jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you consider yourself a good samaritin? would you help someone in need?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image82
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

Do you consider yourself a good samaritin? would you help someone in need?

2. profile image0
    MaryReneeposted 7 years ago

Hey School Girl!
    This question is excellent!
    Yes, I do think of myself as a good samaritin. If I saw a person in need, I would definetly do all I could to help. We all have to help eachother out! smile

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image82
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

Nice answer, MaryRenee smile
    I agree wink As long as I could and they were not trying to take advantage---you gotta watch out for those ones !

4. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Yes, I do.  I do help even when I have nothing that I think that I can give.  A smile is sometimes all that is needed  Sometimes though learning to receive is the lesson for if we all give then who would be the receiver.  Something that I believe in is to get more love you must give it all away.  The Red Hot Chile Peppers have a song about that.  I think the name of it is: "Give It Away"

5. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I would help others when the risk of doing so is in the realm of safe.  If it is unsafe to help others I would try to contact the appropriate emergency response authorities. 
    There is no reason to risk my life and the support of my family in order to help someone that I probably cannot actually help.
    But I am a very caring person and would want to help.

6. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

I am always willing to help someone, in need who asks for my help. I do not consider myself a good samaritan, merely a Christian though. One should not pat one's self on the back for doing good for someone else in need.

In response to Lady G. we do not give to receive. We give because we can and we desire to be helpful.

7. AuraEmber profile image54
    AuraEmberposted 7 years ago

Psychologists around the world have found that almost everyone believes they are a good person. Simply asking a question rarely reveals any truth about a person.

8. David 470 profile image84
    David 470posted 7 years ago

I think I am willing to help someone unless its something extremely dangerous, but for the most part yes.

Closed to reply