jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Will the Church be raptured before the Great Tribulation or at another time?

1. Tank4u profile image73
    Tank4uposted 8 years ago

Will the Church be raptured before the Great Tribulation or at another time?

I am a sort of in between concerning this topic, but I lean toward a post tribulation rapture of the church. What are your thoughts on this subject?

2. MomintheMiddle profile image54
    MomintheMiddleposted 8 years ago

Protestants, if that is what you are asking about, believe that the Rapture will occur before the Great Tribulation. An expert on the protestant view is Hal Lindsey and I recommend his book "The Late Great Planet Earth" and another fine series of protestant fiction books about the subject are the Left Beind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. Roman Catholics do not take such a literal view, or if they do they do not talk about it so much.

3. profile image82
    Hxprofposted 8 years ago

The rapture occurs when Christ comes back at the end of the Great Tribulation.  This was the accepted view of virtually all the saints in the church until the mid 1800s.  The doctrine of a 'rapture' before or in the middle of the Great Tribulation is nowhere to be found in scripture.

4. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 6 years ago

Hxprof is right according a biblical viewpoint. Hal Lindsey isn't to be trusted. He has made failed predictions of Christ's return. I have a hub coming out soon called "The Misconception of Armageddon" and it shows through Bible verses that the GT is preceded by the return of Jesus.

I should have it debuting around the 23rd of Jan (2012).

1. searchinsany profile image82
      searchinsanyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I used to study this topic along with other teachings peculiar to Dispensationalism, and have now come to the conclusion that the Great Tribulation took place prior to AD 70! I have written Hubs on the ‘rapture’ and other 'end times' topics that may