jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why, if most religions on the face of the earth, claim to teach peace and love,

1. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Why, if most religions on the face of the earth, claim to teach peace and love, do their...

ministers teach each other and their congregations about other religions in a light sufficient for both preachers and adherents to go out of their way to bash other religions or figure that they need saving?

2. TwO1FouR profile image58
    TwO1FouRposted 7 years ago

This is why I never associate myself with religions. I do have faith and believe in a God but I keep my thoughts of beliefs to myself as I do not like to offend people.

I guess their beliefs are so strong that they believe they have the right passage so they try to convert people into believing with them. You can sort of understand why they do it but I don't believe they should go about it as if they know everything while offending others with different beliefs.

I do not want to offend anyone but saying that your religion is the 'right' religion can be very offensive to people with different beliefs.

3. Hridyapal Bhogal profile image60
    Hridyapal Bhogalposted 7 years ago

each and every religion teaches Human to live in peace as well as spread it in all directions....!!! Its the followers of these religions who misinterpret the things mentioned in their respective scriptures....

4. Cumbesef profile image60
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

To err is human...to forgive devine.

Not all people, ministers, preachers, etc., behave badly.  It is unfortunate that people affiliated with any one particular religion can take on a "holier than thou" attitude.  That, however, is not to be confused with the teachings of that religion.  It is merely a BAD interpretation of what should be.

Live and let live - that's my motto!

5. Emmanuel Marosi profile image47
    Emmanuel Marosiposted 5 years ago

All religions and sects were instituted by men. No religion is therefore perfect. Perfection does not exist. Perfection is only an imagination.

working