jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe in God/Jesus?

1. nikki1 profile image58
    nikki1posted 8 years ago

Do you believe in God/Jesus?

2. goldenpath profile image72
    goldenpathposted 8 years ago

I believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.  I believe the Father and the Son exist with bodies of flesh and bone and have, each, endured and conquered their mortality in each of their own times.  I believe the Holy Ghost currently exists as spirit that he may carry out his mission to bear witness of the Father and Son and of all truth within us. 

Good forthright question - and honest!  : )

3. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

Absolutely yes!  I believe in God the Father and in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son who is my Lord and Savior. I also believe in the Holy Sprirt.

4. Bibowen profile image97
    Bibowenposted 8 years ago

Yes, I do. But what's even more important is that Jesus believed he was God in the flesh. "He that hath seen me hath seen the father."

5. A M Werner profile image58
    A M Wernerposted 8 years ago

I believe in the Father Yahweh and in His only begotten Son Yahshua.  People have learned to accept the logic of the trinity blindly but it is only a man-made philosophy designed and instituted by the Catholic Church 300 years after the resurrection.  In John 3:38, Yahshua shows us clearly that He is not the Father - "For I came down from heaven, NOT TO DO MINE OWN WILL, but, the will of Him that sent Me."  That's not a magic formula unless you want the trinity to be true.  Taking it for what it says, the Father and the Son are two very different persons.  The Son came to show us that it is possible to bend your own will to the Father's will.
    Many try to say that Yahshua said He was in the Father and the Father in Him, so that made them the same person, and thus both God.  If you use that logic, then John 15:4 which says, "Abide in Me, and I in you", would be saying we are god - but in all honesty, we are, because He says in John 10:34-35 that the law says we are gods and Yahweh said we were gods. 
    The real problem is using the word 'god' as a blanket.  God is really an anglo-saxon word for 'good'.  The whole idea of using blanket words came from the priests of Yisrael telling the people of Yisrael, it was illegal to speak the sacred name YHWH or Yahweh.  They hid the Father's name by making it so sacred and holy, no one was allowed to utter it.  Look what Yahshua told us He came to do.
    John 5:43 'I am come in My Father's Name, and ye receive me not. . .'

working