jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Anyone have a ready good defense for women pastors?

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Anyone have a ready good defense for women
    pastors?

Some have said this,and some have said that.But what do God say?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image86
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

Are women pastors under attack? Do they need to be defended? If so, from whom?

3. ilmdamaily profile image64
    ilmdamailyposted 7 years ago

What does God say?

Well He is typically not so forthcoming with His opinion these days - though if we accept that all that "is" has been created by Him, then I feel we are entitled to interpret  all that "is" as being in some way indicitative of His intention.

So, if God created women (which seems reasonable if we accept He created everything...), and He gave them intelligence (the self control required not to make a joke here is unimaginable!), then it would seem he would have no objections to them utilising that intelligence in His "service".

Make sense?

4. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

I speak about righteousness,not hate.Men was given
    guidelines for the church,women have none.
    Women hold great honor in the church,but it's the man
    through which the Church was establish,billions gave their
    life to bring the Church foward,they are worthy for leadership.
    As paul have said....can we all be the same thing.

5. terced ojos profile image66
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

Paul expressly forbids women leadership and by way of extension women pastors, reverends, bishops etc...

I've heard a bunch of pastors including my own use scripture from the old testament to stretch an interpretation or create an interpretation from scripture that would allow women to be pastors.

If we are to believe Paul then God doesn't allow it either.

The bible gets twisted and turned and stretched all the time.

I gotta tell you it really bothers me how many times "hermeneutics" is evoked as some super intertepration to enlighten the rest of us "dummy's" as to what the scripture "really says."

You get to the point where you start to feel like anyone can draw any interpretation they want from the bible..hence all the denominations, nazi's, kkk members.....etc...

working