jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are the things that you should consider before getting a tattoo?

1. rob_allen profile image84
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

What are the things that you should consider before getting a tattoo?

2. Dina Blaszczak profile image90
    Dina Blaszczakposted 6 years ago

Firstly if you won't change your mind and regret your desision in let's say 10 years time and secondly, make sure the person who will do it for you uses safe/clean instruments.

3. emimemo profile image78
    emimemoposted 6 years ago

Ask your family or the person you care. As long as the person is with you, she or he has to look at it all the time. At least to hear the opinion which design will be ok to get.

4. Eric Prado profile image74
    Eric Pradoposted 6 years ago

Integrity and reputation of the tat shop, Special meaning behind the tat, and quality of the artist's work.

5. KikiCobain profile image67
    KikiCobainposted 6 years ago

Where to get it, this is important. By this, i mean both establishment wise and body part wise.
    Also, does the design have meaning? It is important that it does, as it will be with you as long as you shall live.
    Apart from that, jump in and enjoy the experience!

6. Marion Elodie profile image61
    Marion Elodieposted 6 years ago

Make sure that it is really personal and means something to you, as opposed to being something you fancy at the moment and may regret later.

7. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

I HAVE considered getting a tattoo.  For about one second.  Then it passed. 

Maybe it's because I've seen people getting them at flea markets.  I can't even stand the sound of the drill/needle, nor even look.

Someone I worked with walked in one morning with her pant leg pulled up.  She was limping, and she had a horrible "face" tatoo, fresh, bloody, wet, on her leg. 

I would be terrified of an infection, HIV, or hating the tatoo later. 

However, I do have close friends who have had tatoos.  My best friend's daughter has a beautiful butterfly on the top of her foot.  Another friend has a "bracelet" looking tatoo above her ankle.  One has a rose on her shoulder.  They survived it just fine and they are attractive.

I would not fault anyone for getting a tatoo.  It's just not for me. 

Blessings, Sparklea smile

8. landscapeartist profile image77
    landscapeartistposted 6 years ago

Consider where you are getting the tattoo placed.  Also, take into consideration the tattoo artists reputation and hygiene.  You want to guard against infection and you definitely want to ensure that the work is worth the money and the time.  But, one thing you need to definitely think about is what the tattoo is going to look like when you are older and your skin is sagging.  I don't have any tattoos myself, however, i know a lot of people who do and their biggest concern is that some of their tattoos are awful and now they are stuck with them. 
    Have you ever saw an 80+ year old with a tattoo?  Not a pretty sight.

working