Good vs Evil in Politics:

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Which political presidential candidate is which? and why?
    Considering:

Q.What is Evil?
    A. That which destroys life.

Q. What is Good?
    A. That which promotes life.

… or maybe politics and religion don't mix.

Wondering.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't see either of them as good and don't qualify anything as evil.

Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You do not believe the peoples' lives can be robbed by politicians who hold illusive beliefs which are not based on common sense / reality?

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Each individual is more able to run their own life better than anyone else in the world.

Religion and Politic is the same hierarchy authoritarian system that has murdered, stolen and Boss everyone around worst than any other group of people in the world lead by the Greedy bunch .

I choose me first and to be king of my own domain first. Don't follow leaders who don't really care if you live or die, mainly people in poverty. More importantly 30 million other species who they really don't give a dam about wildlife or over all natural environment at all.

Yes, stop Oppression. Oppression kills body, mind and soul.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sure. I just don't define that as evil. Bad, yes.

bad = evil.   Bad for life  / Good for life.     After all, evil is  l i v e  spelled backwards.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe that politics and religion should mix. Our Constitution was specifically set up by brilliant minds of the time to keep the separation of church and state. They saw the evil that had been done in the name of religion in Europe and also in the Middle East. Most of us whose ancestors came from Europe before the Revolutionary War had ancestors who were fleeing religious tyranny. That is, if the ancestor wasn't a thief. The Quakers, Anabaptists, Hugenots are some examples. Of course, after they got here, they wanted to set up their own localized theocracies, and that is why wiser men than they were stopped them.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I actually think that the final point - that localized communities demanded their own religion but not their neighbors - was the primary reason for the separation.  No state could force it's religion onto the next through governmental tyranny.

And it worked wonderfully...until the last few decades when atheism became more popular and now Islam.  Christianity is being forced out of government and it's followers are sometimes having a hard time accepting that.  The newer ideologies are far enough removed from what the country was used to that it is proving difficult to convince everyone that a religious government is NOT the way to go.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

You do not believe ANYTHING qualifies as evil?
    How about Hitler? Mussolini? to name just two in all of history which contains many evil leaders murdering, killing and wiping out …
    How about slavery in all its diabolical forms?
    How about Monsantos products which spill, leak and seep poisons everywhere throughout the land and into its people?
    How how about cops, teachers and politicians who who abuse their positions of authority?
    How about abortion?
    How about the gang lifestyle which promotes murder?
    How about presidential candidates who refuse to discuss the issue of the importance of maintaining  the US electrical grid?

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Which candidate will allow ISIS in? Which one will continue the policy of porous borders?
    Which candidate will promote higher taxes across the board and increase governmental despotism reducing freedom for all? Which candidate will make it hard for the rich to do what they do and in so doing create jobs and industry?
    Which candidate will push for the continued funding of single mothers and in so doing promote fatherless children, the true bane of society?

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

Kathryn, are these rhetorical or do you want people to ask themselves these questions?  I don't think you mean to do it, but some of these questions are loaded like "do you still beat your wife?". If you really want answers, you might want to go back and rephrase some of them. I would never attempt to answer these because in one part I might answer "Hillary" yet in the other part, I might answer "Trump". I say this respectfully.

I was focusing on what promotes life.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

We need boundaries. These are not oppressive. These PROMOTE freedom.
    For instance, The Ten Commandments are very excellent boundaries and when followed, promote happiness ...

I agree, a form of the 10 Commandments has been found in almost every other religion both before and after Christianity, so there must be something special in them.

5. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

It's time the evil system today that harms us with the absence of Reason. Is to be Brocken and form another that allows individuals freedom as long as they do no harm other's ,  rule.

Well, it will have to be a makeover of the the same, (scientifically based,) eternal structure ... just presented differently.
      smile

Let me restate this:
      "Today's evil system harms us due to the absence of reason. It is time for society to break this system and form another one which will allow all individuals freedom, as long as they do not harm others." Cp

Of course this was Jesus' message and yet we even rebel against Him!!!! We do not wish to consider something from so long ago with all the questions we have today. Such as: "If thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light." !!! And how did John "die daily" ???
      Etc.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Our society has rebelled against that which they see as "oppressive"… even The US Constitution! Including God and The Ten Commandments, not understanding that these promote freedom, not take it away. It is a simple miscalculation based on not seeing what true freedom holds or what it trully is. Undreamed of possibilities exist within boundaries, usually regarded as oppressive. How sad. We must become conscious of what true freedom is.

God and the ten commandments do not promote freedom: as a tool used for religious oppression they are probably unmatched.

They are good guidelines for happiness. Which one do you find distasteful?

How about start with #1?  You can get opinions from gays, from the Muslims murdered by Christians in Africa, from the American slaves of our history.  Then go on and talk to those that went through the inquisition, the crusades and the witch hunts.  Finish the investigation into providing happiness with thoughts from those that died on 9-11 or their families,  Galileo and Darwin.

Never forgetting, obviously, that the commandment actually means "whatever God I designate as the one and only God and whatever I tell you He wants".

George Carlin did a great breakdown of the ten commandments.

One God as opposed to many gods. Humans had a way of worshipping make-believe gods. So the actual Spirit of God said, "No if you must worship, worship One. Me, Mighty Triple O. I am not imaginary.  big_smile

Or the shamans wanting an easy life said it.  We know one of those two has definitely spoken the message, the other one not so much.  Only the testimony of the shamans.

Huh?

You assume there IS an "actual Spirit of God" but all experience says there is not.  But there ARE shamans that have reported what their god said.

bah humbug. Yer no fun.

PS All experience says there is.
                    lol

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Freedom for me would be enablement to serve others with pleasure in a healthy matter. Independence first to be yourself than serve others.

Constitution is solid for most part where 10 commandment you can boil down to two very simple rules.
      Do not harm
      Be Honest

Don't need hell on earth for not worshiping one personal God where most wars are in the name of God than any other reason. Or for working on Sunday and other nonsense things like that.

Evil is also the absence of Reason.

Love is logical. smile

Love is light and life. The absence of love is darkness. that is probably what could be termed as "evil". (I ain't quotin' nobody's scripture here. Just sayin')

Darkness it self, is not opposite of love. Darkness is unknowns in which can be spiritual unknowns until it's manifest into our ego self.. The reaction fear of unknowns would be more so opposite of love. The source of good intentions can be a loving act towards the unknowns.

You certainly have your own brand of metaphysics. But everyone has his own path.

Darkness is the absence of light. Where is the evil in darkness other than more visual unknowns?. Is it any more bad or evil than front or back?

The Ignorance of Darkness.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

If you work with Mighty Triple O your life will be really great.

8. Castlepaloma profile image76

When you look at the arrogant of Jesus and his father Yahweh claiming to know the Universe. When you also look at us Earthings only knowing less than 1℅ about the earth.

When you consider how destructive Christians behavior has been in the history of the earth. If the be all and end all God has kept us in the 99℅ unknown darkness.

Wouldn't that not make Jesus an amateur shaman lacking education skills.

No, that would make you and everyone else amateur at understanding/interpreting Him. My goodness, God is patient! You can certainly say that.

Being an vetern artist, many people tell me I have the patience of job. Yet if the Bible tells me that 1+1=3.  Only patience Christians would try to figure that one out. Where I would go insane and go out and kill some Muslim dealings with such an unsolvable problem.

Math would not lie, where Jesus could have tricked very stupid people back in ancient times. He could have multiplied the bread and wine, much like how our politicians do today.

Then we have blind faith.
        Like taking totally blind men then have tbem craw all over an elephant checking him out. Then have each of the blind men described the the Elephant they were feeling with their hands. I sure you would get many contradiction from them.

The the bible in the same way, we would have far greater contradiction about the earth and universe. From sheep herders who barely manage to live pass age 30.

Yes, human being are extremely stupid. Would it hurt God's brain too much to simplified his messages to where some of us could understand it then explain it to the rest of us?.

Three words He respects:
          Self-guided will.

9. Trichakra profile image59
    Trichakraposted 7 years ago

What is Evil?
    Who created Evil?

Evil spelled backwards is live, so evil is the opposite of to live: it is to die.
      EVIL . . . LIVE
      Inotherwords, whatever causes Death.
      Good is whatever causes Life.
      What contributes to LIFE in America?
      Using tax contributions for ilegal aliens' ebt cards and free hospital births?
      Over regulating / fining and reducing job-creation opportunities?
      Removing freedom of religion?
      Removing freedom of speech?
      Removing moral and spiritual boundaries?

All the so called modern day "oppressions" were what has made this country great. No president or government can make a nation great. Freedom for the people to do good and happily live their lives.
      (Freedom within Boundaries = Two sides of the same coin.)

You had to ask, Trichakra. smile

10. Castlepaloma profile image76

Religion and politics is inherently evil by way of great suppression of our own kingdom within. The hierarchy systems represents the ultimate of war, greed and harms the advancement of humans and nature

Its up to us to ignore religion and politics and just carry on with our inward spiritual excursions.
      I am not religious, I am spiritual.
      Am I from So Cal? Yes. lol

More people are saying they are spiritual sided than religious. More christains say they don't believe in hell. When I hear that most Americans Christains start remoresing over the million children killed in the Middle east. Then I will believe Americans are becoming spiritual with good honest intentions.

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Who created Evil? Satan who just wants what he wants, caring not for anything/anyone but himself.

Evil is promoted by the ignorance of humans who are tempted to follow his example.

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Who is more blindly and self-orientedly ambitious: Hillary or Donald?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)