Do you see the Holy Ghost of Elvis Presley in this photo? (and if you do - what

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (63 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 10 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8012614_f248.jpg
    I see Elvis in all his glory dressed in white Heavenly robes.
    Photograph taken at Graceland Mansion a couple of years ago -
    near his horses grazing in the background.  When this photo
    was developed from a disposable camera - I immediately saw
    Elvis or the Ghost of Elvis Presley.
    I really didn't know how to take this finding - what did it mean?
    Some have said they did not see Elvis but only a sunlight haze in
    that place.  Others just looked and said nothing and handed the
    photo back to me.   Mostly the gist is that - yes - Elvis is at Graceland -
    his Spirit lives - see!  There are hundreds maybe more of Elvis Impersonators
    and Tribute Entertainers throughout the world - HE is with us - and
    we won't let go.  Thank God for Big Favors.

1. Marian Designs profile image83
      Marian Designsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry. Don't see him. Marian

2. Kevin Peter profile image60
      Kevin Peterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I too don't see such a thing in the photo. It's simply the rays of light.

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but I've seen similar photos........"doves" over a pulpit that were actually just some kind of glare from the camera or from lights in the church,  etc..........
      And while I'm not saying it couldn't be real,  I'm more inclined to think your photo is just that---a glare.

By the way,  why does your title say "the Holy Ghost of Elvis Presley"?
      I think that's a bit of a stretch!  LOL.  And seriously even worse......
      And although he may very well be in heaven (I hope he is!),  and might therefore be "holy" via having been accepted into heaven because of CHRIST's Holiness,   I think.......Elvis himself would've been the first to tell you to not refer to him as holy, as though he were some kind of god or something.    I think he would've told you that God is the only One who's Holy.    Just like he told fans at this concert who called him "King" that Jesus is the only real King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aZO85MVsPI

By the way again,  there's a term "Love covereth a multitude of sins".   It's from the Holy Bible.   And ultimately I believe that refers to Jesus, whose Love which allowed Him to die for mankind's sins certainly does cover a multitude of sins!

1. profile image0
        Deb Welchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

She said his flowing robes covered a multitude of sins not LOVE as in an A Line dress covers large hips.  I am personally at the end of this Forum - I offered a photo for discussion and now I am sorry I did that.  It seems it is a joke that I see Elvis in the light haze on an outdoor photo taken on Graceland Mansion grounds - if you cannot see him - all well and good.  I see Him - maybe in his jumpsuit with the cape over his back appearing as a robe.  I am not preaching the Holy Bible - I am only an ordinary person and not involved in the ministry.  I gave my own thoughts of what I see Elvis as and was - a Holy Man living in the fast world of Super Stardom of the 50's - 70's.  He was a great contribution to the world and to Christian Gospel whether you loved him or not - accepted him or not - we still have Him with us 36 years later and onward.  If he was Jesus Christ in the flesh - there is a life-size statue of Jesus Christ in the his backyard that says PRESLEY with his arms outstretched.  That would be a stretch to say that but some people believe that could be a possibility.  I don't know if Elvis would want to hear that he was holy or not but I do not believe he would not want to hear the opposite said about him either.  Thanks for offering your view.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Elvis was just a man, a talented man,  who was as flawed as the rest of us and died due to overuse of drugs.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

While it's clear you are enamored with Elvis, as many are, one must remember to acknowledge his private life as well as his stage persona and take everything into consideration. Holy men do not usually behave as he did.

1. profile image0

This could be most definately very true but yet again how bad was he anyway?  How does a super-star rock-n-roll idol supposed to act even if he was holy?  As it is written, Jesus Christ was the Apostle of all Apostles.
            Maybe it was more of an act in many ways that Elvis lived sometimes wild fun with motorcycles, a pet monkey Scatter,and a few girlfriends.  He made all PG movies, was a great father and devoted husband, he kept to himself with a group of men who took care of his needs . How bad was he?  A Gospel singer, a legendary performer - where people from all over the world came to see him, a Vegas act that gave us a fantastic theme song, he had a black belt in Karate and yes, he was very materialistic.  Naughty.

1. profile image0
              Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A devoted husband? A black Belt? I loved Elvis as well and loved all his movies. If there is such a thing as a male crush I had one for Elvis, he was simply beautiful to look at and listen to, but lets not make a God out of him. He was a pill popper who died on the crapper. Move on.

1. profile image0

Yes - I agree - let's move on.  Elvis died with 40 lbs. of feces blocked in his colon.  One may close or delete a Question but with Forum issues you are stuck.  This is going on and on - with no direction.  Everyone has their own ideas - sorry mine do not agree with yours.

Yes, it is obvious you either know very little of his private life or refuse to acknowledge it.

"Twice during the year  he overdosed on barbiturates, spending three days in a coma in his hotel suite after the first incident. Toward the end of 1973, he was hospitalized, semi-comatose from the effects of Demerol addiction. According to his main physician, Dr. George C. Nichopoulos, Presley "felt that by getting [drugs] from a doctor, he wasn't the common everyday junkie getting something off the street."

"Guitarist John Wilkinson recalled, "He was all gut. He was slurring. He was so fucked up. ... It was obvious he was drugged. It was obvious there was something terribly wrong with his body. It was so bad the words to the songs were barely intelligible. ... I remember crying."

Do we need to be reminded he fell for a 14 year old girl, kept her while having multiple affairs with other women? He eventually had another girl move in with him before he filed for divorce with Priscilla.

FAR from holy.

1. profile image0

It's not like he was John Lennon!

2. profile image0
                Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Im  confused... I was not aware you held "holy" in any esteem.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

*sigh*

Allow me to explain yet again. Hopefully, you'll get it this time.

No, I don't give any esteem to the word 'holy' when it's brandished on a person.

You see, it's like talking to little children who hold beliefs in Santa Claus, for example, you can talk about Rudolf and his red nose, going down chimneys to deliver toys across the planet and so forth... all the while knowing you are talking to little children who hold childish beliefs.

Does that help your confusion? smile

1. profile image0

When a post starts out with that much condescension, I really don't feel the need to read past the first sentence...

4. profile image0

Most likely a double exposure. You take a picture of something behind glass and the take another, but if the film doesn't wind you expose the same piece of film to another image so you end up getting a statue of Christ in a cloud or some such thing.

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

I see a lens flare illuminating the imperfections of the glass inside the camera.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 10 years ago

I have to ask, if that were a picture of a garden in London, would you still see Elvis in it?  Because I see some fog, steam, smoke or light reflection on a dirty lens.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 10 years ago

I only see sun glare and reflections as if taken through a window. Sorry to say,  I tried to see an image but cannot.

1. profile image0

It was taken by me outside on the grounds at Graceland Mansion where
      his horses are in the background.  No window.

5. pearlmacb profile image69
    pearlmacbposted 10 years ago

The sun glare of the lens stretches across the whole photo. Thats all I see, sorry I don`t see Elvis.

6. ComfortB profile image85
    ComfortBposted 10 years ago

Could a dog on the grounds have sniffed or licked the lens of the camera prior? That could also have that effect.

1. profile image0

Dogs are not allowed on the grounds - yuk - yuk!

7. sleepylog profile image60
    sleepylogposted 10 years ago

I see a photo that was taken from behind a glass window onto which an Elvis statue or poster that was in the room is reflecting, it could also be a double exposure.

1. profile image0

No poster or statue and not behind a window.  I was outside.  Sorry.

1. profile image0

No double exposure from a disposable camera.  I see him in the light.  Maybe it only for certain eyes to view.

Yes... only "special" people. Why would Elvis be wearing a flowing robe?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
            MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Elvis put on quite a bit of weight there at the end and flowing robes hide a multitude of sins.

1. profile image0

I agree a robe could hide fat - rolls of fat and blubber - does that in itself constitute sin?  What were his multitude of sins?  I never knew him personally - never met him and never had seen him in concert..  I have read about him,I listen to him sing so sweetly from rock-n-roll,country,gospel,easy listening and ballad love songs, I have read many books about his life, magazine articles, I visit his website www.elvis.com  and love it and have seen practically all of his movies plus many Elvis videos.  Maybe the abundance of weight at the end of his life was the work of others around him daily that caused stress,pill popping,and bad health issues.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
                MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's a figure of speech...

It's used to describe clothing that hides physical imperfections.

For example, you hear about A-line dresses hiding a multitude of sins (heavy thighs, thick hips etc.) that kind of thing.

1. profile image0

Sorry - I took that the wrong way,I never heard of it before.  Actually it could mean the opposite too (the lack of sin).  The King is Special to me and to multitudes of others throughout the Planet Earth and maybe further than that.

2. profile image0

Uninvited Writer - Right back at ya - Why wouldn't he be wearing flowing robes?

8. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Did you enjoy Graceland Marian? I live in Nashville, but Ive never been. You sound like you're a huge fan. smile

9. profile image0

oops, I meant Deb not Marian, sorry.

1. profile image0

Yes - I am a devoted love of Elvis Presley since 10 yrs old.  I went to Graceland Mansion on a Greyhound Bus from Nashville - 2011 by myself.
      I took the VIP Tour and saw everything.  I was thrilled that they were allowing his horses to be on the grounds while tours are on-going and made sure I took a photo of them.  I saw the image of Elvis right away - his hair - a robe with flowing sleeves after developing the camera.  This photo is a treasure to me - it is too bad no one yet can see him in that ray of lightl.

10. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 10 years ago

That's not Elvis, that's the Ghost of Christmas Present.

lol

11. profile image0

Oh my goodness... why is every one picking on her? She just shared a photo that obviously means a lot to her, why not just read and move on?

1. profile image0

Eh........me personally....I wasn't trying to "pick" on anybody.
      But when someone calls someone other than the Holy Ghost the "Holy Ghost" (in caps, no less),  it lends itself to explanation.   And I'd say that posting this thread, like any thread, was an invitation to some feedback from people, wouldn't you say?

1. profile image0

Not every post is an invitation to debate. I think God forgives a whole lot more than we forgive others.
        This verse reminds me of that.

"How can you think of saying, 'Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye." Lk 6:42

1. profile image0

I was serious when I said I think Elvis himself would be displeased at his spirit being called the "Holy Ghost".   Evidence from his own words bears that out as truth.    He had a highly Spiritual background and loved Gospel music.   I think he struggled with right and wrong like everyone else does,  and that his fame was a huge temptation that eventually stood in his way of fully using his great talent for the Lord's glory.   But very understandable.   I really admired Elvis too.  But we're all human.  It's an exhortation, not a condemnation of the thread-maker here.  So your quote is misdirected.   I believe Elvis loved the Lord!  Amen to it.      His (Elvis's) words remind me of a Scripture verse too.   "Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

1. profile image0

We're not all spiritually at the same place at the same time.

1. profile image0

Agreed.
              And how do we grow spiritually or Spiritually?
              By learning the facts.  By being exhorted to truth.  By being given examples like the video of Elvis saying he considered Jesus the King.  By comparing with the Word of God the things that are in question.
              If not now, then when would be the time to do so?   Now was the time, just like "today" is the day of salvation.   It's best not to wait.

1. profile image0

I wont argue with you Brenda. Just a gentle reminder that compassion is as loving as any lesson you can teach. Peace. smile

1. profile image0

Truth is the most compassionate of all.
                  I wish you peace also.  smile

12. profile image0

This is love.

1 Corinthians 13
    1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1. profile image0

Again,  telling someone the truth is a part of Love.
      I think you're confusing that with ignoring the truth.
      Do you have any idea how many false religions and cults and hero-worshipping clubs have been formed and grew simply because people weren't informed of the truth?    Any idea why Darwin is now the "god of science" to so many people when in fact he himself never said (that I can find) that his theory was solid science?    People follow something or someone because they don't take the time to find out the truth for themselves, or else they're not exposed to the truth by someone else because that person doesn't care enough to take the time to tell them the truth from the onset, leaving them to go for years and years following a misconception.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Like Christianity, one of the most dangerous cults ever conceived, all due to ignorance of the truth.

Those are lies, Brenda, that's why you can't find them anywhere.

That would explain your faith in Christianity.

So, the Forum Police demand we move on, yet they felt compelled to evangelize before moving on themselves. The hypocrisy is quite thick this morning. lol

1. profile image0

You're fun.

13. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago
    1. profile image0

Is that in honor of his blue velvet shoes?
      Why do you get to write in special ink?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Perfect smile

14. profile image50
    Lie Detectorposted 10 years ago

Not seeing Elvis.

15. profile image0

I choose not to follow along anymore.

16. profile image0

17. profile image0

18. profile image0

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)