Pope Joan, the Only Woman Pope, the Whore of Babylon?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Pope Joan, the Only Woman Pope, the Whore of Babylon?

2. profile image0
    jcmmanuelposted 8 years ago

The story of the female Pope has been proven a hoax as far as I am aware of. Moreover, I don't believe that any straightforward parallel between these pictures in Revelation and the Roman Catholic Church. It is not as easy as to say, for instance, the Pope wears purple, so there's a parallel. Also the famous book The Two Babylons (Alexander Hislop) made the mistake of explaining all Rome's actions as evil, while in reality they were usually attempts to Christianize a pagan event. That may not have been a good idea, but it doesn't mean that applying our own explanation to it makes the Catholic Church the beast, etc. If it were that simple, then what to do with the many mistakes within the Protestant world? And I know many catholic Christians who are real believers in Christ. If Christians would all look at one side for danger, they may well be in great danger of being attacked from where they didn't expect it. So I recommend to be careful and not jump to conclusions. We need to have a sense of realism in everything. But that's just my opinion.

working