jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Do serial killers have more right to exist than police dogs?

1. profile image60
    Vegan Vandalposted 3 years ago

"Human life is more important!" is the common cry of those who would rather avoid the issue of animal rights. But how far do they extend this concept? Serial killers are humans. Police dogs are not. But serial killers kill humans. And police dogs save them.

But if the quoted phrase is correct it means we're expected to view beings who kill humans as more worth while than those who save them. In other words the belief that human life is more valuable than other life puts human life in great danger.

1. RealLee916 profile image61
      RealLee916posted 3 years ago in reply to this

WITH OUT A DOUBT I BELIEVE THAT A POLICE DOG SHOULD HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN A SERIAL KILLERS..ONLY BECAUSE AS I HAVE LIVED IN THIS WORLD FIFTY THREE YEARS AND HAVE SEEN THE DESTRUCTION MANKIND OR HUMANS HAVE CAUSED NOT ONLY TO THEMSELVES BUT TO OTHER LIVING...THE LOYALTY A DOG SHOWS TO US HUMANS IS NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING...

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Saying human life is important is not in itself saying it is more important than animal life or that every human life is of equal importance.  It is just saying that human life as a category is more associated with importance than triviality.

1. profile image60
      Vegan Vandalposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wasn't criticising people who say human life is important, I was criticising people who claim it is more important than animal life but then go on to give humans who kill humans more rights than animals who save them.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Then you didn't phrase is very well.

Also the argument from marginal cases is a pretty well beaten dead horse as these things go.

So to speak.

You might do better making an actual hub about it.

1. profile image60
          Vegan Vandalposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Then you didn't phrase is very well."
          Ahem.
          The first sentence is definitely:
          "Human life is more important!" is the common cry of those who would rather avoid the issue of animal rights.
          Not:
          "Human life is important!" is the common cry of those who would rather avoid the issue of animal rights.
          How much more clearly do you need it to be communicated?
          You just didn't read it very well.

working