The bible threat

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (752 posts)
  1. Cgenaea profile image61
    Cgenaeaposted 10 years ago

With all the conversation about the bible as God's word; I am really baffled. Please help me to understand how one may possibly come to the conclusion that the bible threatens when they do not believe in God; or have no "evidence" of his existence?
    I am not afraid that I should lock my door because Freddy's coming for me (anymore smile ); and I am not mad at Wes for "telling" me I should be.
    So, if God is not real in your mind/heart/brain/book-knowledge, how may the bible be viewed as threatening? And why spend ANY time in discussion about God?

(I will start a Fear of Freddy forum soon to see what kind of responses emerge.)

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Although it is a bit of sloppy thinking, it is easy to see that the followers and believers in the bible are indeed a threat to any lifestyle not their own.  Far too many absolutely insist that their holy book must apply to everyone, that everyone MUST follow the personal interpretations of the believer.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
        DoubleScorpionposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1000

If the bible wasn't attempted at being used to direct a "non-believers" life, then of course it wouldn't be a threat...However...that is not the case so much...

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I believe you're going to have to give some of those 0's back mister... you've abused your daily allowance.

LOL...I don't use them often so I have a back stash of them for just this type of occasion

1. profile image0

Hoarder. Now there's none left for the rest of us... from now on we'll all be making +p's and no one will know why.

Yes, he is, and I've got the rest of them locked away in the basement. 

You don't need any anyway as you would just put them on the wrong post - one that needs minus signs or something. smile

1. profile image0

hahaha. I don't like the +1 anyway... I need a 'thumbs up' or something... Ive done that in real life so it rings true. Never has anyone said something I fully agreed with to which I responded, "Plus ONE, my friend! PLUS ONE!" lol... It just feels weird. Let's ask Matt to give us a "like" button like on FB. Maybe epsonok0 will start us off.

1. bBerean profile image60
                    bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

b wink d

2. DoubleScorpion profile image77

I share...One must only fill out the proper request form and route it through the proper channels for them to be release for use by the requester.

1. profile image0

Im shaking things up around here... no more +1's! From now on Im just going to clap... no one else will know, but my positive energy will be floating all around this forum like fairy dust in Neverland!

All that positive energy will attract more meteors (they are negatively charged from the solar wind and the Saturnians), inevitably resulting in another dinosaur killer sized one.

Beth37, responsible for genocide of the human race.  And all other life on earth to boot.  Will that be your legacy?

2. Cgenaea profile image61
          Cgenaeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ok, using this line of reason (or was that thought?) Wes could come up with a Freddy Facts Manual to ensure that Freddy does NOT come for you, and we would get tons of feedback??? Could THAT be used to direct one's life?

If one was to use the "Freddy" movies to attempt to create laws that ruled mankind....well...you could figure it out I am sure...Right??

Why do I feel I need to say, "right"? Imaginary characters don't get "law" books... smile get it?

1. JMcFarland profile image66
                JMcFarlandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Do you believe in Allah?  He has a law book that millions of people follow.  It would seem your point is invalid.

From what I understand, Allah is the same God understood a different way. The people of Ishmael, the son of Abraham. My good took care of Ishmael and made his people a great nation as promised.

Then you understood Muslim (and Biblical) theology incorrectly.  The god of the Bible and the god of the Koran are NOT the same god, and since your claim was that imaginary figures do not get law books, you don't believe that Allah is real (and therefore imaginary) your claim is unfounded and incorrect.

If the Bible is to be believed, god did promise Hagar's son that he would make a great nation.  Not that he would eventually propagate another religion with contradicting claims and beliefs and an entirely different deity altogether.  While Muslims respect Jesus as a prophet, they believe that he was not the son of god, that he did not actually die on the cross, and that the message was lost in translation.

2. getitrite profile image72
                getitriteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes they do.  And the imaginary character's law book is "interpreted" in such a way as to hate everything that the corrupt leadership hates....which is usually women, homosexuals, foreigners, people who want to copulate without stifling restrictions, and anyone who doesn't accept their man-made, imaginary God's laws.  Can you explain why that is?

Well, Sir that is purely a matter of perspective.  For me, God hates no one; but sin. He gets to make the rules of what that is. And anyone gets to decide to take it or leave it. But it seems that the "leavers" are never at peace with their decision.  wink just kidding... a little.

No, He doesn't hate anyone.  He just sends billions to Hell because He loves them so much.

2. profile image0
        MysticMoonlightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ah, wilderness, you have such a way with words...well said and so true! Wish there was a *Like* button!

2. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 10 years agoin reply to this

HI there
      You bring up a very good point actually. If someone does not believe in the things God does or have that love for God in their hearts then why do they feel they have to pick apart the bible. If one does not believe then they do not have to worry about the bible.

I will say this though,for those that do believe in the bible,  there are still the ones that pick out certain parts and have no clue about other parts.
      Thank you
      Laurie

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/118101#post2491199

The answer is actually pretty straight forward.

True, the church has broken into different sects based on that fact.

3. Frank Menchise profile image56
      Frank Menchiseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The Bible does not threaten anybody, but there are a few things that don't add up, so there are doubts about the Bible being the word of God? We have already written a few hubs about this subject, feel free to check them out.
      May God bless you?

For sure I have had many conversations concerning biblical validity.  No, not everyone feels it to be the word of God. Many reasons are given.

4. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Any book sitting on a shelf poses no threat at all. It's when a person picks it up, reads it and starts to put into action the words written there. If the words written there are threatening, then that person is reiterating a threat, hence they become the threat. It doesn't matter whether or not people believe the entities within the book are real, it is the uttered threats that matter.

This is simple to understand.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's interesting that you say it that way, ATM.  In the movie, The Book of Eli, Gary Oldman's character is on a quest to find a bible - and a character asks him why this book is so important.  After all, it's just a book.  The response?  "It's not 'just a book;' it's a WEAPON!"

Powerful statement.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Interesting, indeed, Mo. I think I'll get around to watching that movie now.

It's kinda like an assault weapon, it can sit on the shelf and not cause a bit of harm to anyone, until it gets picked up and used.

1. profile image0

It's a fantastic movie.  It's got a good deal of spiritual content, though, which may be what steered you away from it the first time around.  BUT, it's worth watching, if, for no other reason, because Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman are brilliant together.  smile

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Well, I wasn't really steered away from it, I just didn't know anything about it. However, I'll make an attempt to watch it and get back to you. Thanks for the recommendation. smile

1. profile image0

Sure.  smile 

I have to admit that I LOVE Denzel as a badass, which he is in this film.  Badass, not bad guy - to this day, I refuse to watch Training Day because I don't want to see him play a bad guy.

Then, you really don't want to see Safe House or American Gangster. smile

1. profile image0

I have seen American Gangster...and I liked it.  Safe House, I sorta half watched - was doing other things while my husband was watching it.  So, I guess it's fair to say that I have enjoyed him in a bad guy role.  Didn't think about that.  But I still have some weird aversion to Training Day.  Maybe it's simple irritation at the fact that it's the only role for which he's ever won a Best Actor Oscar, and there are so many others that he should have won.  Or, it's just completely irrational.  I could go for that too. LOL

2. profile image0

Oh, and I'm right there with ya on the analogy to an assault weapon.  It's so sad to realize what we're capable of bastardizing for our own benefit.  I have never, to my knowledge, assaulted anyone with Scripture, and I absolute abhor watching other people do it.  IF you see the Bible as nothing more than a weapon, and are constantly hell bent on defending it as such, then you're missing the whole point of it.  That is, of course, people in general that I'm addressing, not "you" personally.

smile

I see the Bible as a book written by men showing a snapshot of how people behaved and what they believed centuries ago.

Even Richard Dawkins views the Bible as a book of beautiful literature with many interesting things to say.

The key element is what people do with the book, do they read it and find beautiful literature or do they use it as a weapon?

The book, "Mein Kampf", written by Hitler is a book with a lot of interesting things, but also shows what he thought and believed himself, many ugly and horrific things, yet we don't see people using it as a weapon in the same way we see the Bible used. Curious, isn't it?

1. profile image0

I see it much the same way.  Of course, as a believer, I see great spiritual value in it, but do NOT deny that it is often misused to abuse those who do not, which, unfortunately, is done by people who claim it as their spiritual authority.

As to Mein Kampf, I agree. 

smile

Unfortunately, Mo, I have yet to hear any explanation regarding that term, hence for me it is somewhat meaningless.

1. profile image0

I can understand that. 

For me, it's spirit-the essence of my being.  My soul, psyche, my center.  I find value in scripture for maintaining my spiritual health. 

Without an acceptable definition of spirit being agreed upon, perhaps I should have said that there is value in it (for me) as regards maintaining my psychological well being. 

smile

...sharper than any two-edged sword that... judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
              It judges... hmmm I said that! smile
              The bible is not simply used as a weapon; it actually is. Some people are blinded by the light of it. Some prefer the lie (now that is much easier on the "eyes"). Some people are offended by scripture;  no mistake about why. It judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  That can be really painful sometimes.  But to actually know truth is freeing.  Yes. That is scriptural.

A book is not really a weapon, technically, it is actually the person who wields it who becomes the weapon, much like an assault rifle. And as we all know, weapons being used on others is very dangerous and causes a lot of damage.

Double-edged sword.  It often cuts both ways. wink the person speaking the truth is not at fault unless adding or subtracting. Unlike an assault rifle in that it cuts billions with one word (I mean shot).

LOL. You don't offer any truths, so that would negate your so-called double edge sword.

2. profile image0

Not all people are comforted by truth;  all are freed by it.  I can agree to that.  And I thank God every day for the freedom I have in my life.

5. wba108@yahoo.com profile image76
      wba108@yahoo.composted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it because it brings conviction and truth to areas of darkness in people’s lives. The last thing darkness wants is for the light to expose it. If you’ve got sin in your heart and don’t want to change, the Bible can be a real nuisance. The Bible says it all- “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Heb4:12

We've got a confirmation people! smile
        This post reiterates several.  Tell me poster, have you been peeking???

6. profile image0
      mbuggiehposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is written... ye shall KNOW the truth and it will MAKE you free.
        It is also written,  all who cry Lord, Lord are not His. Some will say, didn't we do all manner of things in your name? And he will say back, Depart from me ye workers of iniquity,  I know you not.
        Jesus showed us how to do "in the name of God"

Guess it lied again, huh?

Neither you nor anyone else knows the truth of the very basis of the religion: does your God even exist.  You are NOT free of ignorance there and will not be this side of the grave.  Or is that  how you interpret this saying - by assuming God is there and you will know when dead?

How long since you attacked a temple, throwing people you didn't like outside?

It never lied in the first place. 
            You WILL come to know TRUTH once you ask in faith. It is written: The dead in Christ shall rise...
            Uh... haven't attacked a temple in a while. wink

There seems to be a bit of confusion on the matter but I just found this quote..  In 1076, Pope Gregory VII wrote this to a Muslim leader: “We believe in and confess one God, admittedly, in a different way…”
    What'cha think?

3. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 10 years ago

If you're able to focus your mind effectively and consistently, there's no need for fairy dust. That stuff is strictly for neophytes.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

Some people's thoughts are based on the logic of mathematics, Miss C. In mathematics, negatives always cancel out positives.  Some Atheists are very left brained.

I see wink

That is a myth. Those who are strong in mathematics actually employ both the right and left side of the brain working together.

5. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 10 years ago

The problem is not the Bible as a literary or historical or even religious text.

The problem---the source of fear and concern for some of us is what people do with the Bible; how they wield it as a weapon and how they use it to justify bigotry, discrimination, violence.

6. Cgenaea profile image61

The spirit.  The soul. The psyche. The center. Essence smile  For they that deny they have either (that don't include blood cells; or may be seen on video); no explanation exists.  We may "define" til the cows come home.
    It's for the ones who choose His way.

7. BernieLaFontaine profile image68
    BernieLaFontaineposted 10 years ago

People who have something to hide think the bible is a threat.  There are those who use His words against others are the ones that say they he does not exist.  If you'e in doubt, ask Him.  Him as in the Man above.  He will answer.

Niiice smile Fear of exposure for sure may be a catalyst.  Judgmental is how I'm viewed because I quote many scriptures to respond to posts. My entire thought process here is biblical. Few realize that it is the word that judges. Not me. I am "guilty" also.  I say that too. But I guess the bible overshadows and the "blame" shifts.

1. BernieLaFontaine profile image68
        BernieLaFontaineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. People twist things too get what they want. Not the Word if God. :-)

I do not agree to that. People twist everything,  even scripture.  It is an art perfected by those who prefer to place their lamps underneath bushels; and those who wish to dismiss them altogether.  Thanks for helping.  It is important to properly use scripture.

1. BernieLaFontaine profile image68
            BernieLaFontaineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Explain, please.

What would you like explained?

8. secularist10 profile image61
    secularist10posted 10 years ago

"Please help me to understand how one may possibly come to the conclusion that the bible threatens..."

The Bible is not a threat to anybody, of course. That's why no responsible person ever calls for the Bible to be banned or burned (or any other holy text, for that matter).

Instead, responsible atheists, agnostics and other nonbelievers seek to increase knowledge, rational thinking and general skepticism. If anything, they would encourage people to read the Bible, since they know that doing so is more likely to lead to non-belief than otherwise:

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."--Isaac Asimov

Moreover, it has been found that atheists and nonbelievers are more knowledgeable about the Bible than Christians. That should tell you something. It's not the Bible that is a threat, it's (many of) the people that take it so seriously.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians."--Gandhi.

Just so you, it is important to note that the study of scripture with the wrong intent is futile.  When the knowledgable study the book, they miss the part about it being foolishness to the wise and those who are perishing.  It is in there. Those words are scary if you misinterpret the scripture.  You easily misinterpret when the spirit of God is not near. You get suspicious.  Then you search in another book and misinterpret that and it magically confirms that the bible is not worth the paper.  It happens very often.  The spirit of God cannot be "reasoned" he does not think as we.

1. secularist10 profile image61
        secularist10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Shakespeare wrote: "The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

There are an awful lot of "wise" religious believers who claim to know the mind of God.

You wrote:
        "The spirit of God cannot be "reasoned" he does not think as we."

How do you know that?

The bible makes both those statements. Here, "...uses the foolish things to confound the wise" and "his thoughts are not our thoughts."  Google, they can be found. 
          My thought process here is biblical. 
          Jesus showed us what the mind of God looks like. He has the mind of God. We through the spirit have the mind of God. We know the mind of God if we look at Jesus. The red words are my absolute favorite!!!
          There are many more ways to NOT know the mind of Christ though.

"My thought process here is biblical."

So to understand God, we need to read the Bible. How do you know that?

Because I did it. And if I can, anyone can.

But how do you know that reading the Bible made you understand God?

That's an odd question.  It's like, "How do you know water is wet?"

Again, let me rephrase to clarify: you say, essentially, "knowledge of God is based on the Bible." What is the Bible based on?

2. secularist10 profile image61

Put another way, you say, essentially, "knowledge of God is based on the Bible." What is the Bible based on?

Love

I'm asking where does the Bible derive its authority?

Love, or any other feeling, cannot give authority to a book.

2. getitrite profile image72

So with what intent should we read the Bible?  And should we read all instruction manuals with the same intent?  How are we to gain the comprehension of our reading, if reason is relinquished at the outset?  This seems completely absurd, and would cause me to think that maybe I have been tricked.  Are you capable of even entertaining that thought for a nano-second?   FEAR is merciless sad

The bible is a book written for the children of God. It is for those who want the guidelines.  It really messes with the proud and knowledgable. When you come to God, you leave the old man behind (the usual m/o) and put on spirit (the born again) and THEN pick up the bible for instruction.  It says it is set up to confound the "wise". They come with their info for God to disprove.  It happens often. He said, "Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy-laden;  and I will give you rest." It is true. But the bible says also that "you must first believe that he is... how else may you expect to receive from him."
          "Uh, Lord, I know you aint there, but show me your ways." How does that sound??? Foolishness; rite???

1. getitrite profile image72

So the Bible is for those with no pride and no knowledge?!  Quick....sign me up!

If the Bible is set up to confound the wise, then it must be assumed that the Bible is only for the ignorant and foolish in society.  This is implied from your own words.  So why would God ask the wise to join with the foolish among us, and assume that somehow, through their brazen ignorance, they are more astute at interpreting His complexity?  Unless, of course, God is foolish Himself.  Why should a wise man lower himself to the level of a gullible fool....as if the wise man should think it reasonable to assume the fool is correct, based solely upon childish absurdities and vile silly threats?

Then, by your logic, I could do the same thing in regards to "The Lord of the Rings"  or "The Wizard of Oz" or "Harry Potter" 
            What would you do if someone asked you to believe that the characters in any of these novels already existed, before you even started to read them?  Would you be so willing to do what you suggest that we do?

No...it's more like...."Lord, please show me proof of your existence, so that I can believe in you.  I will be waiting for a reply.....In Jesus' name.....Amen"

The Lord gives wisdom.  He gave Solomon a lot. The bible is speaking of ones who know so much already that it closes off the ears in search of what THEY want.  What God wants is actually unimportant to them. "Wise in their own eyes"   "thinking more highly of yourself than you ought." Google those phrases if you need clarification.

Just how does your God give wisdom if His aim is to confound the wise?  Why do you feel the need to continue to flip-flop?  This is bare faced dishonesty.  These beliefs are inherently evil, as they make people say psychotic things. 

It is completely obvious that this is what YOU are doing.  You have already closed your ears to reason, and you search the bible to confirm what you want it to say.  Of course, you selfishly and arrogantly believe that you are better than others, who actually read books with the true understanding of how to actually read something.  You have NOTHING special.  How absurd.

We don't know of any Gods, or what they might want, and neither do you.  Stating that you do, because you read an ancient book of silly childish rubbish is disturbing.  lol

It is you who needs clarification.  Rejecting deception is not "thinking more highly of oneself than one ought"  It is the way we negotiate life.  You too.  You don't actually allow yourself to be taken advantage of like this in your life outside of religion.  Your mindset is a sad one indeed, as you feel that you have to force yourself to be dishonest, while pretending to know things you certainly don't know....because you are so addicted to this man-made delusion.  It's very sad to see what this does to a person's mind.  sad

Whoa, your first paragraph is really angry sounding. You mad? You miss context often.  I'm starting to think it is done purposely. wink knowledge is good with wisdom to boot. God gives wisdom to all that asks. But we may become so knowledgable that we forget fundamental truths. God is boss and all that he says, does, is, is good. When we allow ourselves to forget, our knowledge becomes a weight. We are open to whatever.  When you don't stand firm for the fundamental,  you fall for anything your mind may fathom. And we all may come up with some doozies... right?

Just answer the questions and stop with the deception.

Dishonesty is the only context I see here.

So you are purposely trying to deceive us with this mindless nonsense, by asserting that the answer is (A) and (not A) at the same time.  If you remember...you have already vilified wisdom.  You cannot, now, assert that, somehow, that you were promoting wisdom.  Your God confounds the  wise....REMEMBER?Why do Christian have to be so deceitful?

Nothing more than mindless regurgitation.  Very sad that a mind can be taken over to this extent, by the foolish imaginations of ancient ignorant charlatans....indoctrinated into the mind of a helpless child.  This is why religion should be kept away from children until they can develop their critical thinking skills.  Your mind has been completely taken over.  Please get some help.

9. Cgenaea profile image61

The prayer says,  "Do what I want first, then MAYBE we can talk" well, then he has to be sure he understands exactly what miracle to perform for your pleasure. You WILL NOT be happy with just any little proof... Before long, you running things. smile
    Then we'll be calling YOU on the main line. Lol

10. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 10 years ago

You know those papers in college... the ones where you don't really know anything about the subject you are writing about? You believe that you are so clever that you can spin a bunch of crap together and you will sound insightful and wise.

Everyone remembers at least one paper like that. The one that you actually convinced yourself that you did a good job. That you sounded like you knew what you were talking about. You were sure that you actually DID manage to pull something intelligent out of thin air... just because you are that good.

When you get that big fat F back, after turning in pages of beautifully worded writing, you are actually offended... for a second. Then you realize that ignorance is obvious, no matter how you try to dress it up. You realize that people who are more intelligent than you are well aware of just how little you know.

This whole thread is like that paper.

Ouch. Lol.

1. profile image0

Yuh-huh!  Ouch, but she's right.  LOL

Thank you Melissa for admitting that. I'm sure you've helped someone. smile
      I have ALWAYS had God. My "stinky" papers came back with A's. He ALWAYS amazed me with my grades.  I always knew MORE than I thought I did. It was always a humbling experience.  Thanks again... those are GREAT memories for me.

3. getitrite profile image72

Agreed.  This paper would actually get an F minus....and the student placed on Academic Probation.

Go easy on her! She didn't HAVE to share her personal experience with us. Yet another F and probation shows no mercy.  She came to share the love of God too...

11. Cgenaea profile image61

I don't think I will ever forget my Critical Thinking class exam. Everyone was nervous. The test was hard!!! When they were passed back,  36/100 was my score. Once the prof. explained the curve, I aced the exam!!! Only one to answer the last questions correctly. I got the highest score.  I didn't pat myself.  I deserved no credit. I thanked God.

I confess that I would look a little askance at a critical thinking course that taught it's students to exclaim that a 36% test score was "Acing the test" and to thank God that they had done that well.  It wasn't being taught in the local seminary, was it?

It might explain some things, though...

Ha ha smile
        Pop quiz, critical thinking.  And I need to explain how EVERYONE scored way below failing? Have you ever taken a critical thinking course?

Again, sounds like siminary thinking.  Wishful thinking spinning truth into lie.

Scores of anyone else does not magically make a 36% score into 100% (the commonly accepted meaning of "Aced").  It makes it sound better, feelings are good rather than bad, but the truth is still 36%.

Oh! You did not understand.  It was bot the test miserably failed it was the experience of watching the sh*t morph into sugar right before my eyes. It was sweet.  It was one of the profs ways of challenging the class. He explained his purpose and announced me as the sole answerer of  the final question.  smile

It does feel good to get something special on a test, doesn't it?

That is a terrible score, a complete fail. It clearly shows you're critical thinking skills are abysmal and your posts here confirm that.

I don't really neee to explain myself on that point. It was what it was. See it how you want.

You don't need to explain anything, the score speaks for itself. It is a fail.

Dont you mean an A? That was the grade wink top of the class; highest grade received; MOST "critical"; not by my power.

So you got the highest grade in the class with a 36/100...Good thing for the other students as well...since no-one probably failed...

What would have happened if someone in the class scored...say 96/100...

Where would have your 36/100 fallen out than?

I would not have bragged about this myself...As in appearance, it would seem that you were the smartest (or luckiest) of a class full of persons with little to no Critical Thinking skills...

As you have not gone into details( or i just missed it), I am going to assume, this was a test given toward the beginning of the course and not the end of the course...and was designed to assess where the classes Critical Thinking skills were baselined at.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
                MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some people are truly thankful for small ponds...

It's like being the only guppy in a tank full of brine shrimp.

It does not matter. The testimony was given to reflect upon how my worries about getting an F on crappy work were usually abated once I got my work returned.  It was a lesson in how I expected little and received much more. Not "offended" that my paper was marked with a big red F, because the grade was much more often than not, more than I expected.

2. profile image0
              Deepes Mindposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a question ( and I'm not trying to he funny it anythin just bear with me). I took a philosophy course in college where the answers to the questions were considered "common sense" but in reality there was more than one answer to the question. So the "lower" your score was the better because it showed that you were thinking outside the box. Was your critical thinking test like that?

Actually no. I think it was more like a pop quiz that was expected to be far above undergraduate thinking. It was an assessment.  And note-takers would have gotten the "famed" answer.  Just so happens that during my cram, that note jumped out at me and I remembered. I know that some want that to be called luck; but I've been living this life too long. I cannot even tell it all. Be talking til...

Why would they give tests for "above undergraduate" at a community college? I've never heard of a cc to give critical thinking classes either...

What is your degree again?

Wow. That was not just an insinuation.  It was a univ. I know you were NOT in my class...

3. A Troubled Man profile image59

No, a 36% score is an F, a fail.

You can see that any score below 60% is an F or E...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_ … ted_States

Hysterical laughter!!! I DO think you're jealous of my A. wink for you and the other lady it would have been an F. See how favor with God works? smile

Yes, but it would have been an F in college. I understand your confusion at the difference. As a matter of fact, the more you talk the more I understand your confusion about everything.

I'll try to use small words. Maybe that will help.

Melissa...I would wager that if You, I or a few others were in class with her...She would have gotten the "F" for her score...

smile The community college? 
                    The more you talk... smile

No, I am not jealous of your fail, quite the contrary. Words could not describe how embarrassed I would be to get such a dismal mark. 36% can only be described as epic failure.

No, that is an F in what we call "reality"

Yes, it is easy to see where favor with God leads to  ... epic failure.

12. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 10 years ago

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/formerlifefreak/Madness.gif

13. Cgenaea profile image61

A little to the left please. wink

14. profile image50
    artofwheelposted 10 years ago

I believe this depends on where a person is in the world and what they are being taught. Some people have over used that name but that doesnt mean that the name does not exzist. Every person has an experience that is diffrent from anothers so when a person reads the words in the bible it will have a diffrent story vs saying that there is one story. Religions are seperated but they all believe in something it doesnt MATTER what you name it.

15. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

yall might wanna bring it back to the topic... I know it's like sticking my hand in a shark tank, but it seems like ppl are just gonna keep getting hurt...

I agree. I don't want to be known as one who hurts people. 
      Ah yes, the threatening bible. Let's go...

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

I'm done with her, if anyone else wants to buy her crap, it's their waste of time.

1. profile image0

She's somebodies daughter. We all matter... I know we get so mad on here at times, we're only human, but she matters. You matter too Melissa, you're very valuable. Remember in this moment that you're both precious.

16. profile image0

How is man paying?

There are consequences for sin i.e. a guy robs a bank and says, "Hey this sin has been paid for, Im not going to jail." and the judge says, "You wanna bet?"

Our sin is ultimately against God. We cannot enter Heaven b/c He cannot fellowship with darkness, so a "covering" of our sin had to be provided... and that is why Christ came.

However, the judge is not interested in God's court... he's looking at his own and a price must be paid for those iniquities.

Sorry, but the courts don't recognize or acknowledge sin, they recognize criminal and civil law.

One fairy tale emerging from another. lol

1. profile image0

Indeed, they recognize 'failing to follow the law.'
        I was asking DS if that was his point in saying "man continues to pay for his sin."
        I spose you could allow him to answer.

Ok...so before we go further...

Lets clear up some things...

What is Sin?
      Is it a transgression against God?
      Or is it breaking the law of the land?
      Or is it both?

The bible clearing states that Christ paid the price for all sin...So that would mean all sin is free and cleared...But of course the "land" will still punish you for breaking the law...

Since Man still dies....Which is the punishment for sin (Transgression against God)... And Jesus died to pay for all sin (transgressions against God) of man... Men should no longer die...if the ask and are forgiven of their sins (Which should have been forgiven with the death of Jesus) and Believe...

So Man is still paying for sin(Against God)...in spite of the death of Jesus..

1. profile image0

There was no death in God's original plan, but b/c of Adam and Eve's sin, God took away that gift. Revocation of privilege, done. Nothing can be done to change this.

Next, sin means to miss the mark. If a pilot sets off on a transatlantic journey and sets his navigational equipment, but is off by one degree, he will miss his destination by a shocking amount.  We cannot pay for our sin... no man is capable. So the blood of Jesus, offered to all, is a covering of that sin. We cannot enter Heaven filthy with sin... God wont allow it. We must allow Him to cleanse us.

Lastly, this world is not Heaven. I've said it a hundred times here. It has its own laws, its own judges, its own rules... this is why abortion is legal... we are under a different rule here on earth. So as we break man's laws, we must pay man's price. Man calls them consequence for actions, God said "You reap what you sow." Either way, paying man's price has nothing to do with God. They will release you from prison when you've served your time, renewed heart or not. With God... not so much. It is *all* about the heart to Him. He is looking for repentance of sin, and a humbling of will to Him.

I would argue your definition of sin...But I'll let you check up on that one...And yes the punishment for sin (disobeying God in Adam's case) was death...Prior to Jesus, animal sacrifice was the price to pay for this sin to allow for admittance to heaven. With the death of Jesus...he paid the ultimate price for all sin. Jesus was born to take away the sin of the world..

Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

1Peter 1:18-19 knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, ...but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

If sin was taken away...Or paid for...then way is the price of death still being paid?

1. profile image0

I explained that.

With what you said...Sin was not taken away...Therefore it was not paid for...

Jesus was simply a sacrifice that covered the sin to allow admittance into heaven...The same as the Animal Sacrifices of the Old Testament...

God still requires a Death Sacrifice for the payment of sin...Which is the reason Mankind still dies...

The death of Jesus did nothing to remove this sin...no saving from sin...no forgiveness of sin...it only covers it for admittance into heaven after the human dies as a sacrifice as well...

1. profile image0

Uh... no... Im not sure how we missed each other there.

I said death entered the world as a consequence of original sin. Nothing will change concerning that... there is nothing we can do to revoke that. But that does not gain us entrance into Heaven.

Next, Jesus came to be the payment for our sins, exactly as you said... God required a sacrifice in the OT, Jesus came to be that sacrifice... He would be the ram in the thicket... it was this covering... that would allow us attendance with God.

And that is the point I was making. Jesus does not "save" one from sin (even though this is what the bible states)...He is simply a sacrifice that covers the sin...Just as are all humans that die...Death(Sacrifice) is still the payment for sin...

If we look at this from a logical point of view...The Death of Jesus is not of effect for anything...As the human still dies because of the original sin...And this death of Humans because of sin...is still in and of itself a sacrifice for sin...God still requires A sacrifice for payment of sin...

Only it is now a Human sacrifice only instead of an animal and fruits of the ground sacrifices that in the Old Testament allowed for humans to live for hundreds of years before the human portion was to be paid...

1. profile image0

I gotta be honest... I was done reading at this point. Once you toss the Bible to the side, we might as well talk about crop dusting. When it comes to God, you can't make up your own stuff. Ppl have done that in the past and it ends up with a bunch of ppl dead on a floor with a bunch of empty Kool Aid cups around them. If you add to the Bible or take away from the bible, it's just your own made up... crap. (Not to be unkind, just in general... it's all crap.)

Yes, we know those fairy tales, Beth. Could you get back to reality, now?

1. profile image0

What would *you like to talk about?

17. Cgenaea profile image61

Look at those brains goooo!!! The spirit of God makes one to see things similar to the way he sees.

18. profile image0

Can I call you CG? I can never remember the spelling of the name you go by.

Sure!  Genaea is difficult for many. Had to add the c from my last name when I quit the last time. smile

19. profile image0

Oh so Genaea is your first name? How is it pronounced?

I say gin-aya

20. Cgenaea profile image61

Spirit HAS been shown to exist.  But it may as well be unicorns and leprechauns to you.

Sorry, but that is completely false and since many of your claims are based on it, they too are false.

You are right! For you, it is meaningless.  Maybe not ALWAYS...
        As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Do you actually think about all these fine platitudes/quotations or just run them through the Xerox machine in your bran and spit them back out indiscriminately?

The word of God is hidden in my heart.  He brings it to rememberancewhen needed.  I speak biblically.  You may Google a phrase or two if you wish. Most of it is in there in some form or another.

I take it that means that no, you don't think about them?  You don't try to fit them to the audience, you don't test them even mentally for correctness or truth - you just run them off the paper, and out the fingertips.

I've wondered about how that works.

Did I err??? Can you prove it if so?

How would I know if you erred?  You never actually answered the question.

But you should know - do you think about the platitudes before posting them?  Do "fit" them to your audience?  Do you check them for accuracy (beyond "biblical, so true")?  Do you think the listener will understand what you mean with them?

Sorry, but talking gibberish isn't evidence.

21. JMcFarland profile image66
    JMcFarlandposted 10 years ago

No,  let's all take the time to follow beths point to its logical conclusion.   Beth admits that cgenaea was being condescending in her post,  but excuses it because according to Beth,  she was being "ganged up on and bullied" by a significant number of people who disagreed with her.  According to Beth,  it's perfectly acceptable to behave in a condescending manner when you're outnumbered.

Christians far outnumber atheists in the United States.   Therefore,  Beth thinks it's perfectly acceptable for atheists to behave condescendingly to them,  and I'm sure (given her own logic) she will now come to the defense of atheists and stop trying to call them out for being "condescending" based on her own perception.

Problem solved.

Again. This conversation is not about Beth. Nor Genaea.  But, if the focus may be shifted to man.  Problem (for the enemy) solved.  Let's refocus... wink

22. Cgenaea profile image61

Oh! And Christians do not outnumber atheists. Not all who claims Christian status belong.

No true Scottsman fallacy.

Come again... I'm American smile

Yes,  and it's abundantly clear why you are not able to distinguish or avoid logical fallacies.

Incidentally,  critical thinking classes (and debate classes) usually cover logical fallacies.   Just sayin.

Logical fallacy is Scotsman fallacy?

No. 

The "No true scottsman" logical fallacy is one out of many logical fallacies.   There's a long list,  and you like to use them a lot.  The goal of an intellectually honest person is to avoid using fallacies and being honest.   If you don't even know what a logical fallacy is generally,  you should probably research all of them.

Now we have a problem.  From whose viewpoint is the fallacy list made?

Logical fallacies are a list of commonly used tactics in debates,  philosophy and logic.   They are impartial and can be used by anyone and pointed out by anyone.   They are simply a list of fallacious arguments and statements that should not be used by anyone attempting intellectually honest conversation.   It's not from anyone's viewpoint, and every critical thinking or debate class I have ever attended or audited has covered them.

Why, thank you! smile I appreciate the clarity.  (Back to bragging???) However,  as you may now see, I based my claim (once again) on the bible.  I didn't say what I said because I said it or dreamed it; I said what I said because the bible says it. My comments were in response to the fallacious claim that Christians outnumber Atheists.
                    Are we clear now?

2. profile image0
                  Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Still not understanding? If you take the time to look up what Julie told you to you might save yourself some embarrassment.

I was posting to you. I don't understand a Scotsman fallacy.

If you don't understand what a logical fallacy is,  I would recommend looking it up.   Google the "no true scottsman" logical fallacy since you don't understand what it is,  or how you just used it.

I didn't use it i was trying to get clarification, but thanks.

You did,  actually.   You said

"No,  Christians don't outnumber atheists because a lot of people claiming to be Christians are not "true" Christians. "

That is an example of the no true scottsman fallacy.

People who are forced to resort to the use of easily recognizable logical fallacies are people who practice intellectual dishonesty who cannot make valid points without the use of fallacious claims.

Aha! But what if I was not familiar with the term? No true  Scotsman fallacy sounds like NO true Christians or something.  I will look it up. But the bible states that not many choose this path. The bible is true. Therefore there cannot be as many yeas as nays.

Ignorance of a term does not make you immune from committing a logical fallacy or using a fallacious argument.   

That's like saying "well I didn't know that pre martial sex was considered a sin,  so I'm not guilty of sinning"

God does not hold you responsible for what you don't know. Though the bible does say that his words are written in our hearts.
                    My ignorance of the thingy makes me innocent smile
                    But my argument is not fallacious.  It is God-breathed;  I mean biblical.

2. profile image0

If I may, the way the No True Scotsman applies in debates between two Christians is whenever one Christian accuses another of not being a "real" Christian because there are two different beliefs of the meaning of something that is written in the bible(especially when both believe they are using the Holy Spirit)

Ok, so we are swimming upstream.  Who started it??? smile thanks. There was not another Christian in the bunch. See how well we outsmart ourselves?

3. profile image0

Opps, you've made a statement based on your opinion. You are assuming the bible is true and expect other to make the same assumption. The bible also says girls who rare found to not be virgins on their wedding night should be killed. Do you think that's a true statement?

Well, let me show you critical thinking. You asserted that there were more Christians than not. In that case, more people believe the bible is true. Yes? So WHO then is making fallacious statements?

23. Cgenaea profile image61

I'll be back...

24. Rev Bruce Jackson profile image66
    Rev Bruce Jacksonposted 10 years ago

Faith starts with acceptance.  For the Judeo-Christian faith, it starts as Genesis opens with 'in the beginning God. . ." We are to believe Him as an authority since He pre-existed our own notion of the beginning of anything, even ourselves.

Thank you, Sir. I do believe that.

25. Cgenaea profile image61

Anybody speak Canadian?  wink

1. profile image0

Sure, he wants you to click on the url.

1. profile image0

Are you sure?

1. profile image0

Who is the one who understands Canadian here?

Lol

Let me know what happens. 
            Lil curious.

1. profile image0

To what? What happens to what?

smile you are SO helpful. 
        Thanks Sweetie.

26. Cgenaea profile image61

I can 'cipher 100% I'm just THAT smart. smile I just can't tell if it's 100% money back or 100% computer crash.

27. Cgenaea profile image61

From what I understand with my "limited capacity for rational thought" wink is that, indoctrination is something you were taught, and then clung to without question. If so, it does not describe my stance at all.
    It is much easier to believe God in my own opinion.  My way NEVER works.  His way does. To compare people or situations wastes time. The STANDARD is written. 
    The element of fear and emotional need is fascinating. Can anyone imagine how it must feel to be compelled to constantly go on and on about someone ELSE'S imagination; unABLE to mind your own business???  Must be maddening.

1. profile image0

One strange and bizarre post. Did you post this just to get a reaction?

Minding ones own business in a public forum where we are supposed to be exploring and exchanging ideas.

Knocking one ones door or calling someone in an attempt to change there opinion is not what we do here.

I said nothing about knocking on one's door. But if the door says bible/God (something of which some have no opinion about other than to say "You're crazy!") then who is the imposer???
        Reaction (response/idea)?  Yes, reactions are good in a public forum. Thanks wink

You just contradicted yourself. lol

Oh...???

3. wilderness profile image96

Of course it is easier to believe in a god.  Unquestioning belief, without the effort to find truth, is always easier. 

If it is Maddening to be unABLE to mine one's own business the evangelists of the Christian world must be far around the bend indeed. lol

Unquestioning??? My QUESTIONS were answered. There were many. wink
        Evangelists are not supposed to be "personally" invested. The messages of God speak for themselves.  It is about God, not the messenger.  Not "maddening" in any way. smile

4. profile image0

Were you not told about God as a Child?

Yes. You?

1. profile image0

So you were indoctrinated.

Weren't we all told about God as a child? Is that all it takes to become indoctrinated?

Successful indoctrination is when you accept God.

Really?  So the fact that I "accepted" God is proof of "successful" indoctrination?  I guess...
                Truthfully, it took me a while to come to accept.  The whole truth was distorted for "tithe and offering" I did not come to know God until I studied it myself.  smile one or two too many "contradictions" sent me running to the pages. I got the guided tour from God himself.  Don't ever let anyone tell you he's too busy. smile

Absolutely.

The Bible is not proof of anything.

No, you didn't. That now goes beyond indoctrination to delusion.

Cute smile
                    Only spirit may prove spirit.  When you get there, this conversation will be much HAPPIER for you. There's no way to do it your way. So, if you feel that it makes me appear or feel superior to have a gift that you don't, you are wrong. I feel "blessed" to be able to share, but not superior or special.  I'm just like you in many ways... delusional?  Not a chance. smile

2. profile image0

Do you really expect us to believe that nonsense?

Nope.

3. getitrite profile image72

The time frame does not matter.  You ACCEPTED it.

And that should have confirmed that the whole thing was BS.

There are over 38,000 denominations of Christianity out there....each claiming that God guided them to the "TRUTH" in the bible.  So your boasting doesn't hold up, as you are likely just another misguided victim of our indoctrination.   God should probably stop giving these personal tours.   

Looks like He is too busy.....causing hurricanes in the Philippines that He can't even find time to feed the starving children, or save the little boys from abusive priests.  Your God lets them die or be abused, yet you say He's not too busy...for you?  How can believers justify such callous selfishness?

What you see as callous is actually something else. Those of us who trust God know that we may be in the next disaster. And we're ok live or die. It brings peace,  "yea tho I walk through the valley of the shadows of death, I will fear NO evil for thou art with me."
                    You mad at God... your arms are too short...
                    Of those 38,000 denominations, a few will be plucked from each one. smile God sees the heart.
                    God sees the "calamity" too. He promised it would happen.
                    You forget that...

2. wilderness profile image96

As a living, breathing thing, real in every sense?

No - most of the world does not find the Christian myth to be truth and would not subject a child to such teachings.  As a myth, maybe, along with the other gods man has made, but not as something real.

Thanks for pointing that out. So "indoctrinated" is my adjective?  What do we call it when one is "taught" to despise God and his word, as a child???

Why in the world would anyone teach their children to despise an imaginary thing or the speeches it is claimed to have made?  Such a parent, seems to me, is in desperate need of psychiatric help as they recognize the god for the myth it is and then teach it as real.  One does not despise a myth.  At most one despises the people that believe the myth, and even that doesn't make much sense as we all make mistakes.

See??? Hmmm... what were YOU taught as a child? Seems obvious;  but I'll bite...

This isn't taught...When asked about God and "his word"...It is classified in the same way as the Greek and Roman Gods are...It is a Myth...A story...Nothing more..nothing less...

Hate and separation are things taught more by the religions of the world, than by those who have no belief in such things...

Lack of rights for Slaves, women, Gays and "Other" religions....All justified by using the "Word of God"....Good thing some people aren't blindly following that or there would still be slaves, women would still be in the "kitchen"...You know those rights we are currently enjoying...Hopefully, one day everyone will get to enjoy their freedom of rights...But I doubt that will happen as long as we have people who insist on pushing their beliefs on others and impede their rights, but call foul when it happens to them.

My "beliefs" fall fresh upon you like mornin' dewdrops and rest upon the blood vessels within your brain for you to ponder. The words will or have be/been brought to your remembrance.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

Are you implying that there are some women who AREN'T in the kitchen? Wow... I need to get out more.

3. profile image0

No, not everyone is told that the Christian version of God is real.

Which then leads to the indoctrination of man's decrees??? Or "taught" that that God "jazz" is...?

28. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 10 years ago

Why do you think that a statement like "God bless you" or "I am praying for you" is Christian?

They are decidedly not exclusively Christian. Nor are public expressions of one's religious faith.

Until you have to explain to your children what God or Praying is.

So yes, they are indeed Christian references.

29. Cgenaea profile image61

Funny how we who believe in the God of Abraham are pegged as SELF-anything. Jesus NEVER discounted the word of God. He spoke it and upheld it. Why do people who say they believe in Jesus do not also believe in his father???oh!!! The words are just NOT that important.  Simplify and toss out what does not appeal is nothing but SELF.  God knows who belongs to him.

30. DoubleScorpion profile image77
    DoubleScorpionposted 10 years ago

We can now say with considerable confidence that the Bible is not a history of anyone's past.... The Bible's "Israel" is a literary fiction... Not only have Adam and Eve and the flood story passed over to mythology, but we can no longer talk about a time of the patriarchs. There never was a "United Monarchy" in history and it is meaningless to speak of pre-exilic prophets and their writings... The Bible deals with the origin traditions of a people who never existed as such

-Thomas L. Thompson

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)