"DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO"

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (93 posts)
  1. Troy C. profile image60
    Troy C.posted 13 years ago

Let's start with something we can all agree on, we're alive, we have a mind but we are also physical beings and one day the physical being will cease to exist. Now class, this is not a philosophical question it's a personal question.The question is what do you think will happen to you after you're physical body dies.

Now I will answer that my soul will go to Heaven and I will live in paradise for all eternity. Now I want your belief on what will happen to you. Not putting down someone else but what you believe.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I die I will be dead, end of story. I would say that I would go into the dirt but that's not the case. I have donated my remains to medical science and they will burn and dispose of what remains.

As to the paradise so many look forward to, I am trying to enjoy mine while still alive. I understand the need some people have to believe that there is a better world waiting for them when they die. I don't understand why so many of them insist on being miserable and hateful during their time here on earth.

Good question and no disrespect for your beliefs intended.

Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

None taken and I am not miserable I love my life. Thank you for your comment.

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe what gets referred to as the soul is really in the brain.  Also our emotions.  It has been shown that various drugs can alter brain activity, thinking, behaviour, personality etc.  There is no physical evidence that a soul outside the body exists.  The thoughts/feelings etc are a function of the neurotransmitters etc in the brain, not the heart.

Our bodies are made up of biological chemicals that get broken down and reutlised in something else.

Interesting concept, Thank you

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are our physical bodies and nothing more, so we will cease to exist when our bodies die. smile

1. hanging out profile image60
        hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no party at your mansion then.
        bummer  smile

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I die; my soul will be at the mercy of my Creator-God Allah YHWH; He will judge me. I humbly believe He will have mercy on me and put me in Heaven. Amen

What you guys are supposed to live in heaven? Thats good because we christians get to live on earth, the new one. whew.. I'd hate to see the sucker who car bombed my friends.

2. profile image57
        stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's clear your belief comforts you.  That's fine.

Do consider what happened to the perfect man-Job.  No one has even come close since that time.

By definition, *everything* 'God' does is good.  Therefore, a person who does everything *right* can lovingly, justly, and righteously be consigned to an eternity in Hell where the 'worm dieth not and the flames will not be quenched.'

Or, the Xian can be subject to the 'eternal dire consequences' promised by all sorts of other deity constructs.  In which case the Xian becomes the pass around play toy of a bunch of celestial toddlers.  Everyone knows what happens to the toys of toddlers.

All are mere actors in a pointless play hitting their marks and spouting their lines as scripted eons ago when 'God' furiously ejaculated the universe into being.

Yep, you can't do anything except what I, God, have scripted and everything is your fault for which you must be punished.  'Divine Plan' and omni characteristics.

and your belief comforts you?
          perhaps you do not know what a belief is supposed to do for a person. We are supposed to pick one that works for us and makes us happier than we would normally be.
          I know all about job, even the hidden things. People have come close and committed suicide because they did not have God in their life. Stock market crash of 1987 for instance.
          The worm dieth not means the worm will complete its job of devouring until nothing is left. and the fire not be quenched means that it shall not be put out until it has done its job. These are not states of eternity. Only God knows what eternity is, only God can relate to eternity, our flesh likes eternity when it comes to punishing the wicked but God a loving spirit doesn't want the wicked first of all being immortal and second occupying space where God would have to ignore. We speak of what the lake of fire is for.
          When speaking of bible people often forget that of 3,000 prophecies fulfilled, there are only a few left, one is jesus return as king, this the jews understand more nowadays, they wanted him back then but he came as a servant to usher in a new way, also prophesied. No other book has prophecy or a man who worked miracles.
          The bible rules as the word of God.

1. profile image57

hanging outposted
            "and your belief comforts you?"

Listen carefully, you lack belief in all other deities not yours.  I lack belief in those deities, too.  I also lack belief in yours.

A lack of belief is not a belief.  There's more than a binary situation-no matter how important you think it is.  Christ, like Santa Claus, are merely things some people believe in while others do not.

In other words, "bald is not a hair colour" and "not stamp collecting isn't stamp collecting."

I no more 'draw comfort' from lacking belief in God than I do all the other fantasy figures I lack belief in.  Quite simple.

hanging outposted
            "perhaps you do not know what a belief is supposed to do for a person. We are supposed to pick one that works for us and makes us happier than we would normally be."

What belief does for a person is dependent upon the person.  Some Christians are giddily happy, others are miserable while still others are worried.

hanging outposted
            "I know all about job,"

You missed, or ignored the point.  Job was a person who did *everything* right and God lovingly, justly, and righteously, screwed him over.

No one else is going to come close to what Job was able to do.  And they expect to be treated better?

hanging outposted
            "even the hidden things. People have come close and committed suicide because they did not have God in their life. Stock market crash of 1987 for instance."

Based on the Xian superstition people commit suicide because it was what God scripted.  The Bible is clear on that and it follows from the stated omni characteristics of the God character.

Indicating people killed themselves because they didn't have God in their life is an empty claim.

Substitute the word God with anything else and it has the same validity as your statement.  Some substitutions could be; Santa Claus, Tiamat the Dragon, Keebler Elves, Ra, Circe, Zeus, Apollo, Isis, asdofiawe, osdoaer, and Odin All Father among millions of other possibilities.

hanging outposted
            "The worm dieth not means the worm will complete its job of devouring until nothing is left. and the fire not be quenched means that it shall not be put out until it has done its job. These are not states of eternity."

That's not what the verse states.  Words do have meaning.  If you're going to question clear words then that also casts doubt about the 'promise of eternal life.'  You can't have it both ways.

hanging outposted
            " Only God knows what eternity is, only God can relate to eternity, our flesh likes eternity when it comes to punishing the wicked but God a loving spirit doesn't want the wicked first of all being immortal and second occupying space where God would have to ignore. We speak of what the lake of fire is for."

You're not listening.  According to Xianity; all are mere actors in a pointless play hitting their marks and spouting their lines as scripted when God furiously ejaculated the universe into existence.

A person can do nothing other than the path God set.  There is no 'Free Will.'  No matter how much I yearn and believe there is no way I can flap my arms and physically fly cross-country.  Based on the Xian superstition and the 'Free Will' dodge attempt; my 'Free Will' is that God will be wrong in what I have for dinner tomorrow night.

If God's plan is for me to have steak and I'm determined to have fish; either way God loses.  If I have steak tomorrow night my point about not being able to do other than what God planned is supported.

If I have fish that indicates God's plan is horse apples and that he's even more a weakling than the Bible indicates.

hanging outposted
            "When speaking of bible people often forget that of 3,000 prophecies fulfilled, there are only a few left, one is jesus return as king, this the jews understand more nowadays, they wanted him back then but he came as a servant to usher in a new way, also prophesied. No other book has prophecy or a man who worked miracles.
            The bible rules as the word of God."

The Bible is rubbish as the so-called 'prophesies.'  It's stone and bronze age crap that a child in junior high can beat.

God lies, murders, rapes, and tortures and it is Good.  [shrug]  Nice god you got there Hangin'.  You're more than welcome to him.  :wave:  smile

5. Woman Of Courage profile image59
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe my soul will go to heaven also, and I will live forever.

1. profile image57

That's fine.  I'm curious as to what you would do in heaven.  How would you pass the time?

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59

I will be singing beautiful praise and worship songs to God. Fellowshipping with everyone, and having the most glorious time of my life!

1. profile image57

Thank you for the reply.  I do hope you get what you yearn for.  I mean that honestly and kindly.

People often see things in different ways.  My reaction was a shudder of horror.  Eternity never ends and even the most wonderful, fabulous, party would become Hel. 

For me, life is vibrant and is enriched because I'm aware it will come to an end.

I'm ecstatic that I finished a very difficult painting last week after about 270 just painting hours.  This doesn't consider; set up, clean up, mixing paint, or pondering.  The painting is a full size 20 x 30 inches and is my version of an old and very famous master work. I now have to coat the painting with a protective coat of medium then leave it for a year to dry before I can varnish it.  The work?  The Mona Lisa.  smile

6. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My consciousness continues.  I'll continue learning and preparing for further truths until I am properly prepared to be further judged according to my mortal deeds in conjunction to how I've received that further knowledge.  If worthy I'll come forth in the forefront of the millenium to dwell upon the earth in it's more perfected state.  After that work is complete I'll hopefully continue to prove valiant and worthy to withstand the final battles in preparation for the Earth being celestialized into a perfected state.

1. profile image57

Fine.  But why the silly 'dog and pony show' instead of going straight to a perfect state?

he said if worthy ... as a christian according to the pattern set forth in the bible we all know where we are going. God does not play games. There is no re-incarnation.
          easy to spot a fraudulent religion
          salvation is not dependant upon 'further knowledge'.

1. profile image57

You didn't answer the question.  Let me repeat it:

But why the silly 'dog and pony show' instead of going straight to a perfect state?

Such a 'dog and pony show' is playing games and is dishonest, as well.

If its easy to spot a fraudulent religion-how did you miss the Christianity fraud?

the garden was the perfect state. The God of the bible started us out in the perfect state and will end us in the perfect state. Why the dog and pony show? to get sinners to admit they are sinners and believe in God. Can't imagine them popping up after death for judgment day and not knowing God and expecting to gain access to what God has. What God has is equal to what He is.
              I wasn't answering the question i was replying to golden path.

I am on the inside looking out, people who don't understand are all on the outside looking in. You can stand looking at a beach but once you get on the beach then can you partake of its pleasures.

1. profile image57

hanging out posted;
                "the garden was the perfect state. The God of the bible started us out in the perfect state and will end us in the perfect state."

No, the garden was not the perfect state.  God deliberately and with malice aforethought sabotaged it with the two 'magic trees.'  The tree of Knowledge and the tree of Eternal Life.

hanging out posted;
                Why the dog and pony show? to get sinners to admit they are sinners and believe in God. Can't imagine them popping up after death for judgment day and not knowing God and expecting to gain access to what God has. What God has is equal to what He is."

God and pointless game playing is what you've shown via your response.

hanging out posted;
                "I wasn't answering the question i was replying to golden path."

Then you miscliked. Clicking on *this* as in 'responding to' brought up my post.  It isn't a problem as that happens to us all from time to time.

hanging out posted;
                "I am on the inside looking out, people who don't understand are all on the outside looking in. You can stand looking at a beach but once you get on the beach then can you partake of its pleasures."

[sigh]  Why is it that believers, all too often, assume those not of their superstition know nothing about it?

7. profile image57

Troy C posted;
      "Let's start with something we can all agree on, we're alive, we have a mind but we are also physical beings and one day the physical being will cease to exist. Now class, this is not a philosophical question it's a personal question.The question is what do you think will happen to you after you're physical body dies."

There's no 'think' about it.  The body dies and decomposes.  There are no neural connection, sensors, or activity.  In short, it's "Game Over."

You're free to believe in any damn fool thing in a failed attempt to 'cheat death.'  Death isn't anything to fear.

8. LeslieAdrienne profile image72
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Going to Heaven when I die.... and, I am glad about it big_smile

1. profile image57

How will you keep yourself occupied through the never ending eternity?

The whole world will be available and possibly the universe as well. Society will be opposite to what we have now. Everyone will be our friend, all will be good natured, kind and have wicked jokes hehehe. Animals of all types will be harmless and like pets.
          Where there is no time there is no watching the clock.
          And of course, God will be there, Christ, all the OT saints. So much conversation, so much comradery.

1. profile image57

Thank you for the response.  I don't know about the wicked jokes aspect.  I'd expect they'd be censored.

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

Yes. On august 1, 1982 a Sunday morning GOD in a vision shown me the other side of death. It is glorious. So I do know where I will be going.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

some people in their visions believe that god told them to murder their children too

1. profile image0
        AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By their fruit you shall know them.

2. hanging out profile image60

Then obviously their vision was not from God.
        How easily people get sucked into believing falseness.
        or perhaps they figure they will get a shorter jail sentence.
        If God ever tells me to murder something, i will have to hear it boom outta the air around me and i want lightning and something knocked over or to fall off the wall... i would under any normal circumstance never believe that God just whispers, hey, kill tommy.
        bi-polar to go, easy on the mayo

1. profile image57

Their vision was certainly from 'God.'  Such is part and parcel of the divine plan. 

Aren't you the brave one to put any restrictions on God.

With 'God' it certainly is 'obey or go to Hell.'  Of course, 'obey and go to Hell' anyway is also righteous, loving, and just.

No offense intended, but your statement "How easily people get sucked into believing falseness"  applies to you as well.

no offense to you but you are so wrong about the God of the bible. What makes you think God needs a person to kill another person? God doesn't want to kill people, he wants that people should believe in him and be saved. Jesus said love your enemies, why would God ever ask another person to break one of his ten commandments? There are many examples of God killing people after two or three witnesses say the man gathered wood on a sabbath for instance, but just to vision somebody and say go kill. Sorry that is not how God works.
            The truth of Gods nature and character is not me putting restrictions on God in that you are wrong.
            I have read your posts too and I don't know what God you know about.

1. profile image57

hanging out wrote;
              "no offense to you but you are so wrong about the God of the bible."

Then you must be reading a heavily edited version.  The Bible is full of; genocide, rapine, theft, cruelty, injustices, and much more.  Other things follow based on claimed attributes-like the omni ones.  Omni=all.  With omni it is all or nothing.  There is no inbetween.

hanging out wrote;
              "What makes you think God needs a person to kill another person? God doesn't want to kill people, he wants that people should believe in him and be saved."

Oh, God loves killing and tormenting.  He does it so often and gleefully.  What God wants God gets, no matter what transparent excuses are brought forth.

*Who* are people being saved *from?"

Why God/Jesus, of course!

hanging out wrote;
              "Jesus said love your enemies,"

Jesus also said he didn't come to bring peace, but a sword.  That he came to turn families against each other and that a man's foes would be their own household.

Whoopsie.  Guess Jesus forgot to take his anti-psychotic medications.

hanging out wrote;
              "why would God ever ask another person to break one of his ten commandments?"

God orders that on a constant basis.  Theft, rapine, genocide, killing parents, sons, and all females who weren't virgins and keeping those left as sex slaves.  Raping them until they died-in most cases.

hanging out wrote;
              "There are many examples of God killing people after two or three witnesses say the man gathered wood on a sabbath for instance, "

That law remains in force.  God didn't kill the person gathering wood.  Christians did-according to the law.  Every Christian alive today has broken that law.

hanging out wrote;
              "but just to vision somebody and say go kill. Sorry that is not how God works."

That is just how God works.  Amakelites, for one.

hanging out wrote;
              "The truth of Gods nature and character is not me putting restrictions on God in that you are wrong."

Ah, but you did so restrict God.  Maybe you didn't intend on doing so, but you did.  These are your words:
              "If God ever tells me to murder something, i will have to hear it boom outta the air around me and i want lightning and something knocked over or to fall off the wall... "

Indicating what form the instruction would have to take is a restriction.

hanging out wrote;
              "I have read your posts too and I don't know what God you know about."

The Christian variant of the Abrahamic superstition, of course.  You know, the 'Holy Bible?'

Don't blame me for what's in it.  I didn't write the silly thing.

3. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

As no one showed me any visions, I will most probably be just
    D E A D. It's rather sad, but so far no one could beat it, even the best of us.

4. kess profile image59
    kessposted 13 years ago

Since all life came out of death the false, therefore I am life and Truth.

Truth cannot die but will exist forever.

Where am I going after the death of this physical body?

Well since my physical body cannot die unless I will it, but overcome with the fullness of Life.
    There is no place to go but exist as Life itself and all that it contains.

Therefore I am not limited by places nor ages nor any other thing
    and there is no places outside of Life but death.

Physical death is not final for me, I believe that  we are made up of three parts, mind, body and soul. What do you think happens to the other two after physical death ?

1. Beelzedad profile image58

The mind is the brain, which is part of the body, both will cease to exist when you die. Souls don't exist. smile

1. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3896705_f248.jpg

You have these in florida!!!! noooooooooooooooooo

how do you live.. oy vey!
            They don't even look tasty to me

1. profile image57

At dusk they're all over the sidewalks.  It sounds like you're walking on potato chips.

ewwwwww
                make froggy sick

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3912184.jpg

1. profile image57

Sorry.  It's been many years since I was posted to Mississippi.  I still remember the sounds the things make and the crunch of the carapace.

2. profile image57
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will not die, I will leave this body behind and go to meet my maker and ask for mercy for I have failed Him

You can correct that fail with jesus

1. profile image57

Nothing fails like Jeebus.

2. profile image57

You haven't failed, nor have you sinned.  You can do nothing other than comply with the Divine Plan.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (King James Version)

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

In jesus christ... are you 'in christ jesus'? To be 'in christ jesus' a person has to be "saved".
            Acts 4:12   Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (jesus christ, when the words are flipped around it is pertaining more toward the risen christ).

and of course you know being saved amounts to the prayer of repentence.

1. profile image57

hanging outposted 3 hours agoin reply to this

In jesus christ... are you 'in christ jesus'? "To be 'in christ jesus' a person has to be "saved".
              Acts 4:12   [snip]"

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

The instruction has nothing to do with being 'saved.'  It indicates everything you do, or happens, is the 'will of God.'  All are mere actors in a pointless play hitting their marks and spouting their lines as scripted eons ago when God furiously farted the universe into being.

Those aren't my words.  The Holy instruction is directly from the distributed manual.

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello my friend. All is well, yes?

3. profile image57

What happens if your first sentence isn't accurate?  [curiosity]

5. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

According to my beliefs, my physical body will return to its elemental state and feed the earth, and my energy will be returned to the universe to be recycled.  In short, I will go to the recycling bin.

1. profile image0

So, then, what was the entire point, value, purpose of your (plural) existence? If merely to observe/serve the universe as recyclable nutrient, humans would have no need to think or do --or even exist at all. Walking plants, talking monkey's, yes?

And every single thing man has ever done proves itself pointless from equation(science) to sensation(religion) and in between.

-James.

1. profile image57

Life is.  If a 'purpose' is needed then designate one and change it whenever you like.

Since the universe won't exist forever, the question about point, value, and purpose can be asked about it, as well.

Because things are finite does that mean they have no value?

6. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I will be judged by the almightly God! My soul will either go to heaven or hell based on my judgement! I am not perfect and never have said that I am....therefore I make mistakes. I pray for mercy for those mistakes! I plan on going to heaven and spending eternity in paradise!!!

1. profile image0

Libby, I can admire zeal. But wouldn't be easier and better(more logical, real) to reveal 'heaven' from within? If any 'believer' is still concerned with where, then they aren't going...

-James.

1. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did not say I didn't know where I was going! I said I will be judged and my soul will either go to heaven or hell... I said I have made mistakes and I pray for mercy... and at the end I am going to heaven and spending eternity in paradise! I have no doubts! So no, it's not more logical for me to reveal heaven from within!! I will wait for my heaven! Thanks!

Either I typed it differently than I meant it or you took it the wrong way... either way I know where I am going!!

1. profile image0

Perhaps, but as I have been scolded for, by believing and non-believing, heaven -to quote the text- is within you.

"If they say look here or there [amplified: this place or that place] do not believe them; The kingdom of heaven is in you."
          Which is why I suggested revealing that place outwardly. Manifesting it, as we were shown by Y`shua, yes? smile

~James.

1. libby101a profile image60
            libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed

There are three heavens in the bible.
            heaven where the birds fly about
            heaven the universe
            and heaven where gods throne room is.

none of these are within us.
            Yes God resides in us, but in our hearts and our hearts being Gods throne room is metaphorical.

What is inside us is water, chemicals and a propensity to sin and if we are believing - Gods communication channel, His spirit is inside us.

1. profile image57

GAAAHHHHHHH!  Bad visual alert.
              God's WC.  Yikes!  Permanent Latrine Orderly anyone?  wink

Within the God pantheon a person cannot sin as they can only follow the divine script.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Some of the biggest 'shocks and awes' we have in our lives are those we attribute to the confidence we place in our "assumptions" of what is going to happen in the future.

These shocks are also usually attributed to the fact that even though we may have worked out contingency plans for scenario A as well as scenario B, out of the blue another unforeseen scenario suddenly reveals itself as the reality of that future. smile

Not me.. I do not foresee any other scenario at all. Questions answered the peace and rest of Jesus Christ is like being on vacation, stress just fails to show up. All is well and life is good, in fact, it is very good <-- i got that from the big guy smile

1. profile image57

Cool.  :thumbsup:

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Well, y'all can go where ya like, as for me, I'm going to Leroy's.

1. chubatemjen profile image59
      chubatemjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mind is the sum total of all experience...for it can't be self existent. Soul if that which binds the dual with the creator..for some its heaven, for some soul enters the astral realm and is reborn if earthly karma is still intact.

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well, my karma is at Leroy's. where the women are in abundance

1. profile image0
          AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ralwus thank you for making me laugh with your my karma response. I am still laughing as I write this response. Truly living life on earth is hilarious. I have tears flowing from my eyes from laughing so hard. Thank you. God created woman from man,s rib and done a wonderful job of it for man to share and enjoy life on this earth through love peace free which every human beings is to the core of their beings including the women at Leroy's. Give my LOVE PEACE FREE to those women and greetings from the Ambassador Butler. You made my day with laughing so hard. Thank yuo. Go in peace.

2. profile image57

OH MY!  That persons karma just got run over by another persons dogma!
          :eek:  wink

to those who believe in re-incarnation or the kharma trip:

Matthew 24:35   Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

2 Peter 3:10   But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2 Peter 3:13   Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1   And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

You will be coming back to nothing. Watch that last trip, its a doosey

1. profile image57

Don't forget:

Ecclesiastes 9 (King James Version)
          5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

I had thought you were joking.  I realize now you're dead serious.

What your Holy Book says is immaterial and irrelevant to those outside it just as their Holy Book is to you.

If you're going to insist the tenets of your 'babe at first suck' in comparison to its myriad elders apply then their tenets apply to you. 

I'm not trying to insult you, but things really are just that simple.

Hebrews 9:27   And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

can you rewrite this sentence:
            If you're going to insist the tenets of your 'babe at first suck' in comparison to its myriad elders apply then their tenets apply to you.

1. profile image57

Sure, I'll rewrite it.  No problem.

Creator deities are many.  The Abrahamic version is a newborn in comparison to, for instance, Tiamat the Dragon who's 5,500 years old.

The other aspect is if you are going to insist the tenets/aspects of your religion applies to those outside it, then you are subject to the tenets/aspects of all the other ones.

You can't have it both ways.

Better?

8. profile image49
    christmashampersposted 13 years ago

<a href="http://www.bradfordsbakers.com">Hampers</a>

I believed and i know where i am going if i will die my soul will go to the heaven because i am good person loving and friendly persons. :-)

Well I hope we all make it to Heaven but it is a prepared place for prepared people so you have to work at it

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59

I agree that we have to be prepared.

There is only one name under heaven whereby people must be saved. Jesus.

1. profile image57

Nope.  There were many before that particular character.  As I recall there were 24 or 25 before who used the same shtick.

According to the Xian superstition:

Q:  *Who* created everything?

A:  God.

Q:  *Who* was inconvenienced for your scripted sins?

A:  God/Jesus.

Q:  *Who* are you being saved *from?*

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image72

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, [even] by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1. profile image57

Leslie, what your book says is immaterial and irrelevant to those outside it.

You might as well quote from a Wonder Woman[tm] comic book.

According to the Xian superstition:

Q:  *Who* created everything?
            A:  God.

Q:  *Who* was inconvenienced for your scripted sins?

Q:  *Who* are you being 'saved' *from?*

This is why we don't want non christians in our discussions. WE believe in every word of the bible and will always quote from it, for it is a wonderful book.
              And we don't care that you don't like our book, but if you are gonna debate with christians you should be on the same page with us.
              otherwise

close the door behind ya.

1. profile image57

hanging out posted

"This is why we don't want non christians in our discussions."

Then have the whole area listed "Christians Only."

Yes, I understand pointing usavoury things out and the ramifications/reprecussions of aspects/attributes is disquieting to Xians.

The other factor you conveniently ignore is; 1 Thess5:18

This instruction is crystal clear.  Your words indicate you're not complying with the directive  {That's between you and Jesus}.

But then that brings this verse into play:

Luke 6:46  {KJV}
                And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Luke 6:45-47 (King James Version)

45A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

46And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

As for verses you don't seem to like or appreciate:

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)
                All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:15-17 (King James Version)

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

hanging out posted
                " WE believe in every word of the bible and will always quote from it, for it is a wonderful book."

No, you don't so believe.  You've had great difficulty with many of the passages I've quoted directly.  You've added to the text when it suited your purpose.  You've striven to shift things via red herrings and 'hand waving' to try to change the subject instead of accepting and believing in the quoted word.  Once again, that's between you and Jesus.

hanging out posted
                "And we don't care that you don't like our book, but if you are gonna debate with christians you should be on the same page with us."

I didn't say I like or dislike your book (don't think I've specifically stated).  Its *your* book I've been quoting from.  It's the tenets of Christianity I've been bringing up.  Its the ramifications and repercussions of said claims and tenets I've been addressing.

I'm not interested in debate.  I've no intention in changing anyones mind about things.  What I'm interested in is discussion and exploration.  I'm interested in how individuals see things in different ways based on your Holy Writ.  I'm interested in how a person reacts to, views concerning actions flat stated in the Bible.  There are many things I'm curious about. It isn't about your Holy Book.  It's all about people.  I explore.  Things are, in the main, a response to what individuals post. 

Do keep in mind I've never suggested anyone lose belief.  In fact, I've spoken in support of individual beliefs and of people's yearnings.  I've also thanked people for replying to curiosity questions I've had.  I wanted to see how they saw/felt about a few things.

hanging out posted
                "otherwise

close the door behind ya."

How is quoting from the Bible, and such, not being 'on the same page?'

9. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

Yep, i do know where i am going after death. In death the body dies and the CD of that life gets stored in Gods library for a rockin time of watchin videos of all the good things his Christians ever did! and then the rewards!!!

im pumped!
    its gonna be shekinda glorious!

1. profile image57

ROFL!

Mega extended DVD, actually.

Rewards.  Hmmmm.... 74 white raisins?  A doggy biscuit?

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image72

hangin out....you rock!

3. Woman Of Courage profile image59

Praise God!!

10. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 13 years ago

I haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to...

be 6 feet under...
    be in a mausoleum...
    be cremated and then have my ashes scattered throughout nature...
    be added to this list of people... (leaning toward this one.)

But, I do believe that I don't want to have embalming fluid settling inside of my decomposing body.

smile

Heaven  or Hell, there is no inbetween. I am not here for me but for you on behalf of the one who sent me and all the others here to help you This is no joke. Tomorrow is not promised to you, get right now.
      Love you all Troy C.

1. profile image57

I'm glad to learn you've made your peace with Tiamat the Dragon.

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image72

ProCW

If it's [your body] decomposing, what does it matter what they put into it? You won't be there whenthey do it and I promise you, whereever you are, you will not be concerned

1. profile image57

You're right.  With no functioning synapses there's no concern-or anything else.  smile

3. hanging out profile image60

concerning the resurrection, of which there are two.
      the judgment seat of christ (for Christians) and the great white throne judment (for non-Christians)
      concerning the body of the resurrected
      "  1 Corinthians 15:52   In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
        1 Corinthians 15:53   For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
        1 Corinthians 15:54   So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

There is a spiritual body

11. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

Yes and it begins with H

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)