Do you believe in one or many God(s)?

1. Animosity Reborn profile image59
    Animosity Rebornposted 8 years ago

Do you believe in one or many God(s)?

2. A M Werner profile image59
    A M Wernerposted 8 years ago

I believe the word 'gods' biblically, is the plural elohim, referring to creators.  In this sense, I believe there are many creators - a sort pantheon.  I also believe that Yahweh is a "zeus-like" Father of creators.
    Christianity has tried to destroy the pantheon with the trinity theory.
    If there is no pantheon, the book of Revelation would make no sense at all, for there would be no judgment, no angels to testify before - no reason to go through a trial, of sorts.  Of course, that is probably why many Christians embrace the rapture theory and pronounce the book of Revelation something only necessary for those left behind (so sad).
    In Psalms 82:6, Isaiah 41:23, and John 10:34, we are called 'gods' or 'elohim' or 'creators' - which we are.
    This is why mankind is not like the animals who can only follow instinct in the things they do.  We have been blessed with the knowledge and ability to manipulate the elements and things of the world - to create.
    "God" has become a blanket word meaning too much and yet nothing.  Not in a New Age sense, I believe we are all gods, we are all creators.  This fact alone however does not make us powerful enough to make righteousness reign or death disappear.  We can create - but the imaginations of our hearts are evil continually, so all the good we do finds an evil outlet.  Our creations are made vain, unnecessary and dangerous by our pride and greed - and that is not conquerable.  We are gods that must die.

3. Animosity Reborn profile image59
    Animosity Rebornposted 8 years ago

Thank you for the response A M Werner it is very insightful... personally i believe that there is only one God.

working