jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is there any evidence to indicate that Adam and Eve really lived?

1. obasi profile image53
    obasiposted 7 years ago

Is there any evidence to indicate that Adam and Eve really lived?

Is this statement scientifically credible?

2. johnsams profile image70
    johnsamsposted 7 years ago

In 1987, a team at the University of California at Berkeley published a study comparing the mtDNA of 147 people from five of the world’s geographic locations.2 They concluded that all 147 had the same female ancestor. She is now called “the mitochondrial Eve.”

From a biblical perspective, do we know where Eve lived? Because the flood was so destructive, no one knows where the Garden of Eden was.4 However, Noah’s three daughters-in-law, who lived only a dozen or so generations after Eve, began raising their families near Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey—very near the common boundary of Asia, Africa, and Europe. (Each of us can claim one of Noah’s daughters-in-law as our ever-so-great grandmother.) So it is not surprising that Asia, Africa, and Europe are candidate homes for mitochondrial Eve.

s there a “genetic Adam”? A man receives from his father a segment of DNA which lies on the Y chromosome; this makes him a male. Where did your father receive his segment? From his father. If we all descended from one man, all males should have the same Y chromosome segment—except for rare mutations.

A 1995 study of a worldwide sample of 38 men showed no changes in this segment of the Y chromosome that is always inherited from fathers. Had humans evolved and all men descended from one male who lived 500,000 years ago, each should carry about 19 mutations. Had he lived 150,000 years ago, 5.5 mutations would be expected.11 Because no changes were found, our common father probably lived only thousands of years ago. While Adam was father of all, our most recent common male ancestor was Noah.

Yes, new discoveries show that we carry traces of Adam and Eve in our cells. Furthermore, our common “parents” are probably removed from us by only 200–300 generations. All humans have a common and recent bond—a family bond. We are all cousins

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 7 years ago

I actually heard recently that the adam and eve story was actually made up as a way to tell people about how the world began. I think that's really funny and most likely true.

4. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

From a very simplistic point of view they are real. The evidence is  the Bible. Everything in the Bible is proven to be true. That means Adam and Eve were real people. They were the beginning of mankind and woman.

Second I choose to believe they are real based again on the Bible and its teachings.

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

You are ... !

I mean, unless you had parents ... and your parents, also had parents ... and they too had parents ... until all your grand parents can trace and relate their origin to Adam and Eve ... how on earth could you, ever possibly, be posting this question ?

I do not believe in the Sciences ... "Credible" Evidence stories ...  Because, the fact is, they are still looking for it ... so far, they have found, a fragment, of the top of a skull in Africa, and are trying to "Construct" a 'Credible Model' of the "first' Human ... Around it !

6. HOOWANTSTONO profile image58
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

1) Yes every human is an offspring from Adam and Eve
    2) The oldest records are in the Bible, extending back to that time.
    3) Aramaic records in archaeology proved man lived that long ago, with these records

working