jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Was Jesus A Carpenter Like His Father, Joseph?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Was Jesus A Carpenter Like His Father, Joseph?

2. HOOWANTSTONO profile image61
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

Probably not, he did probably go and listen in the Temple, and did mention once

Lu:2:44: But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
    Lu:2:45: And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
    Lu:2:46: And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
    Lu:2:47: And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
    Lu:2:48: And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
    Lu:2:49: And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

3. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

The Bible doesn't describe alot about what Jesus did in the years before He began his ministry. It is possible to believe he learned and practiced the carpentry trade from His earthly father prior to His ministry. We have no way of knowing for sure without having scripture to confirm this.

4. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 7 years ago

The Bible isn't really specific about that, but most firstborn sons learned the fathers trade so it is assumed that during early adulthood, Jesus worked as a carpenter.

working