jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do you think people reject God when the consequences of a life of sin are so

1. emsradar profile image57
    emsradarposted 8 years ago

Why do you think people reject God when the consequences of a life of sin are so dire?

2. profile image46
    yabeyaposted 8 years ago

If a person wants to know what God is like, and all he has are other people to show him, then I'm sad to say the odds are very against him.  And if the other people are only talking about God, from a pulpit, the odds are even worse.

God tells us what he is like in his very own book. To prove it, he came to Earth as a human, and sacrificed himself, and came back to life in a superhuman body.

I believe there are many "moments of truth" in every person's life, where God reveals himself somehow.  That person can choose to start asking God questions, or to keep ignoring him.  Most will ignore.  Messiah himself said narrow is the path to him but wide is the path to destruction (Matt 7:13).

I know it sounds weird, but God's spirit is on Earth today. Messiah (Jesus) called him a "helper" or "comforter"  (John 15:26).  He gently tugs at our heart strings.  But he is easy to ignore, and it's not in him to condemn us when we do bad stuff.

But those who want to see God will see something. God's spirit is here to guarantee that.

3. profile image0
    churchboyposted 8 years ago

Well I think they reject God because noone has shown them God and shown him his love. Also I believe that a lot of people see Christianity or religion as boring or not fun. So they figure why not do all the things that are fun to me.  They don't know they are doing wrong because they dont know God.  I hope this helped.

4. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 8 years ago

Because God and his storybook is not real=)

5. stricktlydating profile image78
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I wasn't born into an environment where there was any kind of religion around. I know as much about God as I know about the 'Goddess of love'.  I don't know whether a religious person thinks I am 'living a life of sin' because of this. And I don't know what a 'dire life of sin' means either. But I assure you I live a fabulous life.

6. Green Things profile image55
    Green Thingsposted 8 years ago

I once heard the statement "men prefer to believe what they prefer to be true".  I have always remembered it because it is such an apt description of the way people think and believe, even when what they believe has no real basis.  I was once terrified of death, because I knew if I were to die I would be going to hell.  Conversely, I did not believe in God or heaven.  It made absolutely no logical sense.  If you believe one, you have to believe the other - but I had no frame of reference for the good things, only the bad. 

No one ever showed me the love of God.  No one had ever taken the time to share the gospel with me.  No one ever reached out in any way.  I did finally learn the truth, but it was because curiosity had gotten the best of me and I picked up a Bible and read it for myself and found that it was the first time that something made sense to me, from beginning to end.

There is an inherent danger in the majority of Christians living insulated and isolated from the 'world', in that it is really hard to take the love of Christ to those who need it.  Many in the church also hold the mistaken belief that everyone in North America either believes in God, knows about the Bible or has heard the gospel.  I was 34 before I found any of these things and embraced them - all by myself.  My story is not unique.

Closed to reply

working