jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)

is god biggest business concept?

1. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

In name of god few groups have earned hell lot of money , created asset world over...do u think god is biggest business concept with no concrete product or service ?

1. ElSeductor profile image59
      ElSeductorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't say that there is no concrete product or service.  There are bibles and plenty of books related to God.  The intangible product is the feeling of comfort people get by believing in God.  That is priceless.

R

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bibles of plenty of books related to God to buy!

Priceless? If I could supply the same feeling of comfort from a pill, would you pay anything for it? Would it be priceless? Jesus said it was impossible to get into heaven for the rich. I guess the Pope and all those tele-vangulists haven't figured that one our yet.

Not to mention that one doesn't have to pay to believe in god. But, if you want to be gullible, go ahead, pay for it.

2. Dustin Staples profile image61
      Dustin Staplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Definitely. We actually brought this up in a Brand management class of mine the other day. Where as Apple sells an IPhone that comes with a culture, God sells a culture that comes with intangibles. A glorious revenue model, from a business perspective.

3. pennyofheaven profile image77
      pennyofheavenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do they make money?

1. profile image0

Does the Pope wear cheap slippers?

1. pennyofheaven profile image77

No idea? I am assuming yes? So how do they make their money? By selling bibles or something? Here the bibles are free. Here Church is free. Donating is a choice.

1. Dustin Staples profile image61
            Dustin Staplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's why it's such a stunning brand. People aren't forced to give, but yes that is how they make money, and that's how some make a living. It's the same way Wikipedia is funded.

I always thought that the donations were for the upkeep of whatever church and for the priests and missionaries? Since preaching is a full time job for some people why wouldn't they use if for that. I wouldn't call it a business though...mmmm. In saying that we have one faith here where there is a lot of rumours going around that the leader lives a lavish lifestyle thanks to the donations they got. They are just rumours and I cannot say whether or not that is true. There are other leaders from different faiths that have jobs. He might have one too.

2. profile image0

The Pope is the wealthiest man alive. Google it.

Cannot find it. Only the top 10 richest men in the world.

1. profile image0

Wow, a lot to read. Will read the rest when time permits.

What I can glean so far, is that they were anchored in the mind of the flesh rather than the spirit. Very greedy and sneaky but most of all dishonest. They obtained wealth any which way they could which included preying upon gullible people. How very sad.

1. profile image0

Preying on the gullible. Exactly what I've been talking about. Catholics are not alone here. Tele-vangelists are no different.

2. Drive By Quipper profile image61
        Drive By Quipperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Is a five pound robin fat? They carry God's money in a leaky bucket, too.

What did Peter and John say when the lame beggar asked them for a handout? That's right, even though they had people dumping tons of money at their feet, they replied, "Money we have none. Stand up and walk."

He did.

I don't get it?

2. recommend1 profile image72
          recommend1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Damn !!! If I had known that lame beggars walking was a miracle I would have converted long ago - here in China as many of the lame and crippled beggars do that every day around 9 in the evening big_smile

2. Drive By Quipper profile image61
    Drive By Quipperposted 5 years ago

Your translation program is letting you down.

3. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

guys i understand in terms of subscribed customers christianity is biggest but just dont focus on one firm...there are others in the business too and Islam is competing well and would end up having highest subscribed customers in near future..

working