jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Things one should consider before entering the priesthood or joining a nunnery.

1. LowellWriter profile image79
    LowellWriterposted 8 years ago

Things one should consider before entering the priesthood or joining a nunnery.

2. spirituality profile image62
    spiritualityposted 8 years ago

Fortunately becoming a nun is not something that's done in a second. They won't allow you to take full lifelong vows till you've experienced the life.

What to consider before doing these things? Just the usual: can and do you really want to live without a sexual relationship of any kind? Do you want the rules and regulations associated with these vows?

3. Webber224 profile image49
    Webber224posted 8 years ago

When I was a teenager, I thought about becoming a nun after high school. I admire the nuns' devotion to God and they had showed me what is all about uncoditional love.   In bible class, I asked my nun teacher how she become a nun. She said she  had the calling from God.  After class, I began to wait for my calling.  As I finished highschool, I discovered that I like to have boys around.  There you go, I am not the nun material.  Whenever I told my family and friends about this, they all laugh and would not believe it.  In my opinion, the church should allow priests and nuns the choice of marriage.  It would not stop one to devoted to God after getting married.

4. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Psychological counseling if you are somewhat normal other than that crazy thought.  Of course, if you are homosexual (potential priest or nun) or a boy-banger (priest), it's a great career choice.

working