Where in Isaiah, Daniel, and Psalm, was it predicted that the Christ would die?

1. True Truthseeker profile image75
    True Truthseekerposted 7 years ago

Where in Isaiah, Daniel, and Psalm, was it predicted that the Christ would die? How does the...

Bible define death?

Please, spare me your thoughts, the Bible ONLY please.

2. bjspivey-rivers profile image73
    bjspivey-riversposted 7 years ago

Isaiah 53.  Psalm 22.  I don't know about Daniel.  The Bible defines true death as separation from God.  Physical death was referred to by Jesus as 'sleep'.

3. Judah's Daughter profile image80
    Judah's Daughterposted 7 years ago

Not sure why you're asking about these three books ~~

In the words of the Prophets, ‘cut off’ means to be killed or to die.

Daniel 9:26 “And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself”

Isaiah 53:8 “By oppression and judgment He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due?”

Psalm 22 (written by David) has a multitude of prophecies about the crucifixion of Jesus.

There is a physical death (1st death - Heb 9:27) and a spiritual death (2nd death - Rev 20:14-15) - in regard to the lake of fire, read Rev 14:10-11; 19:20 and 20:10.  Jesus separates soul and body in Mat 10:28.  Geenna (hell) is the lake of fire in this passage...the second death.  Only those who reject Christ will suffer the second 'death' (Rev 20:6).

working