jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in ghosts?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

Do you believe in ghosts?

2. ilmdamaily profile image63
    ilmdamailyposted 7 years ago

Certainly. Though I base it primarily on my own personal experiences - so in that sense it is a knowledge more than a belief.

As for what may be an explanation behind the phenomenon, I believe that ghosts - or whatever you'd like to call them - or even the afterlife in general, relates to both matter and consciousness.

For instance, while we do not know for sure the extent of the relationship between the mind and the brain, we do know certainly that there is some sort of relationship. So in that sense, we have an acknowledged relationship between consciousness and matter. Combine this with the fact that the total amount of matter in the universe is finite, and we begin to form a clearer picture of what may be behind all of this.

When a person dies - does thier consciousness cease to exist? How much of thier consciousness was tied to the physical matter that constituted thier brain? I believe that the phenomenon people recognise as "ghosts" or the afterlife is an echo of consciousness...just my 2 cents.

3. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

Interesting way to look at it. Must say parts of it resemble my own thinking about death and what happens after death. I wrote a hub on the same subject a while back. Thanks for answering this question!!

4. LeighGBanks profile image61
    LeighGBanksposted 7 years ago

I don't believe in ghosts but i am trying to prove or disprove their existance ... i think that way we will head towards understanding all sorts of different things - i've written hubs on my own search!

5. MollyMiigwan profile image57
    MollyMiigwanposted 7 years ago

I certainly believe in ghosts. I saw one in a cornfield behind a softball field as a child and have ever since longed to meet another, especially with a loved one.

6. profile image49
    heatermeposted 7 years ago

yes very much so. i think there was one that is attacking my daughter

working