jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Why are some religious people threatened by those who present a

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8088387_f248.jpg
    belief/ideology that is different from theirs?  No one faith, religion, doctrine, and/or dogma has any preeminence over another?  In other words, there is NO ONE TRUE religion/faith. All roads lead to God, the Universal Force, Higher Self, or Higher Consciousness.

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
      Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Because, clearly, an ancient collection of mistranslated, heavily edited, bureaucratically-selected fairy tales is the only reliable source.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oooooouch, so on target and succinct!  Some people just DON'T get it at all!  They are metaphorically asleep.  When will THEY AWAKEN to the TRUTH of the matter!

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's the problem. You think there is a truth that can be known. As do they. This thread appears to be evidence that you are offended by an ideology different from your own. Are you so different? Are any of us?

2. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Totally untrue. Very few roads lead to God. the widest road leads straight back to this sh@thole and Satan, the lord of this world.

1. A Troubled Man profile image61
        A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you're referring to the planet Earth, I couldn't be more excited, bewildered, awestruck and completely blown away by everything on this planet, and all the things I've yet to see. It is wonder and a marvel to observe. It literally is paradise if one could find any relative reference to such a place.

It's mind boggling how you believers can describe Earth using such terms. There must be some correlation between how indoctrinated a believer is compared to their hatred of reality. smile

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago

Christians aren't "threatened" or "afraid" of other beliefs, not for themselves personally.    Although we do sometimes have to watch where and when and how long and which people we spend time or communication with, in order to avoid temptation.
    They (we) are afraid for the souls of others.   Including those of people we're close to who are subjected to false and spiritually-fatal doctrines.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see, not threatened. Just feel your religion is the true one and feel patronizing to those who choose to believe differently.

1. bBerean profile image60
        bBereanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you not pursue, support and defend the ideology you hold to be true?  Do we only see love and tolerance of all views from you?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for making it personal.

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ummm, if that is true then weren't you making it personal for Brenda?

2. profile image0
      riddle666posted 4 years ago in reply to this

When I speak of stuff I have no idea about but believe what the ancient books wrote, I'm always right.
      You are not concerned about others souls but only validity in numbers, the more people believe this the more correct I am.

3. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Souls have never been shown to exist, hence your fear is just a delusion.

working