How many chronological stages are there in the Bible

1. goffie33 profile image59
    goffie33posted 8 years ago

How many chronological stages are there in the Bible

2. profile image46
    yabeyaposted 8 years ago

Sorry if I misunderstand your question, but I can think of these off the top of my head:
    - Covenant with Adam and Eve (This is your life unless you eat from that tree.)
    - Covenant with Noah (I won't wipe out the planet again, and you can govern with man-made laws.)
    - Covenant with Abraham (I choose your bloodline, the Hebrews, to be set apart as an example forever.)
    - Covenant with Moses (These laws are my laws, and worship me this particular way.)
    - Covenant with Believers (Live by my son's example, and my spirit will guide you.)

The parens "( )" are my simple version of what God said.

"Covenant" is like a legal contract, except for one thing. In a contract, both parties benefit from the agreement. But in a covenant, only one party benefits.  When God makes a covenant, we benefit.

While I don't agree completely with it, you can research "dispensationalism" for other ideas.  Just beware that some people use "dispensations" to claim that God's promises in the past don't apply today, which is not true.

3. goffie33 profile image59
    goffie33posted 8 years ago

There are twelve chronological stages:
    1) Creation stage
    2) patriarchal stage
    3) Exodus stage
    4) Conquest stage
    5) Judges stage
    6) Chaotic Kingdom stage
    7) Captivity stage
    8) Return stage
    9) United Kingdom stage
    10) Gospel stage
    11) Early Church stage
    12) Epistle stage

The reason why I asked the question is because so many of us have read some or all of the bible but not many of us have really studied the bible. When we study the bible we get to know God's word and knowing his word is knowing him.....

working