jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is speaking in tongues really a higher step in ones spiritual life?Remember,it i

1. profile image44
    Edwin Anyeposted 8 years ago

Is speaking in tongues really a higher step in ones spiritual life?Remember,it is one of the spiritu

My name is brother Edwin

2. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

It certainly is Edwin....  Its a language even the enemy doesn't understand.

3. DennisBarker profile image57
    DennisBarkerposted 8 years ago

I'm investigating the context, meaning and practical applications of prayer in one of my hubs, still a work in progress at the moment.http://hubpages.com/hub/Prayer-Hub---How-Many-Different-Forms-Of-Prayer-Are-There

4. It's just me profile image60
    It's just meposted 8 years ago

Speaking in tongues actually means to speak in a foriegn language not the gobblety gook some churches allow their members to pretend to babble.
    I asked my father in law who was a psychiatrist why churches like that exist. His answer was that they are a safety valve for borderline psychotics.

5. Soul Groups Press profile image53
    Soul Groups Pressposted 8 years ago

you are channeling - question is - does it make you feel good or bad?

6. dollmaker profile image59
    dollmakerposted 7 years ago

I believe it is a beautiful form of communicating with the Divine.  it doesn't make you better spiritually than someone who doesn't.  The Gifts of God do not divide and cause jealousy they are different for a reason and are manifested for a purpose.

7. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

No, it is evidence of schizophrenia. ....   ....   ....   ....   ....

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Speaking in tongues is one of The Gifts of The Holy Spirit, along with it you would also receive The Discernment of Tongues, for how else would you be able to understand an if need be translate what is being said.

Not every Christian Baptizes in The Holy Spirit would necessarily receive this gift though.

This can be taken one step farther too, as some also receive the gift of Singing in Tongues, a very rare but beautiful for of communicating with God.