jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (64 posts)

I had a dream

1. Jerami profile image74
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

I'm not saying this is true. Just a crazy thought, remenents of a dream.   I know I'm not going to express this correctly!   Cause it is half baked thought. Haven't given much thought to it.
         What if there is a spiritual world.    And in this spiritual world there were ...   lets call them "Misbehaviours" and the physical world was created to send these "Misbehavioures" to, in a similar fashion such as The continent of Australia was first colonized.  The sons of God who had fallen out of the grace of God, or what ever we want ot call the supreme authority of the cosmic reality. What if these criminals ( who God did walk among in the beginning),  are the ones that wrote that which has come to be known holy scripture. Though these holy scripture was inspired by "God" they were tainted by personal perspectives of the origional writers, poor translations from a dead language, translated into an ancient language ...  then interpreted ....  and translated again into our modern language ...  and then "interpreted" into the multitude of misconceptions which are prevelent today.

Here is the question; Because all of the misconceptions can be proven to be false concerning "reality"  Would that prove that the reality which these misconceptions are built upon is not true.
          Just thought I'd ask before I go to bed in a short while.  Hope I have another crazy dream.

1. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Simple, all bets are off. Everything we know and understand would no longer apply. Magic would reign supreme. Delusion would become reality and reality delusion. There would be no way to ever know or distinguish at any given time, the truth.

Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jerami wrote:
        What if there is a spiritual world.   
        A Troubled Man wrote
        Simple, all bets are off. Everything we know and understand would no longer apply. Magic would reign supreme. Delusion would become reality and reality delusion. There would be no way to ever know or distinguish at any given time, the truth.
        =================
        That isn't true!  There could be and probably are areas of reality which lies just outside of our awareness which would have little if any affect in this realm.  And if there were an overlap of sorts, those people that didn't experence it would just say that whoever did experience it were dilusional.

Yet, millions claim such experiences every day, yet not one shred of evidence has been found to support them, no detection of such a realm, nada, nothing.

If that's all we have to go on, then we can probably also conclude there are areas of reality in which unicorn races are held with leprechauns as jockeys.

I have no Idea as to what lies within a reality outside of our understanding.

If YOU say  "unicorn races are held with leprechauns as jockeys" I will not agree  and I won't argue cause ?? I don't know!

Yet, you're perfectly willing to accept a whole lot of other equally ridiculous notions even though you have no idea.

and YOU have no idea of which YOU speak ...  yet you do anyway.

2. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Any thing is possible.

That is not true.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

In your mind perhaps it is.

No, it's a little thing we call reality, which tends to put a damper on "anything" being possible, like you flapping your arms and flying, for example.

3. mythbuster profile image84
      mythbusterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jerami,

I'd love to see your dream examined, extended further - sounds like a cool hub in the making - or a book on alt. reality topics. Are you making more follow up notes on this?

myth~~

I wish I had remembered the details of this dream. Unlike most dreams I didn't remember any of the symbols from which I drew the interpretation. I used to record my dreams in a diary type of way. Have had many in the past which proved to be prophetic for my own personal life. The more I recorded them the more of these I had.
            There are many things that we don't want to know before they happen, especially when we can do nothing to change them; ....

4. Paul K Francis profile image80
      Paul K Francisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There probably exists but a single reality, a reality that we only percieve a small piece of. Much of it may be hidden, not because it is forbidden or off limits in any way, but because of its vastness and depth which may be just a bit beyond the capabilities of our truly fine minds. Imagination is the key, the tool used by scientists and dreamers alike, expanding these minds that we may catch a glimpse. Happy dreaming.

you are probably correct.

2. A Troubled Man profile image61

That's the interesting thing about reality and how it works, due to the fact that reality is not hidden, it is right in front of us.

Imagination plays a small part, it is the evidence, observations and working laws of reality that scientists use as their tools.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

Kind of the direct contrast to the lines of history is written by the victors? Our history is written by the ones condemned to live it.

Sure, it would make sense if  you could first prove that reality began as a penal colony.

I've sat down to respond 4 times and each time company comes over....
      Yes, the winners get to write the truth as it is to be accepted.
      If Germany had won WWII history would be seen in a different light.

I wasn't saying my OP was true or that I believed it to be, but from a spiritual prospective ...  this is as possible of  a scenerio as many other interpretations of the bible.

3. moneyfairy profile image61
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

Jerami you have a very active imagination and in the dream world all things are possible and as for what is reality and what isn't is all within the beholder of that said reality. So anything is possible and no one can tell you what you belive to be real or not as what is real for some is false for others. Just as some realities are different than others. It's all how we percieve things to be and that perseption is what is real for us. Happy dreaming...look forward to your next one smile

Sorry, but there is only one reality, not "some" realities. The perception of reality is over-ridden by reality itself. Reality is not what you wish it to be.

1. moneyfairy profile image61
        moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

George Bernard Shaw says: "You see things and say why? But I dream things and say Why not?"
        Reality is all in ones perseption. There is definitely more than just one reality , just as there is more than one possibility in any given situation.
        But if you only see things in black and white then that will always be your perception where as others see colors and things outside the said "box" of reality.

No, there is the one reality and then there is the reality you make up in your imagination, which is exactly where that reality resides at all times.

That is nonsense. It has nothing to do with black, white or colors and everything to do with making up stuff in your head and believing it has anything to do with reality.

That is your idea of reality but most certainly is not mine. But that is what freedom of choice is. You chose to belive one thing while others believe differently. There is no wrong or right, black or white there just is whatever you believe is. I chose to believe there is more than one reality and you don't so be it. Enjoy your choice and your perception and your opinion, it's all yours not mine smile

Yes, I know, you wish reality was a certain way based on your imagination, but it isn't, no matter who much wishing you do.

You're free to believe in all the nonsense you want, no one is stopping you from doing that.

Yes, I understand that in order for you to escape reality, you must create one.

Sorry, but the one reality is the one we all share, whether you like it or not. The other reality you've created for yourself is merely an illusion based on your imagination.

2. pennyofheaven profile image79

Tell that to the famous inventors when in reality there were no light bulbs, there were no cars, there were no planes. I doubt they would have believed you. It is why their inventions came into existence...yes our reality now.

Baloney. Those things came into existence because of reality, not in contrast to it or someones misinformed opinions about those inventions and the folks who made them possible.

GrandPa once told me "Ya gotta want something first or you ain't ever going to get it ... except for those things that other people dump on Ya like syphlis or crabs or a flat tire on your car.

All the good stuff,  Ya gotta want it first.

It is after we want the imposible stuff that it can soon become our reality

Sounds like GrandPa was pretty confused.

2. moneyfairy profile image61

Penny of Heaven: You are spot on and A Troubled Man is just that, very troubled and closed minded to any other possibility other than his own. If we all felt and thought that way we wouldn't have gotten too far in history or any time for that matter. Thanks for saying what you did!!!
          Jerami: Your GranPa was a wise man!!!

It was precisely those who believed in other realities that caused much of the conflict and wars throughout history. It was those who attempted to suppress and crush scientific thought and still do so today. That is what history reveals.

What are you talking about? You most definitely have a warped sense of reality. Wow!

So, you haven't read anything about history. I'm not surprised.

3. Jerami profile image74

One reality is true for a rabbit that is soon to become supper for the fox. A sad reality for the rabbit, It dies and is eaten.  the reality for the fox is that it lives another day to hunt thus changing the reality for many rabbits and birds.  The reality of the rabbit may be purely perseption different for the fox? 
        Reality and perseption are tied together so tightly that they will never be unraveled.
        Perseption does have the power to change reality to some degree.

Total gibberish, dude. Perception is ALWAYS over-ridden by reality. Reality does not change with ones perception of it, that is complete nonsense.

2. Jerami profile image74

An imagination is a terrible thing to waste.  without it the birds would never want to fly.  What is over the next hill?     What is on that pretty Girls mind ???
      Out imagination gives us many alternatives from which to choose for our future and for understanding our past.
      "in the dream world all things are possible and as for what is reality and what isn't is all within the beholder of that said reality" ....   (me) though we make many of our choices subconciously, these choices are sometimes altered by that which was ONCE not reality. 
      I would think that if the Non-reality does have effects upon reality this would prove that there is a measure of reality within the Non-reality.   They go hand in hand so to speak.

LOL. It has no effects on reality, that is the point.

Jerami,
        You are spot on!!! That an idea or a thought comes before the actual physical reality , it comes from "somewhere else" (thus another reality)first before it comes into the real world ,so to speak. So thus proving more than one reality!!!

Here is a thought that your comment brings to mind.  " WHAT If "
          What if the power of speaking something into existence . such as, when in Genesis, God said let it be and bang there it is! .....   What IF this power were equally distributed (divided) among each and every individual on earth. Each of us having this mustard seed of faith (power) to use in our own individual lives; and then again colectively when popular opinion dictates, when majority rules,  that particular perspective wins, we are all subject to follow in the shadow of that reality which is mandated by the majority until someone breaks out of that box AND shines a light so bright that no one can deny that we were ALL wrong, all the while... and reality (or our perspective of it), MUST change.   
               And when progress has been complete ....   we will find ourselves where we started.   Full circle .

I da

admit it,  that was rambling on ...

Jerami,
            That's why we have freedom of choice and we decide what our reality is.  I love thinking outside the box. I am definitely not a conformist. smile

I'm in the process of conforming to the nonconformist point of view

smile Great!!! It's a freeing process enjoy it as you allow it to come to a fore.

My intentions are to remain in the state of becoming,  ???
                  ATM,,   reality continues to change as those things within it changes.
                  I think There are basic fundimentals of reality that doesn't change ....  however we have just begun to discover a few things about some of those basic fundamentals.

i believe that nothing is as it apears to be.

You are correct when you say nothing is as it seems. keep delving deeper into what is real for you and what is not!!! Your on your way!!

But, that so-called reality remains entirely inside your head. 

One need not feel forced to conform to reality, it's actually very easy. smile

That's called, "Wishful Thinking" and has never been shown to work or reveal any other realities.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

What if this world and everything in it is a beautiful dream of God's? What if he dreamed/dreams of giving all these souls ( bubbles of His own being) wonderful human bodies/brains/minds to operate! What if we ourselves are extensions/evidence of His glorious dream and we are all His glorious creations and each and every one of us is loved as His own.
    To understand Life in this context puts other things in proper perspective:
    For instance: What if if same sex marriage ruins God's dream and true path for mankind!? What if our acceptance and encouragement of same sex marriage destroys America... And HURTS our CHILDREN? Children which are
    creations of GOD'S!

We need boundaries to promote the beauty of God's dream.
    I believe in the  w o n d e r f u l n e s s   of God's dream.

(Sorry if this seems harsh in todays's climate, but consider it tough love.)

Earth calling Kathryn... come in Kathryn...

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
        Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

NO! Not without Heaven.
        If God in Heaven said, "My Kingdom will come as My will is done
        on earth as it is in Heaven," would you do it (His will)?
        And then would Life be the beautiful dream it could be?
        I really don't know.
        I guess it's the dreamer in me to hope so.

Thank you Katherine for revealing more than one possibility of reality. It most definitely is in the eye of the beholder. By ATroubled Man saying that there is only one reality it's like saying there is only one religion or one flavor of ice cream, it must be a sad world for him to only think there is just one perception of reality, one possibility of existense. Oh well thank goodness we have free will and freedom of choice to believe whatever we believe. I to am a dreamer and see multiple possibilites of reality. Life would be so very boring otherwise. smile

Notice that the believer admits being bored of life without the requirement of dreaming up other possibilities in order to escape reality.

How sad it is to see people waste the incredible reality we have on fantasies.

It is very sad that you just live in a square little box of your reality with no other possibilites of other realities. We are the choice makers of our choices, the seer of our scenery and it's as if you are seeing only black and white and putting your blinders on to any other possibilities. It's like a little child closing his ears with his hands and not listening to any other thought besides his own. But it's your freedom of choice not to expand your consciousness to see other perceptions. And my reality by the way is not a fantasy but rather what I believe is real or not. So you can say over and over that your reality is the only reality but I will never believe that thought as I know it is not my truth but rather your's.

That's not true, I can imagine any number of realities, but that doesn't make any of them real.

Nonsense, I am open to every possibility, if you or anyone else can show it. You can't.

No, it's like a little child pretending in invisible friends.

What other perceptions? Can you show me the realities you've created inside your head?

But, you believe in things that aren't there. That is called a fantasy.

You simply will not accept reality. Yeah, I get that.

You don't get anything as you have closed yourself to any possibility. So it is impossible to show someone anything they don't want to see . Anything you don't understand you label as fantasy. Plus I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else, you believe what you believe and I beleive what I believe, That will never ever change. Enjoy the choices and life you have chosen for yourself and I'll enjoy mine. I can't argue with  close minded ignorance nor do I have to anymore. I wish you all the best in your beliefs and choices . Lets just say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Again, so you can read it one more time so that it sinks in, I am open to all possibilities, but there has to be something tangible to be open, not some nonsensical gibberish.

No, we want to see what it is you want to show us. Can you show us anything?

No, anything you make up in your imagination is fantasy.

Yes, I understand you're very serious about your right to believe in fantasies, I have no problem with that.

5. Jerami profile image74
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

A Troubled Man,  You remind me of a neighbor I once had.   
    Is your name Robert?
    He once put up a bllilboard just so he could complane about it.                 
    When he was alone, he argued with himself.
    He was always right and he proved he was always wrong. ...  Just kidding ...   no I'm not! ...   Yes I am! ... No I'm not!

Funny how you believers assume the silliest things while floundering around inside your fantasies.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
        Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yay for freedom of speech!

I'm not quite sure how believing in fantasies under the influence of indoctrination has anything to do with freedom of speech. Are folks proud to exercise their right of speech telling everyone the childish things they believe and how little they know about the world around them?

sometimes believers and nonbelievers believe the same things. Where we draw the lines that separate us is up to us.

The line is already drawn, and it is the line of holding indoctrinated beliefs that separate us.

You have drawn a line in Your Own Mind which you see as that line that separates us.
            Some people believe that line is drawn concerning sexual preference.
            For some it lies upon economics, and some upon color and nationality. 
            sometimes the line that separates us is lives on the wrong side of the railroad tracks.

You, like many others, believe that the line which you have drawn is the ONLY ONE of importance.
            Unfortunately, we all carry a crayon in our pocket.  When everyone draws their line ... the picture becomes undistinguishable for everyone.

Nonsense, reality has drawn that line.

Notice that all of your examples are based on reality?

No, I don't carry crayons in my pocket to draw lines. You completely miss the point that reality draws that line for us both. You simply refuse to accept reality.

1. Soul Man Boogie profile image60
                Soul Man Boogieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Reality Line Do Not Cross
                http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2434/3649700619_7350b5d230_z.jpg

Jerami wrote:
                You have drawn a line in Your Own Mind which you see as that line that separates us.
                = - = -
                A Troubled Manposted ....Nonsense, reality has drawn that line.
                = - = -
                me ...    are you saying that you do not know where that line.  That in your own mind you have not determined where it is?   That is what I;m talking about.  I doubt that any one else in the world sees that line exactly as you see it.
                =================
                  Me ...      Some people believe that line is drawn concerning sexual preference.
                For some it lies upon economics, and some upon color and nationality. 
                sometimes the line that separates us is lives on the wrong side of the railroad tracks.
                = - =
                A Troubled Manposted   ....  Notice that all of your examples are based on reality?
                = - = -
                me ...   And what does this have to do with that which you were responding to ...  gibberish.
                You, like many others, believe that the line which you have drawn is the ONLY ONE of importance.
                Unfortunately, we all carry a crayon in our pocket.  When everyone draws their line ... the picture becomes undistinguishable for everyone.
                = - = - =-
                A Troubled Manposted    ...  No, I don't carry crayons in my pocket to draw lines. You completely miss the point that reality draws that line for us both. You simply refuse to accept reality.
                = - = -
                me ...   I do refuse to accept your perception of reality. Your perception "MAY" be as equally true as mine. But yours does not float in my world as I see it, as my does not float in yours.
                So we have something in common.

working