jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Did Jesus die on the cross for the salvation of mankind?

1. Animosity Reborn profile image59
    Animosity Rebornposted 8 years ago

Did Jesus die on the cross for the salvation of mankind?

My question relates to the concept of atonement.

2. yes2truth profile image61
    yes2truthposted 8 years ago

Did Jesus die on the cross for the salvation of ALL mankind?

Will He accomplish His plan?

3. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

Yes He did. Jesus was without sin and died as a living sacrifice for the atonement of our sins. John 3:16 tells us, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

4. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 8 years ago

He probably would die in the cross for us if he was real=)

5. evanlaeys profile image60
    evanlaeysposted 7 years ago

My answer to this question is in my hub: Making Sense of Easter.

6. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

Yes, he was the sin of man on the cross, and because he died, sin died, and because sin is dead, he has given us forgiveness. Grace, is what God does for us even though we don't deserve it. This Grace is extended to every Human, and its what we believe he did for us that gives us salvation. If you reject this action of God, you also reject God.

7. Williamjordan profile image59
    Williamjordanposted 7 years ago

Jesus died for more than salvation if you believe the word of God Jesus bridge the gap caused by sin which separate man from God,Jesus came into the world to reunite man to God and salvation is a benefit of his life free of known sin.To simply say Jesus die only for salvation would make repentance impossible or unnecessary Jesus death represents a reunion between God and mankind.and gives man the power to turn from sin.