jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Christians or not?

1. Cory J. Clark profile image60
    Cory J. Clarkposted 7 years ago

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Christians or not?

2. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Do I detect a little fear or insecurity in this question ?
    Have you been got at or bamboozled by the JW rhetoric if so then again, as with one of your other questions then fear not their scare tactics.
    Your question “Are Jehovah's Witnesses Christians or not”  is a good one and I doubt you’ll get a logical answer .
    They think they are, in fact to hear them talk you might think they’re the only group who are.
    But no, they are just one of a hundred splinter groups who think they are the only true Christian sect.   
    To be brutally honest I find their brand of religious preaching to be a form of brain washing, because nothing you say to them seems to penetrate the barrier.   Of course there are many more Head Bang groups out there, just seems a little unfortunate that they are all in the US of A , don’t know why !
    As with all things in life my advice is simple, if religion interests you then keep your mind open until you gather enough information about the subject to arrive at your own conclusions and decide for yourself which path to take.
    Treat all preachers, whatever faith or sect they represent as Salesmen or Women,  they are out to recruit you and they will use whatever means at their disposal to do it  and trust me this will includes lies and half truths or a wildly distorted version of the facts twisted to suit whatever brand they’re selling.
    Plus always remember the golden rule, if whoever is preaching/selling will not give you time to consider their words and allow you to decide for yourself then say NO and walk away.

3. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Yes they are Christian or at least they believe in Christianity.

4. Mark Upshaw profile image60
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

Yes, they are 100% Christians by believing in the only two commandments that Jesus left all his believers with.  He summed up all the law of the old testament in two rules:  I paraphrase:  Love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as you love yourself. 

All people that profess Christianity but hate others, like hating gays and lesbians, or Christians of another denomination or doctors that give abortions, or family's that cross the border looking for work to support their families - these people are not believers in Jesus since they refuse the 2nd law the Jesus gave.

5. Kitaine profile image75
    Kitaineposted 5 years ago

We've all heard the rumors - Jehovah's witness believe...but what do they truly believe? read more

working