jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What was there Before Color Prejudice?

1. ixwa profile image84
    ixwaposted 8 years ago

What was there Before Color Prejudice?

2. Sasha S profile image72
    Sasha Sposted 8 years ago

Very high levels of colour blindness! But colour prejudice has always been apparent in human society; before there was colour prejudice I guess the main sorce of prejudice and discrimination was based on where you came from / which tribe etc. One need only look so far as the bible and the parable of the good samaritan where it uses the general dislike of samaritans to strengthen the lesson behind the parable.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow that one came to my mind as well The Good Samaritan

3. Unchained Grace profile image61
    Unchained Graceposted 8 years ago

What was there before any prejudice? Another one. From day one, humans ostracize and rebel against that which is different and those who believe differently. "Don't these people know that worshipping penguins is the key to surviving the bitter cold of today's society?" Hmmmm. . .it does get weird, sometimes.

Nevertheless, color prejudice is no different than any other prejudice. The unknown scares us, so we decide to push it away. It won't be tolerated. Why? We don't understand it. So, why must any group be ostracized based solely on the lack of understanding of another? People are inherently gutless, lazy and profoundly ignorant as they'd rather run and hide, spouting unfounded rhetoric rather than to have the fortitude to reach out and see for themselves what it is they're missing.

I consider myself fortunate that I shut my mouth and try to learn rather than to play the fool and miss out on a real blessing God has put before me. Satan uses intolerance to try to keep us from God's blessings. He's already a beaten foe, so why do people side with a loser?

working