jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you knew you'd save 10,000,000 lives once you painlessly killed 200 people, w

1. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

If you knew you'd save 10,000,000 lives once you painlessly killed 200 people, would you do it?

Are you a utilitarian (the ends justify the means), a Kantian (intention determines justification), or pacifist (thou shalt not kill) moralist?

2. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

A realist utilitarian.  In that 10,000,000 people there are likely a lot more than 200 a-holes, so I would stand back and do nothing.

And for you religious folk -- no big deal right?  "God" will save/admit to heaven the good ones of the 10,000,000.  Right?

3. urs_dipak profile image58
    urs_dipakposted 7 years ago

My heart is silent about the question, But my mind says I will kill those 200 painless to save rest 10000000

4. M.s Fowler profile image40
    M.s Fowlerposted 7 years ago

Yes I love to help others out by doing good things!

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

without a doubt i'd do it. if the people i'm killing are people i chose then it would be easy. if someone else chose the people then their choice would dictate my response.

6. profile image0
    kellieshellposted 7 years ago

no i wouldnt. one of the ten commandments is thou shall not kill

7. move2move profile image60
    move2moveposted 6 years ago

If I can save 10,000,000 people then it's not a big deal to make it 10,000,200 ... ;-)!
    The options just would be others than what is believed by those thinking 200 must been sacrificed 1st in order to save the rest. There's always a way out, you just must see it!

But you are supposed to be the hero of the story & really think that 200 have to be killed .. then, show the example by being the 1st in Line :-)!

working