This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is God "Powerful" enough to stop injustices then why HE doesn't do it and if HE

1. countrywomen profile image34
    countrywomenposted 9 years ago

Is God "Powerful" enough to stop injustices then why HE doesn't do it and if HE is powerful enough but still doesn't do it then is HE kind enough?

2. daveearley profile image82
    daveearleyposted 9 years ago

"Is
    God "Powerful" enough to stop injustices then why HE doesn't do it and
    if HE is powerful enough but still doesn't do it then is HE kind enough?"  Based on Scripture and my experiences, I will break this question down into 3 parts:   Is God... read more

3. Tom Rubenoff profile image93
    Tom Rubenoffposted 9 years ago

The key to understanding why God does not stop injustice is the understanding of God. read more

4. Darrell Roberts profile image77
    Darrell Robertsposted 9 years ago

Is God "Powerful" enough to stop injustices then why HE doesn't do it and if HE is powerful enough but still doesn't do it then is HE kind enough?
    I use to wonder the same thing so I could relate.  I went and read so many scriptures from around... read more

5. Lee Boolean profile image56
    Lee Booleanposted 8 years ago

Your question has been asked for thousands of years, and probably the basis for many religions not working out. depending in what you believe you have 2 choices:
    a) he does not exist (I can see qoutes from the bible coming my way)
    or
    b) he does not want to (and here I expect even more quotes).
    Fact is, no matter how you see it, you are going to have to die to find out ( or not, if answer a)

6. steffsings profile image77
    steffsingsposted 8 years ago

I have a child (she's an adult NOW - off to college in 2weeks - proud mom here!) but during her toddler years - I figured she'd probably have teething pain as her adult teeth grew in - I would NEVER take her prematurely to the dentist - pay for surgery to remove ALL her teeth so she wouldn't experience the pain Why? Because when she goes through it all - it will eventually be for her benefit. Pain is fleeting it won't last long - death is inevitable BUT it will pay off in the end too...

- the most loving thing I could do as an EXCELLENT PARENT (if I do say so myself)? plan ahead and have 'ambusol' & kiddie 'tylenol' ready & waiting for the day the pain came - the same with falling down while learning to walk, relationship problems as a teen, & even marital issues as an adult ... Mom will be here to help see her thru -  that's a parents duty - ALL that to say - God's an EXCELLENT DAD!!!

7. Terry J profile image54
    Terry Jposted 8 years ago

Of course God is powerful enough to stop injustices. I believe He does not do it is because he created mankind with choice (free will) in all things. God wants us to choose Him, and among other things that means we would choose justice over injustice. I believe that at times God does intervene, always for the greater good, but for the most part it is up to us. God puts emphasis on "forever" , not this relatively short 70 years plus.

8. profile image56
    vibhatripathiposted 8 years ago

It is matter of communication skill

God is powerful enough to create each and every thing of the universe as well as destroy each and everything created by him or created by his children.
    God is very very rich, powerful and loving father who pamper his children by providing them every thing they wish.
    He gave them wisdom to desire, strength to create, this beautiful body to experience and enjoy and created this beutiful world to live for his children.
    It seems he still does not stop injustice because he loves every child and let them make free choices nothing is good and nothing is bad for him. It is the matter of choice of the child how to use the gifts of God and how to communicate his or her demands to the God.
    All is needed to understand and learn the language in which God communicate with his children.

9. profile image0
    Antoine Van Hoveposted 7 years ago

Your question is a result of your projection, "GOD", or THE DEVINE, or whatever name you give it, being a reality outside yourself.

10. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

God is in deed kind and “[His] anger is shown from heaven against all the evil and wrong things people do.” Romans 1:18, 21, 26-28

God gave all of us free will and the ability to choose our actions; as evidenced through Adam and Eve in the garden.

Because of their disobedience, sin was ushered into the world and “the world has been groaning ever since.”

We are living in the consequences of their original sin.

But God is available and waiting for us to choose Him. He is waiting for us to live a path of righteousness.

He allows injustices and “bad” things to happen for a number of reasons:

To help build our trust in Him.
        To help us understand His sufficiency for all of our needs.
        To help build our reliance on Him.
        To draw us closer into a personal relationship with Him.
        To help us build a stronger testimony and walk through Him.
        To use as an example of His love, grace, mercy and power.
        To show His workings of modern-day miracles.
        To show that He will bless us in spite of.
        To give people time to choose a path of righteousness and right living before he wipes “it” all out! But we have to choose Him!

And no worries, because in the end, we win!

working