With so many other religions to follow, why should one become a Unitarian Univer

1. LowellWriter profile image78
    LowellWriterposted 8 years ago

With so many other religions to follow, why should one become a Unitarian Universalist?

While I understand every church is different, I'm just wondering if joining this faith would be good for me. Is your faith as liberal and accepting as I've always heard? How different from the Catholic faith is Unitarian Universalism? Thank you in advance for giving my question sincere consideration.

2. Freeway Flyer profile image90
    Freeway Flyerposted 7 years ago

I just wrote a hub explaining how I became a UU and describing the ideology in some detail. (I would put the link here but it might cross the line for self-promotion.) UU churches vary, but they are as liberal and accepting as you are likely to find, namely because there is no theological creed that is being pushed. The emphasis is on proper behavior, not proper theology. There are some liberal Christian churches that may be similar, but a UU church does not hold Christian teachings above those of other religions. We believe that you should try to learn from as many traditions as possible, and if beliefs lead to positive behavior, then they are a good thing.

working