jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Feeling Empty

1. God shet profile image60
    God shetposted 2 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11913555.jpg

Let me try something different.  Let me tell you about an imaginary situation.

You are standing on a black spot (about half a foot in diameter) on earth. An unknown man comes, he is smiling as he is watching you standing over there on that black spot. He says: "How are you?", and you say: "I do not know how I am feeling. What do you want?".

He brings out a sheet of paper from his pocket and unfolds it before you. He points to a few places on that map and says this: "I will meet you here in this same place after 10 years, and you will be standing on that same black spot where you stand now. By then, you are destined to travel these places that I have just pointed on this map. You'll know then how you feel".

1. Sed-me profile image82
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You broke my brain.

God shetposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've just edited the story a little. Read again!

Was I supposed to take any kind of illegal street drug before reading this... 'cause I'm still not feelin' it.

Well, it's a quite logical, and sensible story!

Too many variables, the way I understand it. Why only 10 years? What if what you know after 10 years is only partial understanding? What if you need 20 for full understanding? It still barely makes sense to me.

I made it 10 years because that's the way I personally felt it. It can be anything, from one day, one month, or even a lifetime.

The way that I see it ~ the time frame mentioned here varies from person to person, but the underlying principle is same.

2. God shet profile image60

Anyway, I really thank you for commenting on this little work. I feel alleviated.

alleviated or validated? or both?

I'm glad that you asked.

2. God shet profile image60
    God shetposted 2 years ago

We have an idea that life is something linear. But that is not how it's exactly like.

3. lone77star profile image87
    lone77starposted 2 years ago

Sometimes, feeling empty can be a good thing. The burden of attachments to the world and to many layers of importances can be painful, at times.

This reminds me of a time in 1968 when I woke up exhausted. I felt drugged and listless. As I sat there, I got the idea to get out of my head and to look straight back toward "me."

In an instant, I woke up and felt entirely energized.

Perhaps the story you gave was one of discovering self -- becoming critically self-aware.

On the road to Truth (Love), such self-awareness can prove helpful.

4. Jayson Canete profile image61
    Jayson Caneteposted 2 years ago

this is very interesting parable. it gives a clear view on how you can easily discover the real you. but it's just for a temporary period of time. Just as i found my real self, without fail, in Christ Jesus. alone. Maybe that man in your parable, for me, is Jesus.

1. lone77star profile image87
      lone77starposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Very nice, Jayson.

The incident in 1968 was only a taste of much greater things to come for me. It would take me more than 40 years to understand what Jesus was all about. Even now, I'm only barely scratching the surface of his teachings.

He said to love others as yourself. He implied that we need to wish for them everything that they desire, even if they are our enemies. This is the level of selfless love we need to attain.

working