Who believes in synchronicity?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (30 posts)
  1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

Synchronicity meaning that things happens spontaneously ...like you are thinking of someone you haven't heard from in ages and then for some reason they call out of the blue or you bump into them at an airport or something or you forgot where you put your keys and then all of a sudden you remember and there they are, right in the place you thought about right that moment.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I really believe it happens. I remember studying Jung in college and it made perfect sense to me that all humans are connected in some way. I'd rather believe that than in some mythical God.

I have definitely had the experience of thinking of something and then seeing it mentioned everywhere.

moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Uninvited Writer for believing and experinencing it happenning to you too. smile I know there are alot of sceptics till they actually experience it for themselves.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is merely the "hit and miss" of statistics. In other words, you may very well have thought of lots of people but never bumped into them, and the one time you do bump into somebody, it's remembered and thought of as some sort of miraculous event while all the other times are forgotten.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

When one is schizophrenic, synchronicity is every minute of every day. It is fantastic if one can handle it.

I am very sure that schizopherenia has nothing whatsoever to do with synchronicity. It's like compairing apples to logs???doesn't match. Sorry. Schizophrenia is a psychological disease where as synchronicity is unexplained happeneings and events.

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you are wrong moneyfairy

Do tell janesix ???what is it that I am wrong about? Schizophrenia and synchronicity are two different things? How is that wrong?

2. moneyfairy profile image60

synchronicity: coincidence of events that seem related but are not obviously caused one by the other.
          schizophrenia: a severe psychiatric disorder with symptoms of emotional instability, detached from reality, withdrawl into self.
          These are the dictionary definitions. Obviously they have 2 very different meanings. So where exactly  am I wrong janesix??? Look forward to your reply.

2. janesix profile image60

Why don't you actually read what knolyourself wrote, moneyfairy. He didn't say they were the SAME THING. It appears you have a reading comprehension problem.

Yes I guess I do because I don't get it??? How is synchroncity an every day event for a schizophrenic? I guess they could be construed as radom events that occur often in the mind of a schizophrenic in that case...thank god for medication for them. smile And yes Knolyourself it is fantastic if one can deal with that.

Thank you knolyourself for explaining below smile You are very wise and patient , much appreciated!!!

3. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Well, Carl Gustav Jung is one of my greatest heroes. How can I not believe?

4. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Carl Jung is one of my fascinations.

5. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

Thank you Write Angled and Reality Bytes smile

6. knolyourself profile image59
  7. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

Another not-so-closeted Jungian reporting in.

Two of my scientist relatives keep calling to tell me about amazing experiences of synchronicity, and I smile about it. Fun to hear people with rigorous scientific training trying to puzzle over a phenomenon that doesn't seem to make logical sense, as it defies the laws of cause and effect.

As a very typical example, I used the internet last month to help a 60-year-old friend find her best friend in middle school.

They haven't been in touch in decades, and both have moved around many times. It turns out they're living less than a mile away on the same street!

That is synchronicity smile if not for you helping her she may have never been able to meet up with her old friend but because they live so close they might have eventually met each other in passing at the supermarket or post office smile Great example though Greekgeek, thank you.

8. Happyboomernurse profile image82
    Happyboomernurseposted 11 years ago

I definitely believe in synchronicity and think the following quote about it is fun to ponder, especially since we're close to Halloween: "Synchronicities are the jokers in nature's pack of cards for they refuse to play by the rules and offer a hint that, in our quest for certainty about the universe, we have ignored some vital clues." F. David Peat, in "Synchronicity: The Bridge Between Matter and Mind."
    Thanks for getting this cool forum started! I'm enjoying the responses.

Thank you Happyboomernurse. The responses are interesting smile
      Love your quote, thanks!

9. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 11 years ago

I certainly do, a fine album. But then the Police are a fine band too.
    Oops, where am I?

10. knolyourself profile image59

Think or say it and it happens, in a specific time synchronization, usually called coincidence. Clairvoyance explains some of it. After that it is
    the external you.

I agree and  understood.

11. knolyourself profile image59

Beyond the probability of even clairvoyance, would be one's spiritual being,
    of which one's material self would be said to be contained.

12. knolyourself profile image59

Synchronicity may happen to one now and then.I was positing the concept that Schizophrenia is the intensification of it such that it is fairly constant. If this happens to one how does one deal with it? My supposition is that it is the best or worse experience one can have.

I think it is the same for those of us with bipolar disorder. for me anyway. I go through periods of constant synchronicity,sometimes for months at a time. Normally a very fascinating and and good experience,although it can be freaky sometimes.

knolyourself: correct you are!!!
      janesix: thanks for sharing sorry about your bipolar disorder.... glad you have some facinating good experiences with synchronicity....sorry they are freaky sometimes for you.

13. knolyourself profile image59

My theory of bi-polar is between schizo and mundane, heaven and earth,
    where heaven so much greater than depressed earth. Get too far down have to jack-up. Get too far up have the crash down. My solution
    there is no difference stay in the middle. However does require a disciplined life-style of simplicity and security, and creative endeavor to channel one's highs.

That's a good theory. Yet I I'm under the impression that synchronicity is just being in the flow of the Universe. Or God. Whatever you like to call it. That's my personal take on it from experience.

Yes knolyourself that seems like a good solution to stay neutral/the middle way,but definitely needs alot of time and discipline .
      janesix: the synchronistic way sounds like it's a bit smoother /easier way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)