jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe that to truely show you God is through your kindness and not your

1. abahannin profile image56
    abahanninposted 7 years ago

Do you believe that to truely show you God is through your kindness and not your judgements?

Many Christians tend to tell you that you are going to hell if you dont repent.I am a christian but I believe that a real christian is to show God through the kindness we do for people,and not judge them for what they do.

2. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 7 years ago

its a mixture of both. Jesus made a whip and emptied the synagogue, he called the pharisees, vipers and often put his finger on their nose.
    A good example is the woman caught in adultery, neither do i condemn you, go and sin no more.
    Depends on the conversational overtones.
          we are often drawn away from obedience by? the abuse of grace (Jude 4) and then claim 1 john 1:9. We abuse grace when, after sinning, we dwell on the compassion and mercy of god to the exclusion of His holiness and hatred of sin.
         'God loves the sinner, but, hates the sin'.
    I don't ever purport hell as it has an unscriptural connotation but the love of god is amazing and real and thats is mostly my testimony but if a sin is revealed, i rebuke it, sometimes mildly sometimes strongly, depends on how the spirit takes me.

3. petsnakes profile image67
    petsnakesposted 7 years ago

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." - Matthew 10:16

It's about discernment not judgment.

4. profile image0
    scriber1posted 7 years ago

Abahannin said in answer to this question that we should "show God through the kindness we do for people, and not judge them for what they do"

Ironcially, that's precisely what the Dalai Lama -- the patriarch of Buddhism -- said in several public sessions in the US several years ago.

Thus the question of denomination and righteousness begs the question of this question.

5. aslanlight profile image72
    aslanlightposted 7 years ago

Yes, I really do believe that. Our judgements are about how we think, but how we act towards others is how we are.