jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

In God's Heart

1. God shet profile image60
    God shetposted 2 years ago

"O Holy Spirit, descend plentifully into my heart. Enlighten the dark corners of this neglected dwelling and scatter there Thy cheerful beams."

~ Saint Augustine

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11866143_f520.jpg

We have several spiritual misconceptions. Well, first off nobody has seen God with their physical eyes so no physical description, of how God really looks like, is possible to provide to the popular curiosity. God might be the ugliest creature in the entire universe!

Because religions have been enslaving us not to re-think creatively about the spiritual dimension - we all are still living with outdated conceptions about what we have conveniently termed as "God". A butterfly might consider you a 'God' - because you are much more powerful than a butterfly. In the butterfly society - they might even build churches and temples and cathedrals to worship your existence , and to please you. But in all honesty, you are not really what they conceive you to be. They have formed an illusive idea of how and what you really are. They don't know that you are mortal. They haven't seen your childhood, your crises, your financial status or your relationships. They don't know you as you really are.

Fundamentally - God is really just like one of us. He has a mind, heart, feelings, and perhaps even emotions. It (God) has the 'need for love' just as we do.

The more deep I delve into God and Its artistic and engineering achievements ~ the more amazed I get. God is a terrific artist! And an incredible engineer. Even from the smallest grasshopper to the biggest giraffe - are all examples of masterpieces of the most 'advanced' engineering. We have no human creation which can match that of any of God's.

I personally feel that 'human spirituality' desperately needs a serious update. This is the best point to begin with.

1. Jomine Jose profile image76
      Jomine Joseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11869273_f1024.jpg

Have a peg and be in the spiritual dimension.

2. EncephaloiDead profile image61
      EncephaloiDeadposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The flaw in your argument is glaringly obvious. The butterfly has a physical description of us because we exist to the butterfly. It doesn't matter in the least they know or understand our problems. They actually have a deity they can see.

And, your deity is where? Oh yes, you admitted from the get go no one has ever seen him.

It's funny how you take a false premise, couple it with a contradiction and then go right ahead and contradict the contradiction. Amazing.

What about children? Are they not of human creation? I would speculate there are few if any parents who would deem anything more of a masterpiece than their own children.

2. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 2 years ago

It's always fun when someone professes to have never seen and admits we have no way of knowing anything about it and then begins to tell us all about it's needs and abilities.

Like others you state with the assumption that God is real and attribute your own thinking to him with any evidence of anything. It's the most bizarre thing to watch.

God shetposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Have you ever met any of your primary school-teachers' parents?

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Do you like taking romantic walks in the moonlight?

Can you say what you think so we can have a conversation?

Does any of your primary-school teachers' parents ever exist /existed?

1. profile image0

You already asked me that meaningless question.

That was a very different question that I asked you 10 hours ago.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 2 years ago

Is your god one of the "forces" of evolution and random chance, or the ET from another universe that some declare?

The first we know can and will produce the beauty we find in nature, the second is claimed to do so, although the claim is seriously lacking in supporting evidence.

There is almost a satanic element to the Western mode of thinking.

1. profile image0

There is almost a meaningless element to some peoples mode of thinking.

Thank you for clarifying that.

working