With whom does a 'loner' criminal keep company? How can you tell who if the per

1. aoiffe379 profile image57
    aoiffe379posted 8 years ago

With whom does a 'loner' criminal keep company? How can you tell who  if the person keep no friends?

This is in response to "show me your company and I will tell you who you are". The 'loner' criminal is devoid of friends so there is no external influence to entice him/her to aberrations. Thus, is it his heredity? Are people born and destined to be criminals? in Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare, they were termed 'starcrossed'. Are there people who 'cannot help themselves' because it is their fate or path in life? I have known children with same parents and one sibling lives in trouble with the law.They  had the same training. Some children at school ' live' in the Principal's office.Why?

2. profile image45
    trizsavposted 7 years ago

First of all, you'd be hard pressed to find a true "loner criminal". When you read that a "loner" committed some terrible act generally that person is falsely labeled. What is stated as "loner" is usually a misrepresentation of an "outcast".

The difference is that loners enjoy and choose to be alone. They do not care what the world thinks of them and will find solace in solitude. For them, being alone is the most natural thing in the world and, in their solitude, they will not develop the ill feelings and desperation that will lead them to seek acts of violence.

The "outcast" however is someone that is forced to be alone. This can happen for any number of reasons: obnoxiousness, heavy drinking, mental illness - or in the case of Theodore Kaczynski the Unabomber - gifted intelligence. Because of their natural inclination to extroversion, their mental health is dependent on the company that they cannot attain and their solitude harbors frustration and hatred, which climaxes in violent acts.

Now because these "outcasts" are seen to be alone during or before they commit these crimes, they are falsely dubbed by the media and criminal profilers as being loners. Newspapers would even call such a person a "loner" and "lonely" at the same time, which is a blatant contradiction.

People aren't destined to be criminals. But, things like child abuse, alienation and poor choices tend to shape an individual into a less-than-ideal citizen.

working