jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why Does God Want Me To Pray For The Other People When They Can Pray For Themsel

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why Does God Want Me To Pray For The Other People When They Can Pray For Themselves?

2. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 8 years ago

God asks that we do it so it must be important.
    god is love. Praying for other people enhances and exercises our love. Its hard to dislike people when you are praying for their well being. We sometimes learn by ministering to others. It is a righteous thing to do.

3. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 8 years ago

that a self center way of living and a self center person is not a humble person and in no way know God or have love for other for a self center person put them self above other and can,t live in peace with the world

4. Marliza Gunter profile image78
    Marliza Gunterposted 7 years ago

The other people answered well..but just to add another thought to your bucket..."what you sow, you will reap"...if you sow prayer in a time that God asks you, then one day when you are in need of prayer, then God raises His intercessors or other children to pray for you...to then carry you in prayer on their hands..."carry one another burdens and so fulfill the law of God... hope this gives you hope... smile

5. Jason2917 profile image59
    Jason2917posted 7 years ago

People don't always pray for themselves. Sometimes it takes supportive friends and family and even strangers to bring a person's needs to God on their behalf when they are either too discouraged, too distracted, or unwilling.

Consider this story: "And when they could not get near [Jesus] because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven." (Mark 2:4-5)

It was when Jesus saw the faith of the people who brought paralytic to Him that He healed him.

God has composed His body in such a way that we all have the responsibility and privilege to bear one another's burdens unto Him.

6. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

Allso there is POWER (Dunamis Gr.) in prayer the bible teaches. When I m praying and can't seem to breakthrough to God it just might be that your praying earnestlly for me also will help me get my breakthrough. I have had people come up and ask me a few times whether I was going "thru something" as the Holy Spirit led them to pray for my situation without my even knowing it until after I had received my answer. NOW that's God

working