1. Josak profile image60

Call it what you like it doesn't change what it is. Believe in something absolutely with no proof and you are stupid, believe in an invisible companion and you are crazy, make that thing an established religion and you have "faith".

1. cleaner3 profile image70

so if i am stupid and  crazy, that is what I expect from someone of little or no faith. I would rather be stupid and crazy than to be IGNORANT.  . I will SEE You in HELL, my friend  waiting there with the devil that you also do not believe in.  ha,ha, ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1. Josak profile image60

And there is the religious nut i knew I saw in you tongue ... is that the famous Christian forgiveness and love I see big_smile

2. Dustin Staples profile image59
                  Dustin Staplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I sure love tension wrapped in humor smile.
                  cleaner3: to be willfully stupid is ignorance; metaphysics is crazy in light of physics; and faith is the acceptance of believing in something you know you can't prove. Does that make faith stupid? or just impassioned?  (these are rhetorical smile)

3. twosheds1 profile image59

If you'll see him in Hell, doesn't that mean you'll be there too?

I just love the smugness of believers.

2. profile image0
      TMDHemsley17posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am an anti-theist and proud to call myself that. I am proud to not be clouded by false religious beliefs and superstition.

No, finding proof is not the same as having faith, but having faith in something doesn't mean whatever you have faith in is true. A belief needs to be justified by evidence, otherwise it can be dismissed without consideration. In my arguments on this site, I am not trying to prove God doesn't exist, I am arguing why it is irrational and absurd to believe in God because it causes harm to society and has no proof behind the idea. Besides, the burden of proof lies on the theist to justify why they believe in God, not in the atheist to try and prove them wrong. If a scientist made a hypothesis, he wouldn't simply say "I'm not going to provide any evidence to support my claim, I'm just going to see if religion can prove my claim wrong, if they can't, it should immediately be held as correct", he would test and research his own claim to find his own evidence for the idea, so why should scientists also try and have to prove there isn't a God, it's up to religion to prove there is one.

If you want to call me a Godsniper, feel free to, but I'm going to argue against belief in God and religion for as long as I live.

1. profile image0

You my friend don't make any sense ! Theists have to proove God yet you don't have to dis prove anything , Right !

1. Josak profile image60

It's called burden of proof. If I come up to you and tell you I saw a unicorn then I would have to provide proof I saw one, you shouldn't have to prove I didn't see one (also because it's impossible to prove I didn't). The person making the claim beyond the apparent is the one with the burden of proof. You say there is a god I say prove it, if you can't then there is no reason to believe he exists beyond your word.

The person making the claim bears the burden of proof not the person who rejects the claim.

No one writes a book postulating a theory with no proof and then says "now prove I am wrong and if you can't I am right" he has to prove what he is saying is right.

2. twosheds1 profile image59

To expand on what Josak said, you're assuming that the existence of a god is the default position, and that non-existence must be proven. Logically, the default position must be that something does not exist, and evidence must be presented to establish its existence.

3. autumn18 profile image56
      autumn18posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the people asking for proof of God are doing so because a claim was made that he does exists and anyone who doesn't accept that is wrong. If you have faith then that's fine. I don't equate faith with fact. Faith to me is a strong hope. If there is no evidence of something but a strong feeling it is there, then to me that is faith. Honestly I've learned a lot over the last couple years as I've been getting more interested in religion and philosophy and I used to think that no one claimed that God was undeniably real. I know I'm wrong and I know there are a lot of Christians that would like to tell me I'm wrong or lost or too worldly to accept Jesus' call and that God is truth.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So?  My mother believes that lightning will strike her if she talks on a cell phone during a storm.  Nothing will convince her otherwise and anyone who says anything to the contrary is wrong.  I know I'm not wrong she knows I am and neither of us has exploded.

1. autumn18 profile image56

You're right, and I personally don't go around on here or in person to people requesting that they prove their claim. I just think that some people do that because they are being told they are wrong for not believing in something that doesn't exist for them. In some cases it gets personal when a persons morality or character is questioned for not believing in God.

2. profile image52
          Giddy Geezerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I saw your post and I just had to comment. Your mother's concern is valid! A cashier at our local Weis Market was struck by lightning inside the store while talking on her cell phone. She was very seriously injured and had to go on permanent disability. She is only in her 30's and she now has to walk with a cane and wear dark glasses because of the damage it did to her eyes. Her sister also told me she told never regain the full use of her right arm. This is not an urban legend, it really happened  and was reported in our local newpaper. I know her personally, she and her sister both worked in our local Weis Market where the incident occured. Her sister is still the manager there . I don't know how common this sort of thing is but I do know it happened once!

4. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The motive being a lack of belief?

Many of us already know that, it's the hard core believers here who don't.

LOL!  It isn't "phony" if we are referring to reality and believers must rely on faith for their arguments. It's actually the other way round.

Considering that the non-believers don't believe in your god or any other gods, they are not sniping at a god because that would make no sense, they are responding to the claims of believers who claim their gods exist.

5. Mikio profile image69
      Mikioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am anti fanaticism.  What I would like to see is the battle royal between highly evangelical Christians and determined Jehovah's Witness followers.  They will beat each other senseless, won't they?  As far as my belief goes, it is something like this: God is what God is, regardless of what we, human beings, say about what God is. Fanatical folks insist that God is what they say what God is.  To me, they are morons.

6. Bznss4rl profile image56
      Bznss4rlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Any one who is against the doctrine of the Godhead is a child of doom. There is a God who rules from heaven above, this is no fairytale except in the heart of the damned.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

Wow, believers can say some hilarious things when we criticize their gods, but this is just over the top silly.  lol

But "Child of Doom" would be an awesome name for a metal band! Come to think of it, so would "Heart of the Damned."

I'll play the cowbell. I know cowbell isn't quite metal but I don't know how to play anything else. smile

MORE COWBELL!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Walken-Cowbell.jpg

Totally! I'll cure that cowbell fever.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I'm not anti Christian or anti God. I do raise an eyebrow at false claims and those who use their idea of God as a weapon. And I do see Christianity, as it is displayed by some, as lacking the concept of compassion, humility or respect for others. The impetus behind this thread being one example.

1. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

++++++

The George Carlin quote on God
      Do you believe in God?" "Yes..." "Do you believe in my God?" "No." Boom! (shot in the head)

My god exist/doesn't exist - the paradox of  Schrödinger's cat - unmeasurable, but if label  God- then the kind of quantum 'super-correlation' collapses and you are stuck with a limited view that is used for political purposes to make war and subjugate.

If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him!
      This means anyone who thinks they have "THE ANSWER" is wrong. Our talking monkey minds can not comprehend. Might as well try to explain quantum physics to a grub worm.

1. Dustin Staples profile image59
        Dustin Staplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great answers here ^^^

ahorseback: If you classify "Godsnipers" as anyone who attempts to prove that god doesn't exist then everyone is a godsnpier. By holding faith in any god you are shooting down thousands of others, you might do this in a less logical or factual way, but you are still sniping them down.
        Really, the only person who isn't a godsniper is an agnostic ... yes i'm agnostic.

3. cleaner3 profile image70
    cleaner3posted 11 years ago

Is there proof of God, interesting question.
    you can say look into the heavens and see the vastness and imagination of the universe, is this the work of god? if there is a god ,why would he/ she let the human race go through all the tragedies of life and death on earth ? They bring this up as if humans are special, and the thought that we are the only living entitys in this vast universe.  No none will ever prove that God is real or imagined, that being said.  I myself am not a religious person, but believe that what is in your own heart , that thing in your body that holds your soul, which in turn controls your every thought  has a belief that there has to be something greater than just  me. Humans  can only havetheir own faith to get  them through everyday and deal with what life brings. In the Same vein no human (Godsniper) or anklebiter can prove their isn't a god. We all do know one thing that we have free will and that is the choices we make every day.  So make your choices and live your life, and we will see what happens in the end whether it is a single or a happy reunion.

Free will is an illusion.

4. Lisa Luv profile image73
    Lisa Luvposted 11 years ago

God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close

1. profile image0

You got it Lisa , And Godsnipers constantly bang their heads against  these doors.!

2. cleaner3 profile image70

Amen, brother.

3. Austinstar profile image83
      Austinstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can God open an invisible door? In you mind, he can! And religionists are constantly unable to see whether this invisible door is open or closed, they just have faith that invisible gods can open or close invisible doors. What's your point?

5. profile image0

I am comepletely convinced that athists are so biased in these forums  all one has to do is look at the nonsense  in your  post answers !   "You need to prove God and I dont have to disprove anything ".dododDOO do do doood ! You are soo lost in space God snipers !

1. profile image0

Something tells me you don't understand the burden of proof argument, let me lay it out for you.

Bertrand Russell put forward what is known as 'Russell's Teapot' to demonstrate the burden of proof principle. Say I were to claim that a small china teapot was orbiting the earth at an elliptical orbit somewhere between Earth and Mars, and made sure to add that it was too small for any man-made telescope or device to detect, it would be nonsensical of me to expect you to believe my claim simply on the grounds that you cannot prove me wrong. I have provided no proof for my claim of a celestial teapot, and have made sure, by adding it cannot be detected through any means, that you cannot disprove it. It makes no sense for me to say since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is wrong to doubt the claim.

The point is that you cannot prove a negative. Something needs evidence or support behind it first for it to be disproved, and the God hypothesis has no evidence or support. As the burden of proof principle states, it is up to the person making the claim to provide justification and evidence to back up their assertion, otherwise why should people believe in something with no proof?

I've explained this as best I can, but I imagine it is still going to go over your head.

Also, like Carl Sagan said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

6. profile image0

Oh I get it now ......."The burden of Proof "is only for believers   , well prove to me there is no God ! ........... I don't have to prove there is a God   Godsniper ! ...... please justify, by any means , How you would not  have to have more faith to NOT believe in a god  !  Why is the burnen all only  mine ?   Your blindness  of the true meaning of faith  isn't my issue , its yours , Is that over your head ?

1. profile image0

No, the burden of proof is for the individual making the claim. If a scientist proposes a hypothesis, that scientist must provide the evidence to justify and support the hypothesis. The principle applies to everyone who makes a claim. And again (I knew it would go straight over your head) I can't prove to you that there is no God, but it's is a remarkable piece of illogic to think just because I can't disprove your claim that is must therefore be held as true. You have to justify your reasoning for believing in God with evidence. Christopher Hitchens once said "That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

It doesn't take more faith to disbelieve in God, as I don't have any reason to believe in God. No evidence of God exists, no support, and quite frankly the idea of God is abhorrent and absurd, so why should I believe in something for which there is no reason to believe in?

I understand what faith is, but faith lacks proof and is the enemy of reason, so I don't need nor want faith in God.

2. Josak profile image60

The burden of proof is only for people making the claim, believers claim there is a god so they have to prove it as in they bear the burden of proof. Simple.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58

Just to point out the obvious...

Burden of proof only exists if you are trying to prove something to someone.  If someone isn't actively seeking a conversion of another to their faith/non-faith then burden of proof is largely useless.

Unless we are talking about educational open-minded conversations between people who are looking to expand their own outlook and expose themselves to new ideas.  Yeah... no worries about that happening on these forums though wink

1. Josak profile image60

Well most religions are what you might call pleading philosophies as it's a "philosophy" that seeks to convert people to it's way of thinking and uses several arguments to that purpose rebutting those arguments and the people who make them is reasonable.  Besides there are plenty of people here trying to prove one or the other of those (he exists/he doesn't).

Yeah well we can dream right? tongue

7. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

I think the only thing harder to fathom than people believing in unseen beings is people believing that people who believe in unseen beings care about producing believable evidence.

All this forum talk over the years about how believers lack intelligence and can't accept the evidence before them, and yet, here the non-believers are, the people who declare themselves the thinkers and partakers of fact and logic, continuing to argue a case they should know they can't win. Logic dictates you can't prove a negative. Therefore, you can never disprove God. As a thinker, you should realize this, and stop trying. It's one of those things where, for an outside observer, it's like, "Someone tell me again which side in this argument is supposed to be the foolish one?"

1. Josak profile image60

My loss of faith or "conversion" to non theism was directly attributable to people explaining several such things to me as a youth...

I don't think believers lack intelligence. There are, and have been, some very brilliant people who were very fervent believers, and really, everyone believes something irrational, despite how otherwise rational they may be. for example, a belief in karma. Not the formal version that is part of Hinduism, but the general belief that people who do good things get rewarded, and people who do bad things get punished. Lots of people believe that without ascribing it to God, and without believing in other supernatural phenomena.

All this means is that we're all human, and subject to the same faults and fallibilities that all humans are. The difference is in the consequences. Belief in karma doesn't really have major consequences, but belief in god(s) does indeed have very serious consequences.

8. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

I am very weary of all the hate and evil going on in this world. I am strong in my faith and in my faith I will stay. I let the Lord guide me each day and I thank Him in prayer. All the disbelievers and such can shout, cheer and advertise their disbelief and spew poison about I have and will continue to turn a deaf ear to them.

9. Lisa Luv profile image73

FAITH does not have to be proved...
    Yet belief is all the proof needed....

10. Lisa Luv profile image73

JUST TO CLARIFY MY QUOTE THIS MORNING~ This is a WORD that the ALMIGHTY gave to me this morning...in response to this anti-GOD forum discussing the need to have proof for faith...Not really mine but all credit goes to our ONE Wonderful GOD! HE truly is an awesome GOD!
    May the the lost find thier peace..
    May the unbeliever find hope... I wish all an awesome day!
    The following is the quote I posted earlier>
    FAITH does not have to be proved...
    Yet belief is all the proof needed....
    By
    Lisa J. Warner
    AKA
    Lisa Luv
    CopyRight8/15/2012@LisaLuvLLC
    AllRightsReservedByLisaJ.Warner

PS> This also reminds me of another WORD I once recieved from the LORD...and I am not quoting it for bedim, but in a nut shell it goes like this>

Those born not of the LIGHT shall never be of the LIGHT.
    Do not waiste your time trying to change people (souls) not of the LIGHT.
    But move on to spread the WORD to those who can be saved.

This previous WORD is also profound.
    The reason I still take the time to save you is beacuse if the Good LORDS WORD reaches just one soul to make them a Saint (and all believers are Saints) than it is worth the time and effort.  But to those of you souls that were never created in the LIGHT I still feel sorry for you...but unfortuanately there are some souls out there that can not be saved sadly...I do pray all of you were created in the LIGHT that read this, no matter your belief at this time.  Keep the faith that wisdom comes with laerning in time and people of the LIGHT will I pray be wiser and be saved!
    Again have an awesome day Everyone!

1. Austinstar profile image83

Your "special" club sure has some AWESOME benefits! Unfortunately, I don't need to find hope or faith since I am a realist.
      BTW, the title of this forum is Anti-Christian, not Anti-God.
      And you are correct, FAITH does not have to be proven - it actually can never be proven. It's only a concept.
      But this GOD thing you speak of does need to be proven by the people who want other people to 'believe' in it.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lisa, I do not believe for a minute  that you received that 'word' from the Lord. To say that some are not born or created of the light sounds like dodgy Calvinism to me.

1. ptosis profile image67
        ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

She probably don't know what Calvinism means and thinks it's a brand of jeans.
        Neither do I - is that like Lutherism? (The main tenet of the Lutheran faith is the doctrine of "faith alone." They believe that God gives the gift of faith to individuals by the Holy Spirit)

Well here's an intro link
        http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles/calvinism.html

Unconditional Election. Calvinism teaches that since man is so totally depraved when he is born, it is impossible for him to choose to serve God. Therefore, God must arbitrarily choose who will be saved. The chosen have no choice or participation in their salvation for the rest of their life.

Lutherism & Calvinism are like kissing cousins - yes?

11. Rain Defence profile image79
    Rain Defenceposted 11 years ago

I believe you meant verbatim.

May Lisa Luv find a spelling and grammar checker, Amen.

12. Lisa Luv profile image73

Oh yes ---I apologize for the poor spelling ---early in the morning and even now I am not using my spell checker...But no matter the poor spelling you must get GOD's point in all matters.

Again those of the LIGHT can be saved!
    Those who never were of the LIGHT are a sad story and a waste of the Children of GOD time.
    Again I do hope you are all born of the LIGHT((( and that is GOD's reality!)))

As well many of your writings here have been anti-GOD as well as anti-Christian...
    Both anti-GOD and anti-Christian are a problem in my book (The Bible).
    At least if you believe in a higher power and pray to that higher power, and listen really well>>You will hear eventually the truth from GOD HIMSELF.

13. profile image0

Lisa Luv and Melissa Barret are right , and believe it or not I'm sorry I even posted this thread , it only proves my point though .  If you are open to God and the chances created by having Faith ! You win , If you close your mind and heart to God ......Fine ! I'm a little different though , I don't care if you do that !  But if you are simply a Godsniper ....It shows clearly . My advice !  Get rid of your bitterness and open your minds to the possiblities of enlightenment!   Liberal minds are reported to be more open ........But I don't know if it's true .

How can I be a "god-sniper" when I don't believe that I have anything to shoot at?
      It matters not to me if you believe in the LIGHT or the GOD or the BUDDHA.
      I am only posting here to try and invoke your reasoning abilities.
      If you let the BIBLE or the QURAN or the POPUL VU dictate to you, then you are not using your reasoning abilities.
      Lisa, if God speaks to you, will you please record the sessions so others can benefit?

1. profile image0

"How  can  I be a God sniper " then why are you here , because we're 'Stuffing ' God down your throat ?

But which god?!?!

I'm very open-minded but not so much that my brain falls out.

"open your minds to the possiblities of enlightenment!"
      That goes both ways, you know. Why don't YOU open your mind?

14. Lisa Luv profile image73

LOL--- When God speaks to you...It is an inner voice you hear.
    Although he does speak to us in many ways.
    Sometimes the WORD comes from a special person that enters your life, or several through out your life as you are prayerful for the answers to the truth.
    (ooops just realized I am not using a spell checker again--lol)
    Some things are not just coincidences but really the HOLY SPIRIT bringing things into your life.  It might even be now while talking to me?
    Sometimes you can just be very prayerful for answers and open the bible in prayer to the randomness of your finger touch and there might be your answers right in front of you as the Holy Spirit guides you. 
    Wish truly I could record these miracle blessings for you. However again it narrows down to faith.  Yet when it happens to you finally and you listen with a pure loving prayerful heart trust me you will hear. 

Now feeling the HOLY SPIRIT come into you is another sometimes physical thing.  Once you understand what you are feeling being touched by the HOLY SPIRIT you will most likely want to feel that affirmation all the time!  But alas for me anyway it doesn’t happen all the time, yet when it does I understand it now.  I use to think I was weird or different when I felt such overwhelming things, but being so sensitive I was feeling it before I even understood. 

Oh I could go on and on describing things from major miracles in my life and how the HOLY SPIRIT has touched me!  I just wish and pray you could feel it too! 

I also want to say everyone has these gifts to feel or hear things.  Just for some people it comes easier to because they might be more naturally sensitive or have taken more time to deeply pray and meditate as well as listening and being open minded enough to feel or hear those inner voices. 

I do think though the search for truth of life is the most important question or quest you can pursue.  As well your belief should be of utmost importance. 

Think about this:
    If there is no GOD than fine you just live and die. (Which sounds pretty depressing to me)
    But if there is a GOD and you have the belief and faith in GOD and are than blessed with everlasting life for eternity in Heaven than you of gained more.
    What did you lose not believing in GOD? (You lost everlasting life)Or ( nothing which ever you believe)
    What did you lose believing in GOD? (You lost nothing but only gained a friend of pure love and your promise of an everlasting life.)
    Logically, choice wise and even gamble wise what do you think is the best choice or the smartest gamble?

I find it interesting that on one hand you claim to have gone from not understanding those alleged feelings to understanding them, yet there is no explanation as to how you made such a transition, considering you have absolutely nothing in which to compare the HOLY SPIRIT (are caps really necessary) to make such a conclusion. 

First you hear voices and then you hear more voices and somewhere in between you have decided it is the HOLY SPIRIT speaking to you. Nowhere do you offer alternatives to hearing voices, such as schizophrenia or bipolar.

Then, you go on to build on those false premises by adding in that you were "touched" by the HOLY SPIRIT as a "physical thing" - if that were the case, science would have detected that by now and could test and observe it. Of course, no such thing has ever been detected, not to mention so many other believers will emphatically state there is nothing physical about the HOLY SPIRIT, that it is entirely a supernatural event.

Not only does that make no sense at all, you have alluded to the fact that believing in GOD (caps again?) is something more that you want to do or have been indoctrinated to do as opposed to what GOD wants you to do.

Often, most lose ignorance, beliefs, fear, worshiping, blind obedience, dishonesty, delusion, selfishness, etc.

Most lose integrity, respect, thinking skills, morals, ethics, love, honesty, compassion, understanding, reality, etc.

Will do. Thanks. smile

15. Lisa Luv profile image73

You are lost... I am sorry...
    As well the caps are used to honor such beings as GOD, JESUS CHRIST, the HOLIEST OF SPIRITS ect.
    It is to show respect.
    I guess if one does not want to take an earnest time to pray and listen for answers, they will sound like you....So sorry your mind can not or refuses not to understand the miracle concepts.  PEACE

1. Dantex460 profile image60
      Dantex460posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Again.. seek help

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

If one does not seek professional help, they will not understand the mental disorder causing them to hear voices in their head and will continue to attribute the voices to their religious beliefs. This is a well known concept that isn't a miracle. smile

3. Shadesbreath profile image79
      Shadesbreathposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It used to be Christians went out and built schools and hospitals and clean water wells to honor God. They traveled to remote places, braved diseases, starvation and death to honor him. Now you guys can just tap a caps lock key and call it good.

No wonder the ranks of Christianity decline another 10% every decade. Once you get to the Caps Lock stage, the only thing left is to just admit you don't want to put in any effort at all.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

Sigh.

16. Lisa Luv profile image73

Christians still do help others and there are many ways to help as you live as Jesus would.
    I am sorry you can not understand about hearing inner voices which is not the same as hearing voices when you are mentally ill.
    I think this will be the last time I answer to the narrow mindedness that taunts here.
    Once again the effort to press the cap lock is honoring GOD.  I see why you could be irratated with it when you do not respect or believe in HIM yourself.
    Again I sincerely and truly I just feel sorry for you....
    PEACE be with you....

Perhaps, you could offer your knowledge of how to distinguish between the two? Inquiring minds want to know.

Honoring: GOD
      Not honoring: God

Wow, I had no idea GOD/God was so easy to please. And, here all along I thought I was supposed to suspend all disbelief, toss out all logic, reason and rationale and devout myself to obeying and worshiping GOD/God, and then try to do something with a brain I'll never use again.

17. Lisa Luv profile image73

Oh geeze~ I think you need to understand more open minded concepts before I can explain an inner voice compared to some one mentally ill hearing voices.  I do want to explain but I really don't think I am able to without you maybe doing some research/reading first. 
    Let’s see for example have you ever read the book about Sister/Mother Teresa's writings?
    She heard the VOICE of GOD do you think she was insane?  She was and still is undoubtedly a blessing to the world.
    How about Helen Keller’s writings?  Helen was certainly a miracle if you consider her handicaps and than read her writings you might even think like I do “that she had to be directly dropped from Heaven”.
    How about from another angle, did you ever read some of Silvia Brown’s books just to open your mind?
    Ok – how about reading about astral flights?
    I am just saying you can open your mind to many things but not necessarily buy into them.  However reading, being open minded, thinking about (I would myself pray about) would unquestionably give you more understanding of concepts, so it would make explaining to you things a lot easier.

The research is ongoing as can be seen by professionals diagnosing and analyzing those mental disorders so we can understand them better.

Most likely, the reason you won't explain it is because you have no explanation.

And, yet she was involved in scandals that showed she was not really the person everyone thought.

Helen Keller was a radical socialist who supported birth control. Silvia Browne was convicted of fraud and grand theft.

That's all pure baloney. Psuedoscientific claptrap.

In other words, you have absolutely nothing to offer to distinguish those voices in your head. Oh well.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

Helen was not a miracle... She was a disabled person who worked her butt off with the help of her caretakers that also worked THEIR butts off to develop skills to communicate.

Just so you know it's mildly insulting to both disabled people and the people that work with them to have God get the praise when it's us very human individuals who (sometimes quite literally) fall into bed each night exhausted.  God didn't teach two of my children to speak when doctors said they wouldn't.  My CHILDREN did that.  The nurses that were in my home 24 hours a day did that.  The TEAMS of therapists did that.  My ex-husband and current husband (working with their respective children) did that.  I did that.

However if God is going to get all the credit then maybe he can explain to me why he thought it would be peachy to give me two special needs kids in the first place.  So that people could sit around and praise him for all the progress that they made with HIS help?

But hey - now that I know that he's got it under control - HE can take care of my daughter's schooling tomorrow.  I'm going to the spa.  Maybe when I get home HE will have managed to potty train her.

3. twosheds1 profile image59

"She heard the VOICE of GOD do you think she was insane?  She was and still is undoubtedly a blessing to the world."

She SAID she heard the voice of God. How do we know she was telling the truth? Not saying she was lying, necessarily, but perhaps misinterpreting something more mundane (talking to herself, etc.) or simply embellishing the truth. She also wasn't quite the saint she is made out to be.

Since we're all opening our minds, I'll read a Sylvia Brown book if you read Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion for me. Deal? Which SB title do you recommend?

18. Lisa Luv profile image73

P.S. We honor peoples and other names starting with capital letters. I personally have decided in my style of writing to honor GOD and names referring to HIM with all caps to distinguish HIS great almightyness from people and things we automatically capitalize. It is funny~ I do write on many Christian groups, especially on Facebook, and none of my fellow Christians have complained or been bothered by the caps for GOD.  They know the high esteem I am paying HIM when I do so.

1. ro-jo-yo profile image82
      ro-jo-yoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If we want to honor the Father, the Creator should we not use his name, which is Yehowah, and when we want to honor his son the Messiah, who's true Hebrew name is Yehowshuwa,(which means Yehowah's loud cry to freedom) should we not use his true name?
      Whether  you capitalize the words god, him, his, or not  who are you really talking about?

A TROUBLED MAN.

There now, I'M an honored GOD in MY own mind. lol

19. Lisa Luv profile image73

It doesn't matter what you call HIM as long as you honor HIM.
    Some people even call HIM "PAPA"

1. ro-jo-yo profile image82

I think it is very important, because all I know is that HIM or PAPA could mean Satan the Devil
      44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do . He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
      In the above bible verse it states the Devil as a" father"
      It states many time in the bible that the name Yehowah is important.
      Zechariah 13:9 KJV
      And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined , and will try them as gold is tried : they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say , It is my people: and they shall say, Yehowah is my God.

20. Lisa Luv profile image73

Well you call HIM what you need to, as you hear it.  However GOD knows our hearts and can tell the difference who we are referring to.  Again you can't quote the bible out of context and exspect it to be right.  The devil can also quote passages out of context to decieve people.
    I am not going to take the time to battle or swap passages with you.

Does GOD also know the hearts of the children who starve to death every day praying for food from HIM? Perhaps, HE is far too busy talking to people inside their heads to notice.

2. ro-jo-yo profile image82

Where did I quote the bible out of context? As for not having enough time to seek the truth, one is in danger in believing a delusion and a lie.

21. Lisa Luv profile image73

GOD does know all...That is why he is GOD...  HE is the ALFA & OMEGA.
    We do not know why HE allows such suffering because we are humans and not GOD.
    However HE also only knows HIS plans for us.
    I personally don't have all the answers...But I do know prayer does work...
    PURE LOVE,
    Lisa

But if starving children pray for food and they continue to starve how does that display that prayer works?

Sure, we know, HE refuses to feed them because HE spends too much time talking with those who believe HE talks to them.

So, HE creates tens of thousands of children just so HE can watch them starve to death. Interesting plans. What a horrible GOD.

So, it works for you, but not those who are starving. PURE EVIL.

3. Dantex460 profile image60
      Dantex460posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Even if your god was real, I would punch HIM the second I saw HIM for all the misery, suffering and wars HE has caused, nothing good has came from that fairy tale.

22. Jenna Pope profile image59
    Jenna Popeposted 11 years ago

Everyone wants to make a god of his liking. But the reality is that we already have a God.

So your God is the one of reality and others are not?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)